Let’s Not Panic Over Romney’s Defeat

Yeah, I didn't think Romney ran a terrible campaign. He was just himself, and that was the problem.

He tried to play it too safe when the moment called for a more aggressive push toward the finish line. It was his to win or lose, and he lost it.

He acted presidential and lost. But I seriously doubt there was much more he could do to win. There were, as I thought, very effective ads run by Romney and he at least won or tied in all the debates. So in my opinion the fix was in there was nothing anyone could do, that is why Obama hardly ran.

Yeah, I didn't think Romney ran a terrible campaign. He was just himself, and that was the problem.

He tried to play it too safe when the moment called for a more aggressive push toward the finish line. It was his to win or lose, and he lost it.

He acted presidential and lost. But I seriously doubt there was much more he could do to win. There were, as I thought, very effective ads run by Romney and he at least won or tied in all the debates. So in my opinion the fix was in there was nothing anyone could do, that is why Obama hardly ran.

He did very well in the first debate and then decided to coast in from there rather than risk a more aggressive tone in the last two debates and in the last months of the campaign in general.

Does anyone else find it strange that all of our self-sufficient, capable, prepared-for-Armageddon nutters have such dim hopes for their future?

If you have life figured out, skills and assets gained from a lifetime of diligence and a strong work ethic.....and are a rugged real American survivor with "god" on your side.....AND.....your primary competition for life's necessities consists of emotional, moronic pansies......WHY ALL THE FUCKING ANXIETY?

Does anyone else find it strange that all of our self-sufficient, capable, prepared-for-Armageddon nutters have such dim hopes for their future?

If you have life figured out, skills and assets gained from a lifetime of diligence and a strong work ethic.....and are a rugged real American survivor with "god" on your side.....AND.....your primary competition for life's necessities consists of emotional, moronic pansies......WHY ALL THE FUCKING ANXIETY?

What anxiety? And do you think we take pleasure in watching our fellow citizens destroy themselves? Especially when they can avoid it so easily.

Dukakis driving the tank, Kerry windsurfing, Bob Dole referring to himself in the third person, Kerry's headcase wife, Dukakis way out in left field, Dole barely awake half the time, Kerry speaking (and acting) French, etc., etc.

None of which compare to...

"I like to be able to fire people"
"the 47% are moochers"
"I can't have illegals here, I'm running for office, for Pete's Sake."
"I'm friends with NASCAR Team Owners"
"Ann has Two Caddies!"

Grandstanding on Benghazi, then sulking away when bitch-slapped by Candy Crowley.

Picking Ryan as a running mate. (Even worse than Sarah Palin). Then hiding him like a crazy uncle.

Not being able to stand up to Rush Limbaugh, or even Bryan Fischer.

Your political bias and personal bigotry color your outlook on the matter and render your 'opinion' illegitimate. You cannot be taken seriously on this matter.

You mean other than I was RIGHT?

You can whine about my reasoning all day, but the fact is, Romney failed and failed miserably.

I hate to say "I told you so"... but

I told you so.

He did very well in the first debate and then decided to coast in from there rather than risk a more aggressive tone in the last two debates and in the last months of the campaign in general.

Not accusing you of anything but isn't it a sad statement on our society when the advice for Romney is he should have gotten more aggressive (i.e. nasty as did Obama)

YES!!!!! Rainbows and unicorns....happy thoughts.....legalize drugs and make thinking of rainbows and unicorns all the better.

Maybe, just maybe, the 5 trillion dollars of debt put on your children over the last 4 years is enough for some to get just a bit worried. An 8 percent unemployment rate bought with our children's future, we should be ashamed.

None of which compare to...

"I like to be able to fire people"
"the 47% are moochers"
"I can't have illegals here, I'm running for office, for Pete's Sake."
"I'm friends with NASCAR Team Owners"
"Ann has Two Caddies!"

Grandstanding on Benghazi, then sulking away when bitch-slapped by Candy Crowley.

Picking Ryan as a running mate. (Even worse than Sarah Palin). Then hiding him like a crazy uncle.

Not being able to stand up to Rush Limbaugh, or even Bryan Fischer.

Your political bias and personal bigotry color your outlook on the matter and render your 'opinion' illegitimate. You cannot be taken seriously on this matter.

A typical liberal conclusion. The fact that obama won the election does not 'prove' your personal bigotry "right," you hateful cur. And it most certainly does not legitimize your amateur analysis of prior elections. Don't get too excited over this or it's going to hurt all the more later.

Not accusing you of anything but isn't it a sad statement on our society when the advice for Romney is he should have gotten more aggressive (i.e. nasty as did Obama)

I didn't say "nasty."

What anxiety? And do you think we take pleasure in watching our fellow citizens destroy themselves? Especially when they can avoid it so easily.

You? No. You are just a pawn. But those who use you benefit when Americans struggle.

YES!!!!! Rainbows and unicorns....happy thoughts.....legalize drugs and make thinking of rainbows and unicorns all the better.

Maybe, just maybe, the 5 trillion dollars of debt put on your children over the last 4 years is enough for some to get just a bit worried. An 8 percent unemployment rate bought with our children's future, we should be ashamed.

What's the matter? No self-confidence? Not sure you can rise to the top?

Or Romney just calculated, getting nasty would have blown back on him, as it did the few times he tried it (Benghazi, embracing Birtherism, etc.)

Of course, what you call, "getting nasty", I call actually challenging his position.

His position was he was a turnaround artist. He understood business.

Pointing out the AmPads and the GS Steels and the KB Toys and other companies where Bain totally fucked over people to make a profit wasn't "getting nasty", it was pointing out the human cost of his kind of economics.

A typical liberal conclusion. The fact that obama won the election does not 'prove' your personal bigotry "right," you hateful cur. And it most certainly does not legitimize your amateur analysis of prior elections. Don't get too excited over this or it's going to hurt all the more later.

I'm the primary kind of voter the GOP needs to win back if it hopes to have a future. You'll keep voting for them no matter what shit they dollop on your plate. Just let them tell you they hate abortion just like you do, and you'll follow them around loyally...

Here was the real effect of ROmneys Mormonism. He couldn't talk about it. So without the shiny coat of social issue bullshit you guys normally serve to push the plutocracy, you just had the raw plutocracy.

Which people saw and gagged.

Unkotare is not the type of voter we need in the future if he wants to scare off women and Hispanics from the GOP.

I didn't say "nasty."

As i said I wasn't accusing you. But what else could Romney have done? The left lied about his record and his life. The man is generous to a fault yet they pillaged him even for that.

With the economy flat lining with 8 percent unemployment with 5 trillion of debt thrown onto our children and with the division in the country Obama should have lost. The fix was in, Romney getting aggressive would have made little difference.

I am not worried about myself, my six figure income has served me well. But our children's futrue, I am not to sure of. If you think selling our children's future for an 8 percent unemployment rate is a good thing then maybe we do need to legalize drugs so I too could think such happy thoughts.

I am not worried about myself, my six figure income has served me well. But our children's futrue, I am not to sure of. If you think selling our children's future for an 8 percent unemployment rate is a good thing then maybe we do need to legalize drugs so I too could think such happy thoughts.

Why? Haven't you done your job as a parent? Aren't your kids as prepared as you are?

BTW, why do you think I will believe that you have a "six figure income"?

Anyone who lacks awareness to the degree that you do is, in my opinion, incapable of earning that kind of income.

Forum List

Back