Let's address the REAL issue.

PredFan

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2011
In Liberal minds, rent free.
The real issue is; Why do these shootings take place?

Possible reasons:

1. Our society in general.
2. Our culture of violence.
3. Our culture of entitlement.
4. Drugging kids.
5. Drugging adults.
6. The media.
7. Mishandling of the mentally ill.
8. Disenfranchizement.

Where are these lunatics coming from? How many more are out there?

Last edited:
In my personal opinion, I believe that the answer is one or more of the items listed in the OP. That said, i place most of the blame on the Media. All of it from FOX to CNN, from the NY Times to the National Enquirer.

Right now one can turn on any channel almost and find media coverage of this tragedy. We are giving the killer exactly what he wanted,and we are giving inspiration and ideas to the next killer.

The last two killers have worn bullet proof vests. Where did they gat the idea that that would be a good plan? Probably from media coverage of the previous killings where the cops shot and killed the shooter. Or the guy who killed the perp in that church killing spree a few years back.

These whackjobs watch the media and get ideas and inspiration. They don't care about their lives any more, or the lives of innocent people. They see the chance for going out in a blaze of glory and being immortalized even if it's in infamy. Soon we will all know his name and his face.

Our society is growing a crop of these people and feeding and watering it.

This kid was a "Goth". Spent hours playing shoot em up games. Had mental health issues.

Sure am glad his mom had those guns. Wonder who she thought she should be afraid of? I guess it never entered her mind to be afraid of her deranged son.

Keep all guns from the hands of men less than 30 years of age. Concentrate on keeping those young men from having access to guns.

All the recent mass shooters were young men under 30. Why you think that is?

Possible reasons:

4. Drugging kids.
5. Drugging adults.
6. The media.

Add one.

Pretending the mentally ill aren't really mentally ill.

This kid was a "Goth". Spent hours playing shoot em up games. Had mental health issues.

Sure am glad his mom had those guns. Wonder who she thought she should be afraid of? I guess it never entered her mind to be afraid of her deranged son.

Keep all guns from the hands of men less than 30 years of age. Concentrate on keeping those young men from having access to guns.

You aren't addressing the issue of why this happens. There are 23,904,875,634,060,756 threads already here on gun control. Take your tired argument over to one of them.

Possible reasons:

4. Drugging kids.
5. Drugging adults.
6. The media.

Add one.

Pretending the mentally ill aren't really mentally ill.

Done, although that's kind of what I meant by drugging kids and adults.

Last edited:
I would add to the list; the talk of the world ending nonsense on 12-21-12.
Maybe it wasn't part of what happened to this kid, but it really encourages the crazy people to do crazy things .

Can't tell if your kidding or not with this post.

Should we bar men under 30 from serving in the military too?

"Goth and games" have nothing to do with murder. I really get tired of the argument about video games. Before them we all shot each other with play guns face to face during playtime.

Its a stupid argument and it detracts from the real issues these killers exploit

"Goth and games" have nothing to do with murder. I really get tired of the argument about video games. Before them we all shot each other with play guns face to face during playtime.

Its a stupid argument and it detracts from the real issues these killers exploit

I agree but it's more of an issue of a "violent culture", imo.

You may not agree with those who blame video games, but it's a valid point in this thread. I can't blame video games alone, imo, that's silly.

And Goth? If the last two killers were into the Goth culture, it by no means equates to all Goths are killers.

I agree but it's more of an issue of a "violent culture", imo.

You may not agree with those who blame video games, but it's a valid point in this thread. I can't blame video games alone, imo, that's silly.

And Goth? If the last two killers were into the Goth culture, it by no means equates to all Goths are killers.

Like I said we've been play killing each other as children since the beginning of civilization. Its normal childhood behavior.

What's not normal is how we now label all those traditional behaviors and often drug kids to "fix" them.

As to the goth thing. Its just a trend. It was very popular when my kids were in school but not so much now. Its just like preppies when I was in school or greasers when my parents were in school.

We need to stop labeling every aspect of our lives.

One trend I have noticed is that a lot of the killers are the ones who got picked on in school.

I do think violent video games puts ideas into underdeveloped minds and then you stir in a broken family unit ( father and mother divorced and father remarried in this case ) and a working mother, who isn't home when the child is, and needs her, and you add peer pressure at school and a mentally unbalanced child who needs more than they have access to, and the resulting feelings of anger and isolation sets in, and and often, there is an explosion----revenge on those who need others to share their pain.

SNIP from an article about this latest shooter:

He carried a black briefcase to his 10th-grade honors English class, and sat near the door so he could readily slip in and out. When called upon, he was intelligent, but nervous and fidgety, spitting his words out, as if having to speak up were painful.

SNIP:

Several said in separate interviews that it was their understanding that he had a developmental disorder. They said they had been told that the disorder was Asperger’s syndrome, which is considered a high functioning form of autism.

“It’s not like people picked on him for it,” Mr. Baier said. “From what I saw, people just let him be, and that was that.”

Pale, tall and scrawny, Adam Lanza walked through high school in Newtown, Conn., with his hands glued to his sides, the pens in the pocket of his short-sleeve, button-down shirts among the few things that his classmates recalled about him.

He did all he could to avoid attention, it seemed.

Until Friday.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/15/n...-now-identified-as-a-mass-killer.html?hp&_r=0

Last edited:
The idea that video games lent to this guy's mentality is nonsense. A video game causing violent behavior is more a reflection of the users detachment from reality than the content of the game.

It's just a game, I don't have any issues playing them.

The idea that video games lent to this guy's mentality is nonsense. A video game causing violent behavior is more a reflection of the users detachment from reality than the content of the game.

It's just a game, I don't have any issues playing them.

Let's ban all video game controllers!

:cool:

Forum List

Back