Lets take a look at YET ANOTHER anti-american radical that Obama has appointed:

So, it would appear that, in a way, we are both right.

Apparently Jones' non-profit firm is in fact a member of the Alliance, but Jones himself does not sit on the board or the streering committee, either in New York State or nationally.

I wonder if he did in the past, and no longer does? Your first link was dated 2007.

The first link popped up a map of the A.A. in the U.S. and if you clicked on the NY dot, it brought up:

Apollo Alliance
Jeff Jones, Director
c/o Environmental Advocates, New York

The second link was from 2007

The third link was from April, 2009 and listed him as the Director of the NYS A.A.

I think the A.A. gave you a snow job.

His firm is a member of the A.A. Jones is a big deal, he has an extremely radical past and the A.A. was involved with the stim bill. And all of this begs the question, why does this administration surround itself with so many radical people and organizations?

And hey, I've been stepping up to the plate . . . you just haven't been paying attention. :tongue:

Hopey Changey himself was indoctrinated & trained by the worst of the worst when it comes to radical Leftist Anti-Americanism. None of this stuff should surprise anyone. Who sits in a "Church" for 20yrs and listens to such vial hate & racism and doesn't support such views? Didn't buy his B.S. explanations during the Election and i'm still not buying them.

The first link popped up a map of the A.A. in the U.S. and if you clicked on the NY dot, it brought up:

Apollo Alliance
Jeff Jones, Director

The third link was from April, 2009 and listed him as the Director of the NYS A.A.

His firm is a member of the A.A. Jones is a big deal, he has an extremely radical past and the A.A. was involved with the stim bill. And all of this begs the question, why does this administration surround itself with so many radical people and organizations?

And hey, I've been stepping up to the plate . . . you just haven't been paying attention. :tongue:

Alright, I will accept that as a plausible argument. However, even if he was, how does that make him someone "the administration surrounds themselves with"? Or "the person who wrote the Stimulus Bill", as Glenn Beck infers?

It's quite possible that as the director of just the New York State chapter of a large organization, that happened to have a hand in advising congress on Green Industry for the writing of the stimulus bill, Jeff Jones has never even had contact with Mr Obama at all.

In fact, the only example of any kind of association to Mr Obama himself that has been linked is Jeff Jones' dissapointment with the resignation of Van Jones from his advisory position as "Green Czar".

Last edited:
Can't even look at the video and see the connections? Beck's just putting it all in one place . . . yet all anyone can do is call him a loon . . . and ignore the dots. I cannot believe more people aren't outraged that so many radical people are tied to this administration.

That would mean admitting they were wrong. Libs don't do that (therefore they can never learn from their mistakes and are doomed, doomed to keep repeating them).
That is why they call names, they don't have to think of a reasonable arguement if the person they are "telling" some ideal that doesn't work.

Can't even look at the video and see the connections? Beck's just putting it all in one place . . . yet all anyone can do is call him a loon . . . and ignore the dots. I cannot believe more people aren't outraged that so many radical people are tied to this administration.

That would mean admitting they were wrong. Libs don't do that (therefore they can never learn from their mistakes and are doomed, doomed to keep repeating them).
That is why they call names, they don't have to think of a reasonable arguement if the person they are "telling" some ideal that doesn't work.

Republican talking heads have a long history of stringing together many half-lies and outright falsehoods to create a narrative that seems plausible to their supporters. Glenn Beck is a master at this type of propaganda.

A narrative like this is the reason why we invaded Iraq, and the reason why John Kerry and Max Cleland, two war heroes, were painted as traitors for large segments of the population.

This thread is part of one such narrative.

There is in fact no connection at all between Jeff Jones and Mr Obama proven by either Mr Beck or this thread.

And as far as the name-calling goes, I am usually the one being personally attacked on threads I participate in, and when I call people on it, they usually respond with more personal insults, while I hold up my part of the argument in a logical manner.

Not that I care about people insulting me, but as far as the point you were making goes, it's an answer.

That's the same video I watched that was posted earlier in the thread.

I'm still trying to figure out what position Mr. Jones was appointed to by Obama.

Got an answer?

