Let me tell you about my awesome day at the doctors

I am just sooooooooooo sooooooooooo sorry YOUR employer chooses to get you crappy insurance. And I'm soooooooooo sooooooooo sorry you had to buy private insurance and chose a crappy insurance company for your wife and son. They must feel really really special! I have NO copay with the insurance company my husbands company chooses for their insurance for their employees. Just recently had major back surgery, 4 days in the hospital. All told, final out of pocket expenses for my doc, the hospital, the anesthesiologist, and the radiologist was only $2500.00. Don't blame your employer not giving a fk about you on anyone other than your employer! And please do not blame the fact YOU chose crappy insurance for your wife and son on anyone but yourself! Again, they must feel really special huh?

Which gets to the crux of the healthcare problem. Why do we let a decision as important as our healthcare be made by employers?
They are interested in profit, not making sure their employees are provided good insurance. More and more employers are moving to cheaper policies or eliminating coverage altogether.
Who is going to pick up the slack?

You don't have to let your employer choose your coverage, bro. You can work for any company in the world that provides its employees health insurance and you can still decline it and choose your own health insurance. Of course, it'll cost you a hell of a lot more, but that's the beauty of freedom, right?? The American healthcare system at its best -- charging you $700 a month for health insurance!

What ever happened to the conservative principle of entrepeneurship?
If you don't choose an employer with great insurance thats your fault. With todays economy, discouraging people from working for small business or starting your own business is poor policy.
With public option there would be a safety net of coverage for those not employed by big business

It's not your employers job to make sure you're "provided for". They don't "owe" you a damned thing. How about you pick up your own slack, eh?>

Exactly!

Employers don't want to be in the healthcare business. They compete internationally with corporations whose employees have national healthcare. Ask GM what healthcare costs them compared to Toyota? Thats why we need public healthcare. Not free healthcare but a publically sponsored health option that frees employers from having to take care of their employees healthcare needs

I, for one, am so excited about our republicans killing healthcare reform. I mean I was so happy to go to a doctor clinic today and feel the freedom of healthcare. I mean I only had to fill out like 10 pieces of paper and show my insurance card but boy they did give me alot of time in the waiting room to fill it out. Not only did I have an awesome time waiting for over an hour to get a physical, but I got to see many sick people who were waiting for more than a couple hours.

I also had to talk to four different office assistants about my insurance and what they would cover. Also while up there I saw the assistants dealing with different paperwork from different insurance companies and all on the phone talking with insurance companies.

Thank god we are trying to stop healthcare from becoming something better. Awesome.

Huh.. Average scenario:

I walk in the door, state "I ave a 9:00 appt with Dr. XX." "Ok, Cindy. He's running on time - have a seat and I'll let him know you're here." "Ok. Can you pull up my last bill (as I lay the HSA Visa card down), so I can take care of that while I'm here?" "Sure. One second." Meantime, my doctors already ready for me, and I'm telling him to give me 2 seconds, as I tell the receptionist I'll just pick my card up on my way out.

Worst case scenario:

I walk in the door, state...... ...and then "Ok, Cindy.. He's running about 15 minutes behind. Do you want to wait, or would you rather reschedule?

If it's more than 15 minutes behind, they call me before I get there and ask if I want to reschedule.

You're right. How tragic it is to walk into a health care clinic. Oh, the agony.

I have I better idea. Lets give you tax credits for buying your insurance instead of the company you work for. How will that bring costs down? Real easy if I buy my own health insurance coverage my health insurance will only have to cover those things I want covered. Unlike company insurance plans that are often required by state law to cover virtually everything imaginable.

It would also have the result of restoring mobility to the work force which would improve wages since I am no longer joined at the hip to my current company because of health care considerations I am completely free to shop my services to the highest bidder.

Last edited:
I, for one, am so excited about our republicans killing healthcare reform. I mean I was so happy to go to a doctor clinic today and feel the freedom of healthcare. I mean I only had to fill out like 10 pieces of paper and show my insurance card but boy they did give me alot of time in the waiting room to fill it out. Not only did I have an awesome time waiting for over an hour to get a physical, but I got to see many sick people who were waiting for more than a couple hours.

