Let's Talk Trump

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
1. Most of the pro- and anti-Trump arguments are based on emotion, whether it be anger or fear.

2. Trump represents the greatest threat to the federal bureaucracy since the end of patronage.

3. Trump represents the greatest threat to media influence over our political system.

4. Trump represents an attack on political correctness that permeates government and education in the U.S.

5. Trump is not a Constitutional Conservative like Ted Cruz.

Agree/disagree?

1. Most of the pro- and anti-Trump arguments are based on emotion, whether it be anger or fear.
Disagree. Most pro Trump voters like that Trump makes fun of people, is crude and disgusting, and vote for him soley on that. Pretty much the gallery on the movie Happy Gilmore.

Most anti-Trump commentators try to inject sophisticated reason and facts into the argument. Trump supporters don't like being talked down to (which is understandable) but there is often no other way to engage at Trump supporter. So Mr. Trump's support becomes more belligerent and more violent.

2. Trump represents the greatest threat to the federal bureaucracy since the end of patronage.
Disagree. Nothing is going to change. If Mr. Trump had workable solutions to the nation's problems, they would have been made public by now. He has none so there will be no solutions coming afterhe is elected.

3. Trump represents the greatest threat to media influence over our political system.
The guy who is on TV every day? The guy who has a network TV show?

Uh no.

One honest thing that was brought up during the GOP circus is important to remember going forward; "It's not about the polls, it's about the ratings."

While it's hard to imagine Trump doing anything substanative lets look at his rhetoric about ISIS. We are supposedly going to "Steal their oil". When you have Seantors and Congresspersons object, what will Mr. Trump do? If the Senator is overweight; he'll break out the fat jokes. If she is a woman, she should get ready for the attack on her appearance. Any known skeletons in the closet or close family member with a drinking/drug problem? Trump will be all over that. His fans will cheer; the media will ask for comment from his targets and they will be silent because obviously the media will love the debate over whether (for example), Senator Ernst's husband is having an affair. "With a face like her's I couldn't blame him." Trump will say.

This is just an example but any Trump supporter will be lying to themselves if they think that the classless Mr. Trump would not "go there."

4. Trump represents an attack on political correctness that permeates government and education in the U.S.
He represents an attack on decency. Little else.

5. Trump is not a Constitutional Conservative like Ted Cruz.

Agree/disagree?

Remains to be seen. I doubt anyone is as conservative as Ted Cruz but Newt Gingrich had a good line when he became Speaker....

"You don't drive a Winnebago like a Corvette" meaning that since he had more responsibility, he'd be more responsible. Who knows if Cruz would have gone through with his plans to have the government default on debt or not?

The thing is, after 8 years of obama we simply can't fuck up any worse.

Do you mean that we can't afford to fuck up worse, or that it's impossible to fuck up worse? Because if it's the former, I agree; if it's the latter, I respectfully and vehemently disagree.

Y'all wanna talk Trump? Okay. I have a couple of questions for his supporters.

Is there a "bridge too far"? In other words, is there anything he could say or do, or anything that could happen with his campaign, that would be too much for you? If so, what is it?

Do you mean that we can't afford to fuck up worse, or that it's impossible to fuck up worse? Because if it's the former, I agree; if it's the latter, I respectfully and vehemently disagree.

So you will vote for Hillary, but take no responsibility for doing so? How admirable.

The latter. Who would be worse? Hillary was too conservative for the left back then.

Is there a "bridge too far"? In other words, is there anything he could say or do, or anything that could happen with his campaign, that would be too much for you? If so, what is it?

Deliberately violating national security protocols and peddling official influence for donations to his "foundation."

So you will vote for Hillary, but take no responsibility for doing so? How admirable.

I will vote for Hillary? I call THAT a radical reinterpretation of the text, otherwise known as "a frigging moron talking out of his ass".

I tell you what, halfwit. Why don't you stop flattering yourself that you're even remotely qualified to speak for me?

The latter. Who would be worse? Hillary was too conservative for the left back then.

Well, just looking at them, Sanders and Trump both look as bad, which means they actually have the potential to get into office and be even worse. After all, we know exactly what Hillary would do in office; we've already seen entirely too much of her in the executive branch, albeit always at one remove. We've never seen Sanders or Trump holding that sort of office, which means they could actually fuck up even worse than anyone imagines.

That's the "fun" of wild cards and unknown quantities.

Deliberately violating national security protocols and peddling official influence for donations to his "foundation."

I said "campaign", shitforbrains. Could you get over your "I must bring up Hillary! I'm sure everyone who hates Trump is a Hillary fan, and I just KNOW I'm scoring huge rhetorical points by mentioning her!" obsession, wipe the foam from your chin, and attempt to discuss your own fucking candidate? Would that be at all doable?

Or maybe we should just take this as an admission that you know Donald Trump sucks?

Well, just looking at them, Sanders and Trump both look as bad, which means they actually have the potential to get into office and be even worse. After all, we know exactly what Hillary would do in office; we've already seen entirely too much of her in the executive branch, albeit always at one remove. We've never seen Sanders or Trump holding that sort of office, which means they could actually fuck up even worse than anyone imagines.

That's the "fun" of wild cards and unknown quantities.
Sanders is there only for the show but he couldn't do much of what he wants. Trump could, I just don't see it as worse than the aggressive progressive obama agenda. Especially the Supreme nominations.

I said "campaign", shitforbrains. Could you get over your "I must bring up Hillary! I'm sure everyone who hates Trump is a Hillary fan, and I just KNOW I'm scoring huge rhetorical points by mentioning her!" obsession, wipe the foam from your chin, and attempt to discuss your own fucking candidate? Would that be at all doable?

Or maybe we should just take this as an admission that you know Donald Trump sucks?

Name-calling is not unexpected from one who is painted into a logical corner. Perhaps you would like to explain why what someone says or does as a candidate is more important than what they say or do as a public official?

Name-calling is not unexpected from one who is painted into a logical corner. Perhaps you would like to explain why what someone says or does as a candidate is more important than what they say or do as a public official?

Blah blah blah de blah. "I don't want to admit that I really WOULD cheer for Trump shooting someone, so I'll just deflect off to 'you called me a name! You MEANIE!"

You LIKE name-calling, dumbass. You're voting for TRUMP, remember? It shows "a refreshing lack of political correctness; it's tough. It's strong." Now all of a sudden you're pissing your panties over it. Could you make up whatever passes for your mind?

Why we're talking about his campaign: because right now, campaigning is what he's actually doing. If and when - God help us - that vulgar blowhard ever holds public office, THEN we will talk about what he does in office.

We are not talking about Hillary because she is not the topic, nor is she in any way related TO the topic, which is Donald Trump and his campaign for the GOP nomination. Please up your ADD meds and try to focus.

I'll even repeat the question. Is there anything he could say or do, or anything that could happen with his campaign, that would be too much for you? If so, what?

Forum List

Back