let's talk cats

My cat loves the store toys, its just a matter of making them interesting for a cat.

One trick is to dip the cloth mice in catnip, most cats will love that.

His fav toy however is a piece of wire, like all cats, they pick what they want to play with.

When I find the pics of cats and ferret from years past I'll post them. Son was living in South Dakota. He was looking to rent a place went with the owner to check the rental. They got there and the previous renter had left this ferret there. Poor thing was almost starved to death. Guy told son he could have it. Son took it to vet got it all healed so forth. Son moved back here brought ferret with him. Daughter had just brought me the Siamese kitten. Thing was almost wild not friendly at all. So son puts kitten in cage with Otto his ferret. Son and I had not seen each other for a few months so we are talking along not paying attention and all the sudden hear kitten screaming. Look over at pen and Otto the ferret has kitten in a choke hold cleaning kittens ears. Kitten and ferret become best of friends. We made a huge pen outside for them for daytime and put swings, pipes, stairs and toys in day house pen for them. They would play and sleep all day together in their pen together. Local gal told me ferrets kill cats. I told her hem did not know that but Otto loves lil kitty.

cats can take as long as a year to accept the new comer....clark accept tiff within a week...roland still aint to fond of her....but noruns over to beat her head with his paw...she was like a bobbled headed doll for weeks...now they are calmer..

if your kitty is calico it is most likely female....how can you people not tell the difference?
Kitty still at daughters I've only seen pics

Care,

Several years ago I was in PetSmart and they had cats up for adoption. My brother was in need of a cat so I adopted it. I kept him for a week b/4 I gave him to my brother. Yeah, yeah the adoption place was kept in the dark. :)

Anyway the whole week he was here my cat - an only, indoor cat - freaked out! The adopted cat -Knighty- was kept in a big cage that the adoption people lent us. Our cat was a complete and total spaz. I have no idea what would have happened had we kept the cat but I understand your situation.

When we adopted our dog from the SPCA, the cat was freaked at first but adjusted. They basically ignore each other except for when they're hungry. Then they're both crabby and mouthy -- just like kids. The cat hisses and swats at the dog. The other night the dog was laying under the coffee table, cat jumps up on table, realizes the dog is there (the cat always has a look of surprise when he sees the dog -- like he hasn't figured out she's staying? lol), hisses at dog, dog makes the mistake of looking at the cat, cat beats the shit out of dog's nose (cat is declawed). Cat gets yelled at, dog gets pats.

everyone calm down...normally and i say normally cats and dogs will work it out..the fussing is sound and fury. or sound and furry

<---slays me

Why is it you never see any cats around those eating establishments that serve Oriental food?

OH heck...LMAO

My cat got up in my computer chair so I spun him around and the cat loves it.

OH heck...LMAO

My cat got up in my computer chair so I spun him around and the cat loves it.

I miss my cats ... they use to sit on my lap when I was on the computer, after a long night of scrubbing the kitchen and cooking fast food ... it was the most relaxing thing in the world for me. Programming away petting the cats ... *les sigh* I hate living in the big city more everyday.

KK why not get another cat?

None of the affordable apartments in this now lame city allow pets of any kind. It's stupid, unless they are service animals ... thinking of going back on Social Security long enough to get that. But really, thinking of moving down to Tucson again, Seattle is no longer the city I grew up in, but Tucson is just like Seattle use to be.

Well good luck to you but if you're going to move, you might want to do more homework of where and ask yourself just why stay on the west coast.

I've lived in many states and there are only a few states right now I wish to live in and the one I'm in now..is not one of them.

Well good luck to you but if you're going to move, you might want to do more homework of where and ask yourself just why stay on the west coast.

I've lived in many states and there are only a few states right now I wish to live in and the one I'm in now..is not one of them.

I have traveled across the country and lived in many states from 18 to 27 years of age. Lived in Indianapolis even, Covington Louisiana (just north of New Orleans), a few cities in Montana, Durango Colorado, for at least a year each, Tucson for a total of almost 3 or 4 years. The weather in Tucson I liked the best, my arthritis liked it to, and the people were kind of cool, very laid back.

cats: kitty litter...i have a box for each cat. (3)..i use a clumpable litter...fresh paws...i use to use the corn litter but it just went skyhigh in price....nearly 9 bucks a bag. da man will not do the kitty litter...easter egg hunt. so i get to clean them all.

toys: o hell i went out and got tiff some toys....she has played with an ink pin and a empty pill bottle all day...ignores them toys except for the red beam light. she loves that...

water: why do cats like my water with ice better than their water with ice?

greenies: kitty crack.
Your cat should meet my cat.
My cat is an evil bitch but I love her, I will be petting her and she will bite my hand, my son will sit on her and pull her tail but she will just swat him, mind you she is de clawed.
And if you have a ponytail you are screwed.

OH I see, in that case good choice! I loved Montana when I lived there too.

OH I see, in that case good choice! I loved Montana when I lived there too.

Winter was too harsh. I kinda liked Colorado, but it was too expensive to live there. Though once I finally figure out where I want to live the rest of my life I will likely just take on all the work I can, which means I could live anywhere with my rep. But starting off in a new city is always hard, so cheaper is better.

Forum List

Back