Let me tell you about my awesome day at the doctors

JFK_USA

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2009
I, for one, am so excited about our republicans killing healthcare reform. I mean I was so happy to go to a doctor clinic today and feel the freedom of healthcare. I mean I only had to fill out like 10 pieces of paper and show my insurance card but boy they did give me alot of time in the waiting room to fill it out. Not only did I have an awesome time waiting for over an hour to get a physical, but I got to see many sick people who were waiting for more than a couple hours.

I also had to talk to four different office assistants about my insurance and what they would cover. Also while up there I saw the assistants dealing with different paperwork from different insurance companies and all on the phone talking with insurance companies.

Thank god we are trying to stop healthcare from becoming something better. Awesome.

I, for one, am so excited about our republicans killing healthcare reform. I mean I was so happy to go to a doctor clinic today and feel the freedom of healthcare. I mean I only had to fill out like 10 pieces of paper and show my insurance card but boy they did give me alot of time in the waiting room to fill it out. Not only did I have an awesome time waiting for over an hour to get a physical, but I got to see many sick people who were waiting for more than a couple hours.

I also had to talk to four different office assistants about my insurance and what they would cover. Also while up there I saw the assistants dealing with different paperwork from different insurance companies and all on the phone talking with insurance companies.

Thank god we are trying to stop healthcare from becoming something better. Awesome.

That's not blood you're coughing up there! That's freedom!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RssIN3ustUw]YouTube - Lee Greenwood - God Bless The USA[/ame]

when I take my son to the doctor who is on state medical, the only paperwork I fill out is on his progress and if I have any medical concerns. I also go to an office where they see many people on state medical, the only time I have had to wait longer then five minutes is when I was late for an appointment and they had to fit him in which they did. He has an awesome doctor who takes plenty of time to talk to me about my concerns.
Last week when I was sick and called the office to see if I should bring him or what I should do to treat him, I also got to talk to his doctor directly.

when I take my son to the doctor who is on state medical, the only paperwork I fill out is on his progress and if I have any medical concerns. I also go to an office where they see many people on state medical, the only time I have had to wait longer then five minutes is when I was late for an appointment and they had to fit him in which they did. He has an awesome doctor who takes plenty of time to talk to me about my concerns.
Last week when I was sick and called the office to see if I should bring him or what I should do to treat him, I also got to talk to his doctor directly.

Not everyone is as lucky as you either.

There is this really great thing called "having a regular physician" that you go to for things like physicals and other minor ailments. You fill out paperwork when going to see a doctor that you've never seen before so that they know your medical history. Just because you walk in the door for the first time doesn't mean they can look at you and know all there is to know. You discuss your insurance coverage with the staff because they have no magic crystal ball that tells them what a NEW patient's insurance will or will not cover. Does that kind of thing allude you? I walk in my doctors office and am seen usually within 5 minutes of checking in. They have all my information on hand so there is only the sign in sheet that I have to deal with.

Now, that wasn't so hard was it?

well when obama gets through with it youll be waiting for six months, so stfu

There is this really great thing called "having a regular physician" that you go to for things like physicals and other minor ailments. You fill out paperwork when going to see a doctor that you've never seen before so that they know your medical history. Just because you walk in the door for the first time doesn't mean they can look at you and know all there is to know. You discuss your insurance coverage with the staff because they have no magic crystal ball that tells them what a NEW patient's insurance will or will not cover. Does that kind of thing allude you? I walk in my doctors office and am seen usually within 5 minutes of checking in. They have all my information on hand so there is only the sign in sheet that I have to deal with.

I have the same experience as you. Regular doctor and so on. Friendly greeting at the front desk and pretty rapid progress into the exam room and then a friendly meeting with the doctor who has a good sense of humor which is needed for any annual post 50 year old physical.

Our friend who started the thread must have been on his forst visit to a doctor or was visiting a hospital E-Room.

If not, this sounds like a good time to change doctors.

If this is your first visit to a doctor, you will find this to be true or you will be dead as they give you something that you are allergic to. Regarding insurance, try going anywhere else to get something for nothing and you will find that the seller is going to cross t's and dot i's also to assure payment from the source.

I heard the Cash for Clunkers program had 139 pages of instructions to get the money off the auto purchase. This was a single payer program.

I heard that the $4500 dollar cash for clunker rebate was taxable income for those who recieved it. Was this true?

I have the same experience as you. Regular doctor and so on. Friendly greeting at the front desk and pretty rapid progress into the exam room and then a friendly meeting with the doctor who has a good sense of humor which is needed for any annual post 50 year old physical.

Our friend who started the thread must have been on his forst visit to a doctor or was visiting a hospital E-Room.

I posted alomost this same message yesterday, but seems relevant here.
I have insurance through my work, but just bought private insurance for wife and son. My wife went to the doctor with our $4000.00 yr insurance. Copay was supposed to be 35.00. 2 weeks after our visit we recieved a bill from doctor for additional 15.00. Turns out insurance company only allowed 22.00. So thats what they paid. so, I pay 4000.00 a yr. appointments we pay 35.00 for. Insurance payes 22.00 each. WHAT A GREAT FUCKING SYSTEM. How can you ficking right wing fucks endorse that shit. This is some of the better insurance that can be privatley bought.

