Let's celebrate the death of unions!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by skeptic, Mar 12, 2011.

1. skeptic

skeptic BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Beginning of course with the death of the NFL players union!

I know you Teaparty types are tickled pink about this!

A-fkn-men! This is the kind of change that the republican party is all about! Those pampered, overpaid deadbeats who call themselves "the players" are paid far more than teachers and state employees with real jobs.

Let's all unite in solidarity to crush "the players" and force them to play the game for a simple living wage, and make them cover their own benefits. YEAH!

Enough of these crybabies trying to extort us fans for millions and billions of dollars during a recession! I think we can count on a lot of back door support from the Koch bros on this one, buddy!

2. gekaap

gekaap BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Actually, I find the development over the NFL issue rather disappointing. The players all had agreed upon business agreements regarding the way they would be compensated. The league decided it wanted to change that so that it wouldn't have to pay as much as it promised. I don't find that appropriate. No doubt football players make tons of money. But the league should be willing to live up to its agreements.

3. Midnight Marauder

Midnight Marauder BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    Are you just uninformed? Is it intentional?

The NFLPA de-certified on its own, to allow the players to sue the NFL as class action participants. They could not do that if represented by a union, due to federal law.

It will re-certify as soon as a agreement is reached. It's not gone, and it's not going away.

4. Midnight Marauder

Midnight Marauder BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    Actually, the NFL opted out of the CB agreement in 2008, exercising their option to do so. The main issues are, 2 more games for regular season, and the salary cap. Many owners do not want the cap. The players oppose two more games, and want the cap. Secondary issues are the distribution of funds from future TV and cable agreements, and long term care and pension for retired players.

The NFL didn't cut anyone's pay, and isn't trying to do so.

5. gekaap

gekaap BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +135
    The "distribution of funds" is what I'm talking about. I don't have a full low-down on the entire thing, and I really don't mean to imply that this is the only or most pressing issue, but as I understand the league wants to skim a billion dollars off of what it was suppose to share with players. I just kinda have focused on that particular point, because I find it unjust to change the prior agreement to the players' detriment, all while wanting to increase the length of the season.

6. Sheldon

Sheldon Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,330

Satire. Clearly.

7. 8537

8537 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +729
    NFL Owners and Gov Walker should get together for strategy sessions. NFL owners say "Starting next year, We're keeping 2B before we start the revenue split!"

Then act like they are being generous when they say, "OK, we'll only take a billion!".

IN other words, the players were going to get totally screwed and now they would only get mostly screwed. Players should tell 'em to Fuck off and reorganize under the same labor units, playing college stadiums next year. Weakest union in sports.

8. JFK_USA

JFK_USA Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +725
    WOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah oh yeah. Unions died!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Johnny, lets tell America what they won.

(Johnny)

Well JFK_USA, they have won a nice package.

Instead of this nice two story house:

[​IMG]

They get a BRAND NEW SLUM!!!!

[​IMG]

Equipped with no running water, goats and enough Maleria to kill 10,000 people.

AND THATS NOT ALL

Instead of this nice fancy car:

[​IMG]

you get something better, an old bike:

[​IMG]

Equiped with rusted chain and bike pedals. PAinted with Lead paint because who cares about our exposure to our kids to toxic lead paint, its cheap.

LAST BUT CERTAINLY NOT LEAST

FAMINE:

[​IMG]

Now with republicans, you won't get that daily or weekly meal. You get FREEDOM, except to earn a living, be healthy and any rights beyond that because you have no money because lets face it, the rich are just so awesome.

And there you have it folks, enjoy your new America Republicans, you earned it:cuckoo:

9. skeptic

skeptic BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Then so should the states! I am sure you are 100% behind the Wisconsin public employees unions!

10. skeptic

skeptic BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23
    The teaparty and the Koch bros are gonna be shattered if you tell them that.....They were so counting on destroying unions......