Letterman upset with Obama's lies and notes Romney is more honest

I know the right wing won't believe this because they only believe conspiracies.

Even Bain refused to invest in the auto industry. Without government help, we would have no care industry.

Here is Mitt's article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/19/opinion/19romney.html?src=mv&_r=0#38;ref=general

The federal government should provide guarantees for post-bankruptcy financing and assure car buyers that their warranties are not at risk.

There would have been no "post bankruptcy financing" because there would have been no auto industry. Mitt knows that. He is too good of a businessman not to know it. He knows he can say this because something else already happened. The auto industry was saved, so he's free to say anything he wants.

What a "smart" Republican could be asking is why Mitt wants to bring immigrants here with degrees to start businesses, but doesn't feel Americans are worth investing in. Maybe he feels the same as Rick Santorum?

Immigration | Mitt Romney for President

Wow.

"DAVID LETTERMAN, HOST: .....Now, I don’t care whether you’re Republican or Democrat, you want your president to be telling the truth; you want the contender to be lying. And so what we found out today or soon thereafter that, in fact, the President Obama was not telling the truth about what was excerpted from that op-ed piece. I felt discouraged."

He's talking about Obama claiming that Romney said to let Detroit go bankrupt during the debate. Romney of course never said that.

"LETTERMAN: ....the President is invoking it and swearing that he was right and that Romney was wrong and I thought, well, he’s the president of course he’s right. Well, it turned out no, he was taking liberties with that."

Letterman: Say, Obama’s kind of lying about this GM bankruptcy thing, huh? « Hot Air

Yeah--that was fact checked immediately--and Obama wasn't telling the truth. But lately Obama hasn't been telling the truth about a lot of things. He's been campaigning on a pack of lies--and this strategy started well over one year ago and prior to the republican primaries even starting.

Barack Obama’s aides and advisers are preparing to center the president’s reelection campaign on a ferocious personal assault on Mitt Romney’s character and business background, a strategy grounded in the early-stage expectation that the former Massachusetts governor is the likely GOP nominee.

The dramatic and unabashedly negative turn is the product of political reality. Obama remains personally popular, but pluralities in recent polling disapprove of his handling of his job, and Americans fear the country is on the wrong track. His aides are increasingly resigned to running for reelection in a glum nation. And so the candidate who ran on “hope” in 2008 has little choice four years later but to run a slashing, personal campaign aimed at disqualifying his likeliest opponent.
Date of this article--August 9, 2011.
Obama plan: Destroy Romney - Ben Smith and Jonathan Martin - POLITICO.com

Obama+cartoon.gif

I know the right wing won't believe this because they only believe conspiracies.

Even Bain refused to invest in the auto industry. Without government help, we would have no care industry.

Here is Mitt's article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/19/opinion/19romney.html?src=mv&_r=0#38;ref=general

The federal government should provide guarantees for post-bankruptcy financing and assure car buyers that their warranties are not at risk.

There would have been no "post bankruptcy financing" because there would have been no auto industry. Mitt knows that. He is too good of a businessman not to know it. He knows he can say this because something else already happened. The auto industry was saved, so he's free to say anything he wants.

What a "smart" Republican could be asking is why Mitt wants to bring immigrants here with degrees to start businesses, but doesn't feel Americans are worth investing in. Maybe he feels the same as Rick Santorum?

And you know fucking shit.

The reason Obama did what he did with GM is because in a bankruptcy it is likely there would have been legalized union busting from the court as there was when the airlines reorganized under chapter 11... It was Union pressure aka favors to democrats that kept this president form pushing GM into reorganization!

Although I would not give a rat's behind what liberal Letterman thinks....it's a good thing that at least he agrees on the duplicity of King Obaminous.

Letterman didn't point to any lies by Obama, just said he was taking liberty with the op-ed. The only statement by Obama anyone could have a problem with is when he said "would not provide government assistance to the U.S. auto companies, even if they went through bankruptcy."

Which is taken out of context. And begs the question is bankruptcy "government assistance"?

Here's the quote from the oped:

"The American auto industry is vital to our national interest as an employer and as a hub for manufacturing. A managed bankruptcy may be the only path to the fundamental restructuring the industry needs. It would permit the companies to shed excess labor, pension and real estate costs. The federal government should provide guarantees for post-bankruptcy financing and assure car buyers that their warranties are not at risk."

Mitt Romney - TARP and GM

I put his words in bold just to make it easy for you to find.

Most experts agree GM would not have made it out of bankruptcy. Would that be like offering someone food after they are dead and saying you assisted them?