I also had to talk to four different office assistants about my insurance and what they would cover. Also while up there I saw the assistants dealing with different paperwork from different insurance companies and all on the phone talking with insurance companies.

Thank god we are trying to stop healthcare from becoming something better. Awesome.

WHAT? Are you telling this board that you went to a "Doctors Clinic" and waited in the WAITING ROOM FOR :eek: :eek: A WHOLE HOUR?:eek: :eek:

And that in this time, that you had to fill out ten whole forms? That you were subjected to the humiliation of having to show Identification and an insurance :eek: :eek:FORM?:eek: :eek:

Say it ain't SO!

Why, on the testimony of this sort of unacceptable maltreatment of a citizen which is, by her very RIGHT as a HUMAN BEING entitled by her very EXISTANCE; to unlimited medical treatment, carte blanche and IMMEDIATE examination by the best and the brightest medical diagnostic minds that humanity can produce... to be FORCED to wait an HOUR is an incomprehensible violation of her human rights and spits in the FACE of the social contract wherein she is guaranteed the best, fastest and most courteous treatment mankind can generate; and not only HER! But what about all of the OTHERS who were waiting in that 'WAITING ROOM? What of their humiliation?

Any reasonable person can CLEARLY see, that this "Doctors Clinic" is guilty of mal-practice for not having a team of highly skilled nurses and doctors to INDIVIDUALLY care for those who come to that faciltiy for the unlimited, carte blanche, instantaneous care to which they are rightfully entitled...

Which means that if there were 20 seats in that waiting room... that 'Doctors Clininc' implies that they can care for 20 patients simultaneously... That requires a MINIMUM of 180 HIGHLY SKILLED VETERAN NURSES and 60 HIGHLY SKILLED, HIGHLY EXPERIENCED MEDICAL PRACTITIONERS! (doctors which have been practicing for a very long time...) who are trained in a MINIMUM of three medical specialties each... Otherwise, HOW on EARTH can a 'Doctors Clinic' EVER hope to provide the kind of care that this member is entitled?

How can the indignity of being held captive; LOCKED DOWN AGAINST HER WILL in a "WAITING ROOM"... where she is unable to walk out the door when she is subjected to such TORTURE! and simply drive to a Clinic where they are properly staffed to provide UNLIMITED, CARTE BLANCHE, INSTANTANEOUS MEDICAL CARE BY THE VERY BEST MEDICAL MINDS THAT THE SPECIES CAN PROVIDE?

I for one and very thankful that this member came to the board with her medical horror story and used this example of INHUMANITY TO MAN! to urge on the passing of the Socialized Healthcare, where history has shown that waiting for medical threatment, filling out forms, showing Identification for medical treatment has been eliminated...

Of course... it does make one wonder, how the Hussein Healthcare System will avoid treating Illegal Aliens... If one doesn't fill out a form and show ID...

But THAT'S NOT IMPORTANT! What IS important is that WE PASS THIS LEGISLATION IMMEDIATELY... we can work out the details LATER~

Last edited:
There is this really great thing called "having a regular physician" that you go to for things like physicals and other minor ailments. You fill out paperwork when going to see a doctor that you've never seen before so that they know your medical history. Just because you walk in the door for the first time doesn't mean they can look at you and know all there is to know. You discuss your insurance coverage with the staff because they have no magic crystal ball that tells them what a NEW patient's insurance will or will not cover. Does that kind of thing allude you? I walk in my doctors office and am seen usually within 5 minutes of checking in. They have all my information on hand so there is only the sign in sheet that I have to deal with.

Now, that wasn't so hard was it?

I have the same experience as you. Regular doctor and so on. Friendly greeting at the front desk and pretty rapid progress into the exam room and then a friendly meeting with the doctor who has a good sense of humor which is needed for any annual post 50 year old physical.

Our friend who started the thread must have been on his forst visit to a doctor or was visiting a hospital E-Room.

If not, this sounds like a good time to change doctors.

I posted alomost this same message yesterday, but seems relevant here.
I have insurance through my work, but just bought private insurance for wife and son. My wife went to the doctor with our $4000.00 yr insurance. Copay was supposed to be 35.00. 2 weeks after our visit we recieved a bill from doctor for additional 15.00. Turns out insurance company only allowed 22.00. So thats what they paid. so, I pay 4000.00 a yr. appointments we pay 35.00 for. Insurance payes 22.00 each. WHAT A GREAT FUCKING SYSTEM. How can you ficking right wing fucks endorse that shit. This is some of the better insurance that can be privatley bought.

