Let me 'splain somethin'.............

God is not who you want Him to be.
He doesn't operate by YOUR rules.
What this means is, when you say "MY God would do 'thus and such'" you are just being your OWN God.

There IS a God - and guess what!? He's a LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smarter than you! ...yeah and me too.. dang it...
Well ..................I guess you told'em ........

Not really. People that want to think they "know it all" will keep refusing to hear out of pride and arrogance.
BUT, even they know, when they read this, it's Truth. That's why they protest so much. They hate it!

By the way, when I make statements like, "My God is a caring and compassionate God", you don't think that is the stereotypical Christian God??

Funny you seem to have the opinion that you know what the "one / true" god would think.

What makes you the great definers of others God's??

My relationship is kinda personal, who the fuck do you think you are to comment on it??

Guess you never heard the words sanctimonious or hypocritical??

I am a representative of God - as a Christian - and speaking Truth about his is my duty (as it is with any other Christian).....

I never said I knew what God thought. Only that God is who He is.

Perfect.
Inerrant.
All Powerful
All Knowing
Ever present

Yet, people want to say things like "MY God would never allow pain in the world etc."
If you don't believe in God, that is your choice. Why then would you care to even speculate?

By the way, when I make statements like, "My God is a caring and compassionate God", you don't think that is the stereotypical Christian God??

Funny you seem to have the opinion that you know what the "one / true" god would think.

My relationship is kinda personal, who the fuck do you think you are to comment on it??

I am a representative of God - as a Christian - and speaking Truth about his is my duty (as it is with any other Christian).....

Perfect.
Inerrant.
All Powerful
All Knowing
Ever present

Yet, people want to say things like "MY God would never allow pain in the world etc."
If you don't believe in God, that is your choice. Why then would you care to even speculate?

Your God cannot be perfect because something that is perfect could never create something that is imperfect.

So either your God is not the creator or he isn't perfect.

Oh, and according to your own Bible your God has made a couple of mistakes too so he isn't inerrant.

And yes, there are still those pesky omnipotent and omniscient paradoxes you can't resolve either.

Get back to us when you have those answers, m'key?

"God" was invented in man's own image and likeness.
And here, "man's" is literal, not generic.

And oh yeah by the way, regardless whether you call it Jehovah, Allah, G-d, or something else, when that next war comes up, rest assured he's always on your side. Pretty convenient. And that's kind of fascinating since that enemy you're fighting ---- he's on their side too, simultaneously. Because Godhovallah can do anything. :thup:

I seem to recall hearing that when it came to war God was always on the side of big battalions.

God empowered much smaller battalions to beat much larger ones..... many times....

That was a joke, Bonzi.

Perfect.
Inerrant.
All Powerful
All Knowing
Ever present

Your God cannot be perfect because something that is perfect could never create something that is imperfect.

Oh, and according to your own Bible your God has made a couple of mistakes too so he isn't inerrant.

And yes, there are still those pesky omnipotent and omniscient paradoxes you can't resolve either.

God is perfect
I am not

To be clear, God made Adam and Eve, but, he gave them freewill and they CHOSE to be disobedient.
God wanted to create a being that would honor and love him of their own choice. But they chose not to.
If he had created them to love Him without a choice in the matter, that would not be love.

Face it De Te there are things even YOU won't understand this side of life.

I'm not the one claiming to "know it all" or even, as you have the audacity to do, claim to "know better than God"... of course you don't even believe in Him so... not sure what you are trying to accomplish..........

Perfect.
Inerrant.
All Powerful
All Knowing
Ever present

God is perfect
I am not

To be clear, God made Adam and Eve, but, he gave them freewill and they CHOSE to be disobedient.
God wanted to create a being that would honor and love him of their own choice. But they chose not to.
If he had created them to love Him without a choice in the matter, that would not be love.

I'm not the one claiming to "know it all" or even, as you have the audacity to do, claim to "know better than God"... of course you don't even believe in Him so... not sure what you are trying to accomplish..........

Why do you continuously lie about what I post?

Please provide the actual post(s) where I have ever made this claim.

I'm not the one claiming to "know it all" or even, as you have the audacity to do, claim to "know better than God"...

As far as understanding anything after this life goes by you don't know any better than I do what happens when we die. Because you are afraid of dying you try to deceive yourself with superstition.

As far as I am concerned I have this life now and I intend to make the most of all of it. What comes next, if anything at all, then I will deal with it at the time. I refuse to waste this life worrying about something that I can do nothing whatsoever about.

If I am to be "judged" by your capricious God then sobeit. Spending eternity without any fundie Christians around sounds like heaven to me. :D

Perfect.
Inerrant.
All Powerful
All Knowing
Ever present

God is perfect
I am not

Why do you continuously lie about what I post?