I gave you answer, an important enough post that he got to write the stimulus and healtchare bills. that important enough to suit you?

No, it's not. For starters of I haven't seen evidence that Van Jones wrote the stimulus and healthcare bills. Surely you can come up with something that says something along the lines of "today the Obama Administration appointed JeffJones to be the ______________________."

We do not know what influence the Apollo Alliance, and the chairman Jeff Jones, has had over the president, but we do know that they played a major role in writing the pork filled stimulus bill. The proof comes from the mouth of no other than Sen. Harry Reid, the Senate Majority Leader. Reid said, “This legislation is the first step in building a clean energy economy that creates jobs…The Apollo Alliance has been an important factor in helping us develop and execute a strategy that makes great progress on these goals and in motivating the public to support them.” (Translation: Congress does not even write the bills that they do not read before passage. The contract it out to special interest groups.)

“Today, I am using the organizational skills and insights I learned from those movements in my work as a consultant for environmental and labor groups. One is the New York State Apollo Alliance, an affiliate of National Apollo. Apollo is working toward a goal that is simple and straight-forward: create good jobs for working people in the new clean-energy economy. That is a goal I support, and work I continue to do.”

Jones is using the same contacts and organizing skills he learned from Saul Alinski, author of “Rules for Radicals,” and from his involvement with the Weather Underground, and has never disavowed his use of violence.

The Apollo Alliance is a progressive, George Soros-funded, extreme left-wing organization.

.:[ ajsbsd.net ]:. » Blog Archive » GOVERNMENT FUNDED CORRUPTION — The Apollo Alliance & Jeff Jones

I know nothing about the source. I'll take no credit nor blame, but I thought it was relevent.

Hopey Changey himself is a radical Anti-American Leftist "Community Organizer" so why wouldn't he appoint his fellow Anti-American Leftist loons? He was trained and indoctrinated by the most vile Anti-American Leftist creeps on this earth. You don't sit in that kind of "Church" for 20yrs and not agree with the hateful agenda being preached there. It is very sad but it is what it is in the end. :(

We do not know what influence the Apollo Alliance, and the chairman Jeff Jones, has had over the president, but we do know that they played a major role in writing the pork filled stimulus bill. The proof comes from the mouth of no other than Sen. Harry Reid, the Senate Majority Leader. Reid said, “This legislation is the first step in building a clean energy economy that creates jobs…The Apollo Alliance has been an important factor in helping us develop and execute a strategy that makes great progress on these goals and in motivating the public to support them.” (Translation: Congress does not even write the bills that they do not read before passage. The contract it out to special interest groups.)

“Today, I am using the organizational skills and insights I learned from those movements in my work as a consultant for environmental and labor groups. One is the New York State Apollo Alliance, an affiliate of National Apollo. Apollo is working toward a goal that is simple and straight-forward: create good jobs for working people in the new clean-energy economy. That is a goal I support, and work I continue to do.”

Jones is using the same contacts and organizing skills he learned from Saul Alinski, author of “Rules for Radicals,” and from his involvement with the Weather Underground, and has never disavowed his use of violence.

The Apollo Alliance is a progressive, George Soros-funded, extreme left-wing organization.

.:[ ajsbsd.net ]:. » Blog Archive » GOVERNMENT FUNDED CORRUPTION — The Apollo Alliance & Jeff Jones

I know nothing about the source. I'll take no credit nor blame, but I thought it was relevent.

Relevant, but obviously HIGHLY biased, filled with unverifiable links from one point to the next.

Any opinion piece that makes it's own "translations" and then attempts to tie it all in with George Soros, its obviously a whack-job blog of some sort.

Last edited:

Apollo Alliance
Jeff Jones, Director

Alright, I will accept that as a plausible argument. However, even if he was, how does that make him someone "the administration surrounds themselves with"? Or "the person who wrote the Stimulus Bill", as Glenn Beck infers?

It's quite possible that as the director of just the New York State chapter of a large organization, that happened to have a hand in advising congress on Green Industry for the writing of the stimulus bill, Jeff Jones has never even had contact with Mr Obama at all.

In fact, the only example of any kind of association to Mr Obama himself that has been linked is Jeff Jones' dissapointment with the resignation of Van Jones from his advisory position as "Green Czar".