So let me get this right you pay about $300.00 per month for family coverage, if it was broken down to per month. Yet this insurance is some of the "better insurance" that can be "privatley bought", are you kidding? Most people's employer provided health care premiums aren't that cheap. You get what you pay for you.

There is this really great thing called "having a regular physician" that you go to for things like physicals and other minor ailments. You fill out paperwork when going to see a doctor that you've never seen before so that they know your medical history. Just because you walk in the door for the first time doesn't mean they can look at you and know all there is to know. You discuss your insurance coverage with the staff because they have no magic crystal ball that tells them what a NEW patient's insurance will or will not cover. Does that kind of thing allude you? I walk in my doctors office and am seen usually within 5 minutes of checking in. They have all my information on hand so there is only the sign in sheet that I have to deal with.

Now, that wasn't so hard was it?

I have the same experience as you. Regular doctor and so on. Friendly greeting at the front desk and pretty rapid progress into the exam room and then a friendly meeting with the doctor who has a good sense of humor which is needed for any annual post 50 year old physical.

Our friend who started the thread must have been on his forst visit to a doctor or was visiting a hospital E-Room.

If not, this sounds like a good time to change doctors.

I posted alomost this same message yesterday, but seems relevant here.
I have insurance through my work, but just bought private insurance for wife and son. My wife went to the doctor with our $4000.00 yr insurance. Copay was supposed to be 35.00. 2 weeks after our visit we recieved a bill from doctor for additional 15.00. Turns out insurance company only allowed 22.00. So thats what they paid. so, I pay 4000.00 a yr. appointments we pay 35.00 for. Insurance payes 22.00 each. WHAT A GREAT FUCKING SYSTEM. How can you ficking right wing fucks endorse that shit. This is some of the better insurance that can be privatley bought.

Dude, you think that's bad?

I pay $2,000 a year for insurance on my home and they don't pay anything for routine maintenance. What a rip.

[sarcasm = 1000] I mean who do those people think they are, not paying to fix my leaky faucet or re-staining my deck !!! WHAT A GREAT SYSTEM. [/sarcasm]

But I will certainly be thankful for my insurance if my house burns down, or it's blown away by a tornado...because that's what insurance is for.

It's not your employers job to make sure you're "provided for". They don't "owe" you a damned thing. How about you pick up your own slack, eh?>

Exactly!

Employers don't want to be in the healthcare business. They compete internationally with corporations whose employees have national healthcare. Ask GM what healthcare costs them compared to Toyota? Thats why we need public healthcare. Not free healthcare but a publically sponsored health option that frees employers from having to take care of their employees healthcare needs

Doesn't sound like you want a "public option"....but "government healthcare" takeover. :cuckoo:

If you think this was bad, wait to see what passing the public option on this health care reform bullshit does for your condesending sarcastic attitude. Then you will get a good look at rationed health care - that is, if you can even get in to see the doctor.

Sounds like an incompetent Doctors office that you got to. This isn't the norm right now. But, while you try to promote your obvious agenda, this will be SOP for you and your family, but you may have to wait a lot longer for your treatment. Be usre to have your "ID card" with you.

Must have been your first visit there as a patient. It's necessary to collect information in the file so as to know how to take into account your medical history. It seems lame to be disturbed by that process. But, never fear, you won't be asked to provide that information again for a couple of years when it will have had time to change and needs updating.

It's also important to make sure that you understand your medical options so that it comports with your insurance. That is an effort to keep you saying later: "Boo-hoo I didn't understand..."

Being around sick people when you visit a medical treatment facility? GET REAL!

well when obama gets through with it youll be waiting for six months, so stfu

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...liberals-intolerant-of-others-viewpoints.html

I love Irony.

JFK_USA, you have to look at the bright side of this experience. The insurance company gets their money, their executives and stock holders get their money and you get H1N1 or just a cold, flu, or runny nose from all the germs from the other sick people who also get sicker. Progress I say, progress.