That could be argued, however it is not the point of this post. Maobama lied and then doubled down when Romney tried to correct him during the debate. It's just that simple.

so now you like Letterman?

Hacks

No, I just appreciate that unlike the liberal obamabots like you, he can see a lie and call it out.

Reading from the teleprompter, Letterman was just being patronizing and condescending. Making it appear he is not anti- Romney which he clearly is. Come Nov. ^th you can bet the farm he WILL vote for Obama! Nuff said!

That may be, but as a person with an audience it is still encouraging to see he has the ability to call a lie a lie... and of course you do not know in all actuality how he will vote.

Last edited:
Funny thing is even after Letterman said it, Obama doubled down on the lie again today.

I hope Letterman seriously reconsiders his vote before the 6th.

Here is Mitt's article:

from your link...
What Romney said...

From the debate....
what Obama said...
"You keep on trying to, you know, airbrush history here," Obama said."You were very clear that you would not provide government assistance to the U.S. auto companies, even if they went through bankruptcy. You said that they could get it in the private marketplace."
PolitiFact | Obama says Romney opposed any government help to rescue carmakers
even the libtard paradise Politifact says Obama lied.
We rate Obama's statement Mostly False.

dumb fuck

David Letterman Apologizes To Wife Regina Lasko On Show
03/18/10

NEW YORK — David Letterman, days after revealing on air that he'd been sexually involved with women from his television program, apologized to his wife on Monday's "Late Show," saying she had been "horribly hurt by my behavior."

The late-night host, building on Thursday's startling confessional in a potential seminal moment in his storied career, vowed to repair his relationship with his wife, Regina Lasko, whom he married in March after a years-long courtship ....

[http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/05/david-letterman-apologize_n_310356.html/quote]
I wonder what Letterman's wife, Regina Lasko, thinks of the high standards that her husband holds when it comes to judging others about telling the truth.

As for Romney, he continues to characterize Obama's trip overseas as an "Apology Tour"during the denates, something that a "binder full" of fact checkers have found to be untrue.

Last edited:
Trust me, Letterman is voting for Obama.

I doubt he'll bother to vote. He certainly wants to influence the election with his bully pulpit though.

Oh Letterman will vote... make no mistake about that. Letterman has not hidden his great dislike for Republican politicians in general. Letterman will vote for Obama. :eusa_clap:

That doesn't matter. Voting is often below rich or "busy" people. Show me a video of Letterman ever voting.

Romney said Detroit should go bankrupt.

"IF General Motors, Ford and Chrysler get the bailout that their chief executives asked for yesterday, you can kiss the American automotive industry goodbye. It won’t go overnight, but its demise will be virtually guaranteed."

"The American auto industry is vital to our national interest as an employer and as a hub for manufacturing. A managed bankruptcy may be the only path to the fundamental restructuring the industry needs. "

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/19/opinion/19romney.html?_r=0

David Letterman Apologizes To Wife Regina Lasko On Show
03/18/10

NEW YORK — David Letterman, days after revealing on air that he'd been sexually involved with women from his television program, apologized to his wife on Monday's "Late Show," saying she had been "horribly hurt by my behavior."

The late-night host, building on Thursday's startling confessional in a potential seminal moment in his storied career, vowed to repair his relationship with his wife, Regina Lasko, whom he married in March after a years-long courtship ....

[http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/05/david-letterman-apologize_n_310356.html/quote]
I wonder what Letterman's wife, Regina Lasko, thinks of the high standards that her husband holds when it comes to judging others about telling the truth.

As for Romney, he continues to characterize Obama's trip overseas as an "Apology Tour"during the denates, something that a "binder full" of fact checkers have found to be untrue.

I get it. Because Leterman is dishonest he can't possibly see the value that comes from honesty. Or think that perhaps our goverment leaders should possess that attribute. Because somehow he is stupid when he comes to the subject to the convenience of all the dishonest people who might hear what he is saying.

"IF General Motors, Ford and Chrysler get the bailout that their chief executives asked for yesterday, you can kiss the American automotive industry goodbye. It won’t go overnight, but its demise will be virtually guaranteed."

"The American auto industry is vital to our national interest as an employer and as a hub for manufacturing. A managed bankruptcy may be the only path to the fundamental restructuring the industry needs. "

Which is probably why they went through bankrupcy proceedings.

Yea? So? And he was right. GM is making Volts at a loss of like $40K per car and if we cashed our Govt Motors stocks they'd be half of what we bought em for. Apparently, you nor Obama know anything about business. Romney and myself do.

Forum List

Back