Let's destroy the world, with solar

elektra

Platinum Member
Dec 1, 2013
Jewitt City, Connecticut
Yes, let us destroy the world. Let us destroy what most people never see. The beauty and glory of the Desert. How can one put into words, the sand swept up the rock pushed up from the earth's crust where the plates meet. Rugged jagged rock with sand, swept by the wind, up the slopes of the rocks. Below, the valleys, filled with vegetation. Rugged plants that survive an environment with no water. At times they bloom, some at night feeding nectar to bats. Yes bats can live in a desert. I can go on and on, hiking about, finding a turtle, a horny toad. At night hearing the howling of coyotes who found a rabbit for dinner. During the day, hot as hell, lizards basking on hot rocks. Bizarre prehistoric looking creatures.

But none of this mean a things to those who promote solar, they will destroy the world, claiming they are saving it.

Crooked lying thieving bastards. Advocating to destroy 22,000 square miles of pristine, untouched, desert wildlife habitat.

100 Square Miles of Solar on Public Lands: Esmeralda County, Nevada, Solar Applications​

Esmeralda-Lone-Mtn-March.png

pronghorn-alkali.JPG

I have never seen these so I have not commented on them, it would be nice to see them before Solar kills them all.

Attachments

• pronghorn-alkali.JPG
    pronghorn-alkali.JPG
    207.4 KB · Views: 32
  • Esmeralda-Lone-Mtn-March.png
    Esmeralda-Lone-Mtn-March.png
    320.2 KB · Views: 31
Yes, let us destroy the world. Let us destroy what most people never see. The beauty and glory of the Desert. How can one put into words, the sand swept up the rock pushed up from the earth's crust where the plates meet. Rugged jagged rock with sand, swept by the wind, up the slopes of the rocks. Below, the valleys, filled with vegetation. Rugged plants that survive an environment with no water. At times they bloom, some at night feeding nectar to bats. Yes bats can live in a desert. I can go on and on, hiking about, finding a turtle, a horny toad. At night hearing the howling of coyotes who found a rabbit for dinner. During the day, hot as hell, lizards basking on hot rocks. Bizarre prehistoric looking creatures.

But none of this mean a things to those who promote solar, they will destroy the world, claiming they are saving it.

Crooked lying thieving bastards. Advocating to destroy 22,000 square miles of pristine, untouched, desert wildlife habitat.

100 Square Miles of Solar on Public Lands: Esmeralda County, Nevada, Solar Applications​

View attachment 538417
View attachment 538420
I have never seen these so I have not commented on them, it would be nice to see them before Solar kills them all.
192994927db16688126d0aee103643b4.jpg

Basin and Range Watch toured the area today along with filmmaker Justin McAffee, despite the heavy smoke flowing from the Caldor Fire and other California wildfires--which raises the question: with so many hundreds of thousands of acres of Sierran and Cascade habitats going up in flames, do we need to destroy more desert habitat for industrial energy projects, when solar panels can very easily go on already-disturbed lands, and onto rooftops and over parking lots? With climate change looming, we need to preserve every last acre of intact, healthy native plant communities and wildlife habitat, including these undisturbed Nevada basins.
Basin and Range Watch

View attachment 538417
View attachment 538420
When the dust settles in the evening and the Solar Panels start accumulating that dust, what will be the energy output when 3 inches of dirt covers them? I saw this in Fresno Californication when the solar farms there would be covered. I asked someone when the panels are cleaned, in which the reply was "when it rained". I again asked, "when does it rain", the reply "February". So one month the panels are cleaned, then the next 11 months the output goes to shit. But hey, those who own the solar panel corporations stock, will make out like a bandit. Guess who has lots of solar panel stock.

View attachment 538417
View attachment 538420
But trashing ANWR would be just fine, right?

You will need ANWR to produce the chemicals 22,000 square miles of Solar Panels demand.

But hey, ANWR is less than one square mile of damage compared to 22,000 so who is right? If ANWR is your argument, you lost.
ANWR is more than 30 thousand square miles, dumb ass.

no oil well in the world covers more than a couple of acres, and again, if you build solar you need anwr for the chemicals consumed manufacturing polysilicon

No where in the world has drilling for oil destroyed 30,000 sq miles.
So why do nut bags have wet dreams over opening all of it up to drilling?

So why do nut bags have wet dreams over opening all of it up to drilling?
Because they are simply ignorant activists. Politicians are in the pocket of big oil, which is mostly foreign government.

And I am not naive or partisan, I know many of the Republicans go along so that they can reap awards from their power or simply to retain their power.

A

no oil well in the world covers more than a couple of acres, and again, if you build solar you need anwr for the chemicals consumed manufacturing polysilicon

No where in the world has drilling for oil destroyed 30,000 sq miles.
How much land has been effectively destroyed for life by the oil spills that have happened all over the world?

View attachment 538417
View attachment 538420
Well, the alternative is covering agricultural land, which is a good idea.

When the dust settles in the evening and the Solar Panels start accumulating that dust, what will be the energy output when 3 inches of dirt covers them? I saw this in Fresno Californication when the solar farms there would be covered. I asked someone when the panels are cleaned, in which the reply was "when it rained". I again asked, "when does it rain", the reply "February". So one month the panels are cleaned, then the next 11 months the output goes to shit. But hey, those who own the solar panel corporations stock, will make out like a bandit. Guess who has lots of solar panel stock.

How is it that other countries have had such success without destroying the environment?

Because they are simply ignorant activists. Politicians are in the pocket of big oil, which is mostly foreign government.

And I am not naive or partisan, I know many of the Republicans go along so that they can reap awards from their power or simply to retain their power.

You sure are an ignorant drama queen. Where do you live in the desert?

OIP.goA8I-Oq24Ro2OqPPf3RgwHaEy

You sure are an ignorant drama queen. Where do you live in the desert?
Ignorant, yet I reply with facts and you can only attempt to insult and you offer only opinion.

I have lived in 29 palms. I have visited palm springs a hundred times.

I have also worked at geothermal plants in calipatria for months.

I have also done work as an electrical Power Research Institute analyst in Trona.

How about you, we're are you in the desert.

Ignorant, yet I reply with facts and you can only attempt to insult and you offer only opinion.

I have lived in 29 palms. I have visited palm springs a hundred times.

I have also worked at geothermal plants in calipatria for months.

I have also done work as an electrical Power Research Institute analyst in Trona.

How about you, we're are you in the desert.

I've lived in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Libya.

I've lived in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Libya.
so then, you should know, that if you cover thousands of acres of desert, that land becomes dead, no life lives on it.

You should also know that in an already hot environment, thousands of acres of solar panels also raises the temperature, the very thing you claim you want to lower

how is it that you are ignorant to these facts

so then, you should know, that if you cover thousands of acres of desert, that land becomes dead, no life lives on it.

You should also know that in an already hot environment, thousands of acres of solar panels also raises the temperature, the very thing you claim you want to lower

how is it that you are ignorant to these facts

They don't need thousands of acres of solar panels and from what I have seen there's been no environmental consequences.

They don't need thousands of acres of solar panels and from what I have seen there's been no environmental consequences.
If you BELIEVE, they dont need thousands of acres, you have never seen a large scale solar project, and if you dont "BELIEVE", it is your opinion there are no environmental consequences.

7600 acres is what Saudi Arabia has proposed for one solar project. No environmental consequences that you have seen? You should of kept you comment shorter, cause it is pretty easy to say, you have not seen Shit!

Forum List

Back