Beck is just 'connecting the dots'. Jeff Jones - radical extraordinaire - consults or is the director for A.A. who had a direct hand in writing the stim bill. Obama's stim bill. Considering Jones' radicalism, his beliefs, his past actions . . . it's no stretch to see that he likely had some involvement in the stim bill. Did Beck embelish? I don't know but there is no denying that Jeff Jones is in the 'circle' of organizations that surround this president. There's the connection and he's one of many radical people and/or organizations that are surrounding this administration. Do you think Obama is unaware of all of this or that this is all just a coincidence? Not a chance.

I know you don't like Beck; I get it. Just look at the videos (they're 10 minutes or so) and just look at the connections. Turn down the sound if you have to. I just don't know how anyone can see all of this and not ask questions. Just the fact that Obama selected Van Jones as the green czar. This guy is as freakin radical as they come. Doesn't that bother you that this guy was (and I believe still is) whispering in Obama's ear? Not that I think Obama needs much convincing on things radical.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fukhVm7nSwQ]YouTube - Glenn Beck - Tree Of Revolution[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElHNLKPdMh0]YouTube - Glenn Beck - Tree of Revolution 9/18/09 Part 2/5[/ame]

This site has all five videos, watch the first two. On the first one go to minute 6 and take it from there.

In Case You Missed It: Soros Connection To Tides Foudation/HCAN and Their Ties To Apollo, ACORN, and the SEIU « Romanticpoet’s Weblog

Their excuse is 'Beck is a loon and therefore I won't watch anything by him'. It's nothing but an excuse. I'd love for some of them to actually go watch the videos posted all over here. Ignore the Beck factor for five minutes at look at what is out there. The connections are impossible not to see. And Willow you're right . . . if people are ok with it all then those people are ok with marxism, communism, whatever 'ism' you want to call it. It's more government control and less personal choice. That's what this is about . . .

Then why has NO ONE ELSE provided any of these so-called connections? An expansion of what Beck alleges? Every Google link is a carbon copy of Blech's Bullshit with added opinionated commentary only.

Good question. Why has the MSM completely ignored all of this?

Because there's nothing to investigate? You DO need solid evidence rather than just suspicions, you know. But I also see nothing by any of the high profile right-wing news outlets like the Washington Times, New York Post, Wall Street Journal either.

People just need to understand that it's all about the payback at this point. Hopey Changey's "Community Organizer" brethren went out there and rigged the last election and got him elected. Now he is simply paying them all back with jobs and more tax funding. It's all about the payback folks. Nothing more nothing less. :(

don't know but there is no denying that Jeff Jones is in the 'circle' of organizations that surround this president.

See, but here's the issue. If the "Circle" "Surrounds" the president, but is like 6 "circles" away from the President, that is not a connection to the President.

That's like saying FoxNews is connected to Fidel Castro, because Nutella advertises on Fox, and Castro eats Nutella.

Or like saying I must be in a conspiracy with Vladimir Putin because Putin is my sister's roomate's dog's former owner's cousin.

Last edited:
don't know but there is no denying that Jeff Jones is in the 'circle' of organizations that surround this president.

See, but here's the issue. If the "Circle" "Surrounds" the president, but is like 6 "circles" away from the President, that is not a connection to the President.

Yes, they're clever that way. If you're not going to bother to watch the videos - where it has all been explained - I'm not about to go into the details here. Sorry, you'll just have to watch or keep on denying.

I got it from this post:

I'll try to give the videos a look-see but if I can't take more than 5 minutes of Olbermann then I assure you it will be a tough time dealing with hour of glennbeck.

Don't bother to read the lengthy offering from RomanticPoet either. There is only ONE reference to Apollo Alliance and that is George Soros invests in it. Some connection, eh? The rest of it is a cherry-picked tear down of George Soros in general.

The info on the RomanticPoet site is taken from the Apollo Alliance's website. I provided that link in another post on here. I provided the RP link because of information further down the page. Must I continue to point the obvious out to you?

