Let's Give the Terrorists Back to the Military to Render Justice

Foxfyre

Eternal optimist
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 11, 2007
Desert Southwest USA
Well now we know how it's gonna go. I say leave them all at Gitmo and try them by military tribunal.

Yesterday Ahmed Gailani – an al-Qaeda terrorist who murdered 224 people, including a dozen Americans, in Tanzania and Kenya - skipped out of a New York courtroom with nothing but property-damage charges sticking to him. He faces a minimum sentence of 20 years, which does not mean he will be in prison until 2030. The Obama Department of Justice is “pleased” with this outcome.

Why? Because of minor technicalities, almost all evidence against this guy had to be thrown out. Evidence that the military would have allowed.

Trying these guys in a civil court is a really bad idea.

Well now we know how it's gonna go. I say leave them all at Gitmo and try them by military tribunal.

Yesterday Ahmed Gailani – an al-Qaeda terrorist who murdered 224 people, including a dozen Americans, in Tanzania and Kenya - skipped out of a New York courtroom with nothing but property-damage charges sticking to him. He faces a minimum sentence of 20 years, which does not mean he will be in prison until 2030. The Obama Department of Justice is “pleased” with this outcome.

Why? Because of minor technicalities, almost all evidence against this guy had to be thrown out. Evidence that the military would have allowed.

Minimum sentence of 20 years. Minimum.

Not very optimistic.

Not very optimistic.

Yup. He'll be eligible for his first parole hearing in what - 2 years? 4 years?

Not very optimistic.

Yup. He'll be eligible for his first parole hearing in what - 2 years? 4 years?

You really think so? Naa I doubt it.

Evidence couldn't be introduced because it was gained through torture. The same would hold true in a military court. What a shame Bush was so anxious to torture.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back