Lets Call This Anything but Privilege: Stanford swimmer gets jailed only 6 months for rape

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
brock-turner.jpg

Santa Clara County Superior Court Judge Aaron Persky said in handing down the punishment that a longer sentence would have a "severe impact" on Turner.

Sex assault victim to ex-Stanford swimmer: "Assault is not an accident" - CBS News

If I were that girl's father and beat the shit out of that guy, I'd get longer than 6 months. What a joke of a sentence.

I agree that six months is not much of a sentence. Still, he will have to carry around the SEX OFFENDER title for the rest of his life. That's sure to put a damper on his future opportunities even with "white privilege".

"This is not a story of another drunk college hookup with poor decision making. "

Actually, that sounds exactly like what it was.

I agree that six months is not much of a sentence. Still, he will have to carry around the SEX OFFENDER title for the rest of his life. That's sure to put a damper on his future opportunities even with "white privilege".
Depends on who his family knows. I've worked with plenty of white guys that have jobs just because they were family or friends of the owner.

Depends on who his family knows. I've worked with plenty of white guys that have jobs just because they were family or friends of the owner.
Who hasn't? That doesn't change the fact that he'll have to register, i.e announce, that he is a sex offender every time he makes a move for the rest of his life.

brock-turner.jpg

Santa Clara County Superior Court Judge Aaron Persky said in handing down the punishment that a longer sentence would have a "severe impact" on Turner.

Sex assault victim to ex-Stanford swimmer: "Assault is not an accident" - CBS News

What about the severe impact on the individual he raped?

The Judge is as stupid as the idiot Judge here in Texas that thought Ethan Couch was too privileged to be sent to jail...

The little bastard should have gotten the maximum sentence ( the rapist and Couch )....

He refuses to admit he raped her. The two students who caught him had to pull him off the girl who was unconscious.

I hope the sentence is appealed and increased so that he will be sent to prison instead of some white collar correction facility.

The assault happened after a night of heavy drinking at a campus fraternity party.

KPIX reported in January that Turner admitted to sexually fondling the woman after consuming nine alcoholic drinks at an on-campus fraternity party on Jan. 18, 2015, but denied raping her, according to a report from the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office.

The victim was not a Stanford student. She has not been publicly identified.

Police and prosecutors say the victim had three times the legal limit of alcohol in her system when the assault occurred - that she was blackout drunk and unable to agree to sex. Turner's blood-alcohol level was twice the legal limit.

Both parties involved here were heavily drinking at a frat party. Gee, what could possibly go wrong? Is the sentence to light? Perhaps. I agree the boy deserved to be punished. But the 6 year term prosecutors were asking for was ridiculous given both were drunk and attending a party where - well, drinking and sex aren't exactly unheard of. Give that, my guess is this has nothing to do with "privilege" and "race" (the girl was white I assume) as much as it does with the judge not being certain what actually occurred between these two (they were at a party where drinking and sex happen). How did she get back to his dorm room?

"This is not a story of another drunk college hookup with poor decision making. "

Yes, if the last time you had a college hookup was behind a trashcan with a girl who was passed out sure. When someone saw you did you pull up your pants and run too like this kid did?

Quite the ladies man you are

Both parties involved here were heavily drinking at a frat party. Gee, what could possibly go wrong?

Almost getting to "She-asked-for-itsville". Just a few more miles down this logic path

brock-turner.jpg

The Judge is as stupid as the idiot Judge here in Texas that thought Ethan Couch was too privileged to be sent to jail...

The little bastard should have gotten the maximum sentence ( the rapist and Couch )....

Yes, if the last time you had a college hookup was behind a trashcan with a girl who was passed out sure. When someone saw you did you pull up your pants and run too like this kid did?

There was nothing in your linked article about that, or your op.

Both parties involved here were heavily drinking at a frat party. Gee, what could possibly go wrong?

Almost getting to "She-asked-for-itsville". Just a few more miles down this logic path

I said he deserved to be punished and gave my best guess as to why the judge went with 6 months (why did you delete that part of my post?). But I don't fault you. Your inability to read and comprehend is obvious.

brock-turner.jpg

I was wondering that myself. The information provided by the OP did not contain this. If there's more to the story that of course changes how we respond.

brock-turner.jpg

Yet it still happened.

brock-turner.jpg

Yet it still happened.

Can you provide that information? The article you provided has him saying she agreed to go to his dorm room. How did she get there? Did he carry her or did she walk? As much as you might not like it, when it's his word against her this stuff matters.

Forum List

Back