You should scrutinize your own posted material better. The first TWO PARAGRAPHS come from Apollo which says little to confirm Bech's assumptions other than Apollo contributed statistical information which it had been gathering for years. Like, so what? The rest begins with the blog opinionator, starting with Bech's little demo.

Romanticpoet’s Weblog
Just another WordPress.com weblogApollo Alliance Writing Legislation? Stimulus Bill, Cap and Trade Bill, Healthcare Bill? America Needs To Know!

UPDATE! 8/4/09 The Apollo Alliance has now ADMITTED that they wrote the Stimulus Bill AND the Cap and Trade Bill. It will only be a matter of time before America learns THEY wrote the Healthcare Bill too!

Here is the ONLY part that can be attributed to Apollo Alliance:

Apollo Weekly Update, 2/20/09: Clean Energy Breakthrough in Stimulus, Next Steps
By: Keith Schneider
Date: 2/20/2009

While the clean energy focus of the stimulus was inspired by the Apollo’s vision, the specific content of many of the bill’s provision was influenced by policy proposals that the Apollo Alliance made last year in The New Apollo Program and the Apollo Economic Recovery Act. “The recovery bill represents the focused work of labor, business, environmental and social justice organizations who developed a clear strategy about where the nation needed to go, and worked together to achieve it,” said Phil Angelides, former California treasurer and chairman of the Apollo Alliance.

As Senator Harry Reid, the Senate Majority Leader, noted in a statement. “We’ve talked about moving forward on these ideas for decades. The Apollo Alliance has been an important factor in helping us develop and execute a strategy that makes great progress on these goals and in motivating the public to support them.”

Yes, they're clever that way. If you're not going to bother to watch the videos - where it has all been explained - I'm not about to go into the details here. Sorry, you'll just have to watch or keep on denying.

I did watch the video, concerning Jeff Jones, the person this thread is about, and there is no direct connection, just a series of linking one thing to another.

That is what Glenn does best.

If you have another specific example that you would like to discuss, let's discuss it.

Watching these clips piece-meal can be confusing, try from the beginning. You cannot miss all the connections of radical people and radical organizations to this administration. Does anyone really think 'fundamentally changing America' happens overnight or walks up and just announces itself?

In Case You Missed It: Soros Connection To Tides Foudation/HCAN and Their Ties To Apollo, ACORN, and the SEIU « Romanticpoet’s Weblog

Jeezus, unfucking believable. That inexcusably biased BLOGSITE is the most cherry-picked bullshit about George Soros I've ever seen. Nice going, boink, but nevertheless it fails to tie Soros directly to policy making. He INVESTS in Apollo, just as hundreds of others do. An example of "Romantic Poet's" lies? "Obama’s largesse towards Brazil, came shortly after Soros invested heavily in Brazilian oil (Petrobras)." The US government, and in particular Barack Obama, played no part in awarding that contract.

Where did Texas oil barons like T. Boone Pickens invest their money before alternative energy projects became more popular? George Soros invests in ANYTHING that looks as if it will be profitable, just as "conservative" right-wing billionnaire investors do.

What's the expression you people like to use? Oh yeah, YOU FAIL!!

You twit. I posted that link because it has all five parts of Beck's 'connect the dots' shows on it. I didn't even click on the link you obviously did and I don't read that blog. It was merely convenient to have a link w/all five shows on it, rather than posting all five youtube links on here. Maggie, do everyone a favor. If you're going to come into the end of a thread and start posting try reading the entire thread first so you don't look like an ass.

I did read it all, that's the problem. :lol: If you didn't want me to, you should have posted ALL the YouTubes. And I did read all the thread contributions, and I do know the difference between your politics and my own. You would rather believe Glenn Beck than your own mother probably (you know, the one who might have told you to cover your ass before you start making wild accusations).

For instance, in another of Glenn's shows that I was forced to watch on this board recently, Glenn and an expert pointed out the large numbers of the national debt, showed a lot of charts with debt numbers, and then made the following leap:

Glenn: "But why are "they" creating this debt"
"Expert": "To increase the power of the Executive Branch over the other branches."

Glenn then agreed.

The so-called "expert" was a FoxBusiness channel correspondent.