I am just sooooooooooo sooooooooooo sorry YOUR employer chooses to get you crappy insurance. And I'm soooooooooo sooooooooo sorry you had to buy private insurance and chose a crappy insurance company for your wife and son. They must feel really really special! I have NO copay with the insurance company my husbands company chooses for their insurance for their employees. Just recently had major back surgery, 4 days in the hospital. All told, final out of pocket expenses for my doc, the hospital, the anesthesiologist, and the radiologist was only $2500.00. Don't blame your employer not giving a fk about you on anyone other than your employer! And please do not blame the fact YOU chose crappy insurance for your wife and son on anyone but yourself! Again, they must feel really special huh?

--------------------------------------------

Exactly!! My doc that did my back surgery was new to me. They mailed me the initial paperwork to have filled out before my first visit. I was in and out of his office within an hour. Now granted he took one look at the MRI pics and scheduled surgery for two days later but the only wait time was about 15 minutes because I was early for the appointment. My regular doctor is the same way unless I go in without an appointment. Then I don't have a problem with a possible wait. I'm for damn sure not going to expect him to see me in front of people that have appointments out of some sense of entitlement. Go figure huh?

Shit, Americans can argue your way out of decent medical care (and I am American living in a country with decent medical care) if you so chose, that is your tradition, our tradition, but I really thought this thread was going to be about the Courtship of Eddies Father, and his best freind, his son.

My son is my best freind, I would die for him without a second thought.

Not that I have a lot of second thoughts anyway.

I don't have to, I have good medical care.

Last edited:
well Mr Frogen......like you we have really good health care and I don't want that messed with. We even cover my husbands son, or we did until he graduated College, and it wasn't that expensive to do so. Like I said, I guess a lot of employer offered health care depends on just how much the employer cares about their employees as to the level of health care they offer. I have no complaints at all with what we have nor it's cost.

smoke a little medical marijuana it cures everything, just ask the hippies

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1vDLgqliRE]YouTube - [THC is a Cancer Cure!] RUN FROM THE CURE: Rick Simpson's Story [YT LINK to FULL FILE - 58 min][/ame]

trippinghippy350.jpg

I am just sooooooooooo sooooooooooo sorry YOUR employer chooses to get you crappy insurance. And I'm soooooooooo sooooooooo sorry you had to buy private insurance and chose a crappy insurance company for your wife and son. They must feel really really special! I have NO copay with the insurance company my husbands company chooses for their insurance for their employees. Just recently had major back surgery, 4 days in the hospital. All told, final out of pocket expenses for my doc, the hospital, the anesthesiologist, and the radiologist was only $2500.00. Don't blame your employer not giving a fk about you on anyone other than your employer! And please do not blame the fact YOU chose crappy insurance for your wife and son on anyone but yourself! Again, they must feel really special huh?

Which gets to the crux of the healthcare problem. Why do we let a decision as important as our healthcare be made by employers?
They are interested in profit, not making sure their employees are provided good insurance. More and more employers are moving to cheaper policies or eliminating coverage altogether.
Who is going to pick up the slack?

I have great medcal care now. 2 years ago I had to rely on the VA health system because I was between Jobs. That isn't great medical care. Even with an appointment you are guaranteed to be there at a minimum 4 hours and it could be longer if they need to do anything else. They found small traces of blood in my urine and suspected that I might have kidney disease. And so they wished to x ray my kidneys for which I had to drive to another town about an hour away for this I had to do an enema for which they gave me a product that was labeled in large print DO NOT TAKE THIS PRODUCT IF YOU HAVE OR THINK YOU MIGHT HAVE KIDNEY DISEASE. Apprently the nearest CT scanner is in another state ditto their MRI machine. That is the wonderful world of socialized medicine that the left wants for us.

And why do they want this flaming disaster? It's all about controlling costs. Just like any other bunch of bean counters. Unfortunately government bean counters know that if you die it saves them a hell of a lot of money. Private bean counters know that if you die they won't get any more money from you.

Which one do you think has the most incentive to keep you alive?

And RW in answer to your question because the government made it so.

Last edited:

That's not blood you're coughing up there! That's freedom!

Robert, you're becoming one of my favorite posters on here!

Which gets to the crux of the healthcare problem. Why do we let a decision as important as our healthcare be made by employers?
They are interested in profit, not making sure their employees are provided good insurance. More and more employers are moving to cheaper policies or eliminating coverage altogether.

You don't have to let your employer choose your coverage, bro. You can work for any company in the world that provides its employees health insurance and you can still decline it and choose your own health insurance. Of course, it'll cost you a hell of a lot more, but that's the beauty of freedom, right?? The American healthcare system at its best -- charging you $700 a month for health insurance!

It's not your employers job to make sure you're "provided for". They don't "owe" you a damned thing. How about you pick up your own slack, eh?>

Forum List

Back