3rd UPDATE: UnitedHealth 2Q Profit Doubles, Membership Declines - WSJ.com

The World Health Organization's ranking of the world's health systems

Once, when our daughter fell off the monkey bars and hurt her elbow, we made the mistake of going to the local healthcare center than using our normal Tri-care (government system). We had the pleasure of sitting in the waiting room for over 5 hours in the middle of which they wheeled a woman in a wheelchair to sit in the middle of the crowded room...a woman with active TB. That was special.

The sad part is that you believe a government run bureaucracy will be more efficient. You think an hr wait is bad!! lol:cuckoo:

my waiting time??? about 15 mins. why is that????

I am just sooooooooooo sooooooooooo sorry YOUR employer chooses to get you crappy insurance. And I'm soooooooooo sooooooooo sorry you had to buy private insurance and chose a crappy insurance company for your wife and son. They must feel really really special! I have NO copay with the insurance company my husbands company chooses for their insurance for their employees. Just recently had major back surgery, 4 days in the hospital. All told, final out of pocket expenses for my doc, the hospital, the anesthesiologist, and the radiologist was only $2500.00. Don't blame your employer not giving a fk about you on anyone other than your employer! And please do not blame the fact YOU chose crappy insurance for your wife and son on anyone but yourself! Again, they must feel really special huh?

Which gets to the crux of the healthcare problem. Why do we let a decision as important as our healthcare be made by employers?
They are interested in profit, not making sure their employees are provided good insurance. More and more employers are moving to cheaper policies or eliminating coverage altogether.
Who is going to pick up the slack?

Exactly, I think we should move away from people thinking you have to get your benefits through your company. Pensions are a good idea but the companies need to be forced to pay out on those pensions. If you offer it, you stick to your word and give it out. Everybody works hard and if they put their hard earned money into that pension plan, they deserve their money.

I really don't know but I don't like going to the doctor's here in america. I mean who said in the healthcare reform that small clinics will be shut down? Heck with the government taking over, the small clinics can survive because of lower overhead costs because of a single payer.

When I go to the doctor (small clinic, 2 doctors, 2 nurses, 4 receptionist) I arrive 15 to 20 minutes early. I get signed in, and by my appointment time I'm in seeing the doctor. Only one time did I have to wait over an hour and that was because a patient came in and had some serious issues and only one doctor was working.

Same here; Poor JFK thinks that somehow she can be relieved of having to deal with the real world: The lines at the BMV, taking a number, getting in the Queue, and waiting is what a bureaucracy run system is all about. I visited a couple of local clinics until I found the one I like, and there were real differences.

But JFK raises a question for our concern, one that I share: Our world is getting more complicated and overwhelming by the day it seems; are we raising our children to cope with so much complexity? How do we get them to understand the ordinary and seperate them from the real complexities of daily life without willingly copping out and asking the government to remove the burden, which is part and parcel of freedom?

When I visited a government office to sign up for Medicare, I was hit in the head by how complicated it could be made. I was expecting real help, but instead I was handed a Medicare booklet, told to read pages 90 through 120, full of options and charts - only a small part applied to me - and told to search the internet. (oh yeah, and she said "You can blame the damned Republicans for this")

When I went on the internet, there were far more choices than I could respond to, and follow through down their path to a choice. It was impossible to seperate the wheat from the chaff without a huge dedication of time.

I called my professional commercial insurance agent, answered her questions about my situation and needs, and within a few days sat down with her and made an excellent choice of a Part D policy and a Supplemental policy. A liberal friend of mine, signng up for Medicare, complained of the same experience, feeling less than adequateldy helped at the SS-office.

People who think that Medicare is "free" should get better informed. My own medicare premiums are in three parts: Medicare itself has a premium which comes out of the SS check; then there's the Supplemental Insurance policy to pay for what Medicare doesn't cover; then there's the Part D Drug policy which must be purchased. For me those add up to $350 per month. That's not "free" by a long shot.

I can purchase a private plan even at advanced age, which is less costly (to me - Medicare has to pay part of that premium; from my "account".) These costs are going to be even higher under any Obamacare plan or services will have to be cut, and therefore lines will have to be longer; increasing time spent waiting with other disgruntled sick people who lack coping skills.

Hope you're ready for that JFK.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back