They gave no explanation for this apparent intuitive leap, they just basically stated that the national debt was in fact a plot by the Obama administration to turn the government into a totalitarian state.

Now they, and lots of bloggers will repeat this as an "accepted truth" as "proved" on his show.

You see how that works? Beck presents a series of unrelated data, and then pretends said data is "proof" of his crazy-assed theories.

Last edited:
Which proves that at some point the Apollo Alliance was a CLIENT of Jeff Jones consulting.

That does not make Jeff Jones a MEMBER, now does it?

Oh but he IS. Click on the NY dot.

State & Local : Apollo Alliance

Go to page 4:

http://manycitizens.org/diyFiles/west_apollo_agendainvite.pdf

And this from April of this year:

Model legislation calls for green jobs in New York State – Press Releases on CSRwire.com

Interesting that I had to do some digging for this, rather than just going to the Apollo Alliance website and find him there. Did they take his name off that site (or do I just suck at site searching) because Beck exposed him? Things that make you go 'hmmmmm'.

So this extraordinarily radical Jones is the Director of the NYS A.A. The same A.A. whose 'assistance and support' helped form the stimulus bill.

Apollo Weekly Update, 1/30/09: Obama’s Clean Energy Start, Commendations From Pelosi, Stimulus Passes House : Apollo Alliance

See, now this is a good argument. Finally someone steps up to the plate!

So, this made me real curious, so I just got off the phone with the New York State chapter of the Apollo Alliance, and this is what they said, and I quote:

Jeff Jones is a constulant, who does not work for the Apollo Alliance, but has helped co-ordinate the New York State Apollo Alliance in his role as a consultant.

End Quote.

Honestly, I don't know what this means, but it does not seem to indicate that the man was director of the New York State chapter of the Apollo Alliance.

Amen, and to that I would say SO WHAT? Isn't it the Beckians who are constantly whining that this is a FREE COUNTRY? (Like, duh...) The man has a right to membership in any organization he wants. If Jeff Jones was a Mormon, would that automatically make the Church of Latter-Day Saints suspected of criminal or subversive activities?

Don't bother to read the lengthy offering from RomanticPoet either. There is only ONE reference to Apollo Alliance and that is George Soros invests in it. Some connection, eh? The rest of it is a cherry-picked tear down of George Soros in general.

The info on the RomanticPoet site is taken from the Apollo Alliance's website. I provided that link in another post on here. I provided the RP link because of information further down the page. Must I continue to point the obvious out to you?

You should scrutinize your own posted material better. The first TWO PARAGRAPHS come from Apollo which says little to confirm Bech's assumptions other than Apollo contributed statistical information which it had been gathering for years. Like, so what? The rest begins with the blog opinionator, starting with Bech's little demo.

Romanticpoet’s Weblog
Just another WordPress.com weblogApollo Alliance Writing Legislation? Stimulus Bill, Cap and Trade Bill, Healthcare Bill? America Needs To Know!

UPDATE! 8/4/09 The Apollo Alliance has now ADMITTED that they wrote the Stimulus Bill AND the Cap and Trade Bill. It will only be a matter of time before America learns THEY wrote the Healthcare Bill too!

Here is the ONLY part that can be attributed to Apollo Alliance:

Apollo Weekly Update, 2/20/09: Clean Energy Breakthrough in Stimulus, Next Steps
By: Keith Schneider
Date: 2/20/2009

While the clean energy focus of the stimulus was inspired by the Apollo’s vision, the specific content of many of the bill’s provision was influenced by policy proposals that the Apollo Alliance made last year in The New Apollo Program and the Apollo Economic Recovery Act. “The recovery bill represents the focused work of labor, business, environmental and social justice organizations who developed a clear strategy about where the nation needed to go, and worked together to achieve it,” said Phil Angelides, former California treasurer and chairman of the Apollo Alliance.

As Senator Harry Reid, the Senate Majority Leader, noted in a statement. “We’ve talked about moving forward on these ideas for decades. The Apollo Alliance has been an important factor in helping us develop and execute a strategy that makes great progress on these goals and in motivating the public to support them.”

Yes and all those pesky charts down the page are just pretty pictures.

Forum List

Back