Let's clear a few things up about the Indiana Religious Freedom Law

"Let's clear a few things up about the Indiana Religious Freedom Law"

The governor of Arkansas not signing similar legislation has made the issue perfectly clear.

Riiiiight. It's confusing when someone in power disagrees with you, and perfectly clear when they agree.

Certainly makes SOMETHING clear, but I don't think it's what you thought it was.

You know this is way, way passed 1993? Right? You know that?

Really? You mean we are living in an entirely different political climate? Huh. Who knew.
For sure it's different.
In 1993 Democrats cared about people's religious rights. Today, they only have contempt for them.
All of this should be unncecessary. In the past an org like Little Sisters or Hobby Lobby would have applied for a waiver from federal law on religious grounds and gotten it as a matter of course. But in the Obama Admnistration religion, which is protected under the 1A, is subservient to rradical feminism and radical gays, so they turned them down. That's why we're having this war.
War?
I suppose it feels like a war to those Christians who feel the need to repeatedly inject their faith into public policy and get smacked down every time.

Well, the assumption that only one group is forbidden from affecting public policy based on what they believe to be right and wrong, while everyone else is given a pass, would basically BE a war on that group.

Who are you to tell me which of my beliefs I'm allowed to base my political activism on and which I'm not, simply because you don't happen to like the motivation for them?

This is far too advanced a concept for the anti-Christian crowd to grasp.

That's their problem, not mine. If their heads implode, that just means fewer idiots for me to tolerate.

Or just keep their religion at church or at home and off of others. : )

And why should we keep our religion confined to home and church? Do you know what the First Amendment is? What gives you the right to determine where and when we can practice our faith, hmm?
love that false dilemma shit ......
if businesses provide a public accommodation their religious beliefs cannot in fringe on this:
Public accommodations
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
Within US law, public accommodations are generally defined as entities, both public and private, that are used by the public. Examples include retail stores, rental establishments and service establishments, as well as educational institutions, recreational facilities and service centers. Private clubs and religious institutions were exempt. However, in 1984, the United States Supreme Court declared the previously all-male Junior Chamber International, a chamber of Commerce organization for persons between the ages of eighteen and thirty-six, to be a public accommodation, which compelled the admission of women into the ranks.[1]

Under United States federal law, public accommodations must be handicap-accessible and must not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, or national origin.[2][3] The US states, in various non-uniform laws, also provide for non-discrimination in public accommodation.
those laws superseded any religious convictions...

Indiana lawmakers OK changes to religious objections law
Indiana lawmakers OK changes to religious objections law - Yahoo News

"The amendment to the Religious Freedom Restoration Act approved Thursday by both chambers prohibits service providers from using the law as a legal defense for refusing to provide services, goods, facilities or accommodations. It also bars discrimination based on factors that include race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or United States military service."

Happy days. Say goodbye to the Pizza Bigot's right to not cater gay weddings, they just lost it.

Or just keep their religion at church or at home and off of others. : )

And why should we keep our religion confined to home and church? Do you know what the First Amendment is? What gives you the right to determine where and when we can practice our faith, hmm?

You are free to express your faith in any way you wish. Just don't be surprised and angry when you push your faith and get pushback.

I wouldn't have it any other way.
right !

The governor of Arkansas not signing similar legislation has made the issue perfectly clear.

Riiiiight. It's confusing when someone in power disagrees with you, and perfectly clear when they agree.

Certainly makes SOMETHING clear, but I don't think it's what you thought it was.
odd, the governor and C_Clayton_Jones are on the same page.
the point is now moot, the Indiana law has been changed.

