Letterman upset with Obama's lies and notes Romney is more honest

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
Wow.

"DAVID LETTERMAN, HOST: .....Now, I don’t care whether you’re Republican or Democrat, you want your president to be telling the truth; you want the contender to be lying. And so what we found out today or soon thereafter that, in fact, the President Obama was not telling the truth about what was excerpted from that op-ed piece. I felt discouraged."

He's talking about Obama claiming that Romney said to let Detroit go bankrupt during the debate. Romney of course never said that.

"LETTERMAN: ....the President is invoking it and swearing that he was right and that Romney was wrong and I thought, well, he’s the president of course he’s right. Well, it turned out no, he was taking liberties with that."

Letterman: Say, Obama’s kind of lying about this GM bankruptcy thing, huh? « Hot Air

SSOBAMA.jpg

Seems I started a thread on this very subject on Monday night, I'm glad to see at lest one liberal agrees with me. I say good for you David.

I don't have a problem with Libs ragging on Romney or any other republicans when
they say something wrong or really stupid.But when it's obvious the the Ed Schultz's of the world are
lying or misleading then they should be held accountable.

Uh oh.

"HE'S NOT LYING!!!!!!"

"LETTERMANS FULL OF SHIT!!!"

"ROMNEY IS THE LIAR!!!!!"

But will any of the lies and failures of Obama stop the same fools from voting him back into office? There is a relatively small group of votes up for grabs. Unless some of the people who voted him in last time wake the hell up and actually pay attention to what a mess he has made and rethink giving him the vote I wonder how much it all matters.

Still good to see someone address his lies.

Letterman didn't point to any lies by Obama, just said he was taking liberty with the op-ed. The only statement by Obama anyone could have a problem with is when he said "would not provide government assistance to the U.S. auto companies, even if they went through bankruptcy."

Which is taken out of context. And begs the question is bankruptcy "government assistance"?

Is Letterman upset about the real reason the troops left Iraq? Biden's negotiations for keeping troops there fell through.

Now you want to listen to Entertainers? lol

Who cares who offers it up? As long as the truth about Obama's lies is put out there. We know some media will avoid doing the same.

Letterman didn't point to any lies by Obama, just said he was taking liberty with the op-ed. The only statement by Obama anyone could have a problem with is when he said "would not provide government assistance to the U.S. auto companies, even if they went through bankruptcy."

Which is taken out of context. And begs the question is bankruptcy "government assistance"?

Here's the quote from the oped:

"The American auto industry is vital to our national interest as an employer and as a hub for manufacturing. A managed bankruptcy may be the only path to the fundamental restructuring the industry needs. It would permit the companies to shed excess labor, pension and real estate costs. The federal government should provide guarantees for post-bankruptcy financing and assure car buyers that their warranties are not at risk."

http://www.thepoliticalguide.com/Profiles/Governor/Massachusetts/Mitt_Romney/Views/TARP_and_GM/

I put his words in bold just to make it easy for you to find.

Last edited:
Wow.

"DAVID LETTERMAN, HOST: .....Now, I don’t care whether you’re Republican or Democrat, you want your president to be telling the truth; you want the contender to be lying. And so what we found out today or soon thereafter that, in fact, the President Obama was not telling the truth about what was excerpted from that op-ed piece. I felt discouraged."

He's talking about Obama claiming that Romney said to let Detroit go bankrupt during the debate. Romney of course never said that.

"LETTERMAN: ....the President is invoking it and swearing that he was right and that Romney was wrong and I thought, well, he’s the president of course he’s right. Well, it turned out no, he was taking liberties with that."

Letterman: Say, Obama’s kind of lying about this GM bankruptcy thing, huh? « Hot Air

never really been a big Letterman fan, but he just went up a few point in my opinion.

of course, the libtards are all gonna say Letterman is a GOP shill now.

Now, I don’t care whether you’re Republican or Democrat, you want your president to be telling the truth; you want the contender to be lying. And so what we found out today or soon thereafter that, in fact, the President Obama was not telling the truth about what was excerpted from that op-ed piece. I felt discouraged."

dumb ass

New Topics

Forum List

Back