Just a heads-up...

(EST)
Solar eclipse: today; 5:49 p.m. to sunset, about 6:03 p.m.
New Moon, start of the eighth month of the Hebrew calendar: today; 5:57 p.m.
X-class solar flares (X-class denotes the most intense flares): Oct. 19, 1:01 a.m. and yesterday 10:28 a.m.
Planetary alignment of Earth, Venus, Jupiter heightening earthquake probability: 23rd, 24th, 25th

Nope, just a few coincidences, that's all. I am probably not including everything as this is what I just happened to come across.

Partial solar eclipse at sunset today. It's not a sign from God. :)

Kind of reminding me of this
happy0148.gif

Can't view videos, pc's too old. :)

Dude, get an Iphone

(whines) I don' wanna. :) Made it to 43 without a cellphone, no plans to change that. Landline's annoying enough.

You should. Its a great resource.

Music. Saved on your phone. Available wherever you go.

Take pictures and create videos. Wherever you go.

Take notes! Record voice memos! Wherever you go.

Youtube! Almost wherever you go. For music or otherwise.

Internet!! Almost wherever you go.

And I guess you can also use it for texting or calling humans if you are into that. Hell, you can even video chat.

Not to mention it has a calculator, a compass, GPS, the weather, Google Maps...

And thousands of Aps for whatever your interests.

I have an Ap that, as I point my Iphone towards the sky, it shows me what nearby stars and planets are in that exact direction, names, constellations and everything. As you move your Iphone around, the screen adjusts accordingly in real time. Amazing when its late at night and you are atop a mountain just studying the sky.

Last edited:
(EST)

Planetary alignment of Earth, Venus, Jupiter heightening earthquake probability: 23rd, 24th, 25th

Fg=(Gm1m2)/r^2 says planetary alignment has jack and shit to do with earthquakes. Otherwise the moon would be wrecking this place on a daily basis and the Earth would be doing the same to that big ball of rock.

@Delta

Iphone is great, but at the expense of some of your privacy...

You can always leave your phone at home when you gotta go be Jedi about something.

(EST)

Fg=(Gm1m2)/r^2 says planetary alignment has jack and shit to do with earthquakes. Otherwise the moon would be wrecking this place on a daily basis and the Earth would be doing the same to that big ball of rock.
Straight from nasa's website:
Planets for Dessert - NASA Science
History shows that planetary alignments are harmless. In fact, alignments like the one in 1962 and in 2000 are fairly common. The five naked-eye planets cluster together in the sky within a circle 25 degrees or less in diameter once every 57 years, on average. The next time it will happen is September 8, 2040. The 2040 grouping will include Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn and the crescent Moon. Clustered well to the east of the Sun, the planets will stage a spectacular show at 7:30 p.m. in the evening. (Mark your calendar now!)
You are very correct, Steve. Thank you for the correction. I guess common sense should have caught that one. doh.

Forum List

Back