Really? You mean we are living in an entirely different political climate? Huh. Who knew.
For sure it's different.
In 1993 Democrats cared about people's religious rights. Today, they only have contempt for them.
All of this should be unncecessary. In the past an org like Little Sisters or Hobby Lobby would have applied for a waiver from federal law on religious grounds and gotten it as a matter of course. But in the Obama Admnistration religion, which is protected under the 1A, is subservient to rradical feminism and radical gays, so they turned them down. That's why we're having this war.
War?
I suppose it feels like a war to those Christians who feel the need to repeatedly inject their faith into public policy and get smacked down every time.

Well, the assumption that only one group is forbidden from affecting public policy based on what they believe to be right and wrong, while everyone else is given a pass, would basically BE a war on that group.

Who are you to tell me which of my beliefs I'm allowed to base my political activism on and which I'm not, simply because you don't happen to like the motivation for them?

This is far too advanced a concept for the anti-Christian crowd to grasp.

That's their problem, not mine. If their heads implode, that just means fewer idiots for me to tolerate.
two fantasies for one low price...

try watching the news, the odd thing is I saw it on fox..

So you can't name who made the reports, or how the information was substantiated.

Typical low information, lying hack.
you can look it up yourself ...but that would mean you have to admit I'm right .

"I made the assertion, now it's YOUR job to prove me right! I've done MY part!"

Piss off.
wrong I'm under no obligation to prove my assertion, it's on the plaintiff to disprove it.

Sorry, Sparkles, but by definition, if you make an assertion, YOU are the plaintiff . . . inasmuch as there is any such thing when this is a conversation, not a court of law, dumbass.

Furthermore, it is ALWAYS your job to prove, not other people's job to disprove while you just throw out blank assertions. If you want to believe otherwise, go ahead, but don't be surprised when everyone just starts dismissing you as a lightweight . . . even more than we do now.
is this the fantasy we or the appeal to the ignorant masses we?
either way, what you and the we "think" is laughable

Last edited:
You know this is way, way passed 1993? Right? You know that?

For sure it's different.
War?
being Christian would no fun if you didn't feel the need to be persecuted whether real or imagined in this case imagined.

One could say the same thing about being leftist.
sure they could but that would be patently false ...

I suppose it feels like war to those who find it necessary to trump someone's faith with their own lifestyle/genetic predisposition.

It will always be a one sided proposition. So, I guess Christians need to stop going into business for themselves, stay quiet, and go into relative obscurity like they should, right?

I'm thinking they'd really like for us all to segregate ourselves off onto special reservations, kind of a voluntary version of what the US did to American aborigines in the 18th and 19th centuries.

With the behavior that's going on now against the Christian community, people such as Hutch will "awaken a sleeping giant" as it were.
bahahahahahahah!

And the Indiana state legislature has also made the issue perfectly clear:

“The amendment to the Religious Freedom Restoration Act approved Thursday by both chambers prohibits service providers from using the law as a legal defense for refusing to provide services, goods, facilities or accommodations. It also bars discrimination based on factors that include race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or United States military service.”

Wow!
A lot of anger this afternoon. You might think that some are angry that they lost something. Adding language barring discrimination shouldn't change anything if it never allowed it in the first place.

Wow!
A lot of anger this afternoon. You might think that some are angry that they lost something. Adding language barring discrimination shouldn't change anything if it never allowed it in the first place.
it's the spoiled brat syndrome, it's a shock after millenniums (pun intended) of doing what they want to whomever they want, under the guise of religious freedom .
they have now been taken in hand .
tantrums are to be expected.

Indiana lawmakers OK changes to religious objections law

"The amendment to the Religious Freedom Restoration Act approved Thursday by both chambers prohibits service providers from using the law as a legal defense for refusing to provide services, goods, facilities or accommodations. It also bars discrimination based on factors that include race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or United States military service."

Happy days. Say goodbye to the Pizza Bigot's right to not cater gay weddings, they just lost it.

A recomPENCE of sorts.

Waiting for the devoutly religious to go to court to claim special status as a minority and requesting opposition to their beliefs as a hate crime.

Pizza folks are getting death threats.
Could be interesting.

Forum List

Back