Please provide the actual post(s) where I have ever made this claim.

I'm not the one claiming to "know it all" or even, as you have the audacity to do, claim to "know better than God"...

As far as understanding anything after this life goes by you don't know any better than I do what happens when we die. Because you are afraid of dying you try to deceive yourself with superstition.

As far as I am concerned I have this life now and I intend to make the most of all of it. What comes next, if anything at all, then I will deal with it at the time. I refuse to waste this life worrying about something that I can do nothing whatsoever about.

If I am to be "judged" by your capricious God then sobeit. Spending eternity without any fundie Christians around sounds like heaven to me. :D

.... I assume you think you know it all because I have yet to have heard you otherwise ....
I have admitted my imperfections.

I'm not afraid of dying. I wasn't when I was an atheist. I'm not now.
Another example of you "knowing everything" you even think you know my feelings....

If I didn't believe in God I would live like you do with your attitude (I DID live that way, for most of my life...)

God came down from heaven and died for you.
It's your option to reject that sacrifice.

... I assume you think you know it all because I have yet to have heard you otherwise ....

Your fallacious assumptions are not my problem.

I have made my own position abundantly clear on many occasions. I did so yet again in the post you just responded to.

In future kindly refrain from imposing your assumptions on others.

TYIA

... I assume you think you know it all because I have yet to have heard you otherwise ....

Your fallacious assumptions are not my problem.

I have made my own position abundantly clear on many occasions. I did so yet again in the post you just responded to.

In future kindly refrain from imposing your assumptions on others.

TYIA

I'll post what I feel like posting, as will you I'm sure...

Perfect.
Inerrant.
All Powerful
All Knowing
Ever present

You seem to have psychological issues, you insist those who do not believe exactly as you do are wrong.

Religion is a personal experience, it is a set of general guide lines that tells one how to interact with a specific subset of the general populace.

You made reference to a Judea-Christian God and made a statement about what others commented about their GOD.

I commented my God was a compassionate and caring God and you have the fucking nerve to tell me I am wrong.

Look bitch, I don't know what kind of Christian banner you think you are flag shipping under, but your God needs to tell you to STFU and stay out of others religions.

You need to worry about your judgmental, meddlesome ass going to hell for being such a fucking hypocrit.

Now I am going back to my compassionate and understanding God who presents issues such as you in my daily life, he has taught me patience and understanding for religious zealots such as you.

I want a God I would like to sit down and have a beer with

Not a God who will punish me if he is having a bad day

Last edited:

Perfect.
Inerrant.
All Powerful
All Knowing
Ever present

You seem to have psychological issues, you insist those who do not believe exactly as you do are wrong.

Religion is a personal experience, it is a set of general guide lines that tells one how to interact with a specific subset of the general populace.

You made reference to a Judea-Christian God and made a statement about what others commented about their GOD.

I commented my God was a compassionate and caring God and you have the fucking nerve to tell me I am wrong.

Look bitch, I don't know what kind of Christian banner you think you are flag shipping under, but your God needs to tell you to STFU and stay out of others religions.

You need to worry about your judgmental, meddlesome ass going to hell for being such a fucking hypocrit.

Now I am going back to my compassionate and understanding God who presents issues such as you in my daily life, he has taught me patients and understanding for religious zealots such as you.

Are you a psychiatrist? What leads you to think I have psychological issues.. that is not very nice....
God is compassionate and caring, but according to HIS definition - not yours.
I am not interfering in anyone else's religion. Only speaking what I know to be true about my beliefs. If that strikes a nerve in some, maybe it's God trying to tell them something..........

I want a God I would like to sit down and have a beer with

Not a God who will punish me if he is having a bad day

well if you get to know God, you will realize that is not what God is like.............

Are you a psychiatrist? What leads you to think I have psychological issues.. that is not very nice....
I am not interfering in anyone else's religion. Only speaking what I know to be true about my beliefs. If that strikes a nerve in some, maybe it's God trying to tell them something..........

You have an interpretation of the bible and a conception of God formed from mans word and written text.

So when I make that statement my God is a compassionate and caring GOD you don't disagree with the tenet, you just have issues that I say it is my God and the way he views things.

I tried to convey religion is a personal experience, you keep wanting to stick to your zealot guns, it's my way or it's wrong.

When I said religion was a personal experience that means in interpretation of religious beliefs and rituals.

You missed the part about religions being societal road maps.

You keep coming out here speaking about your beliefs, unfortunately others have beliefs too.

Does that make yours supreme??

You say it does based on your interpretation of the lords word, what about others interpretation??

You God didn't suggest you not be judgmental?? overbearing?? obnoxious??

Funny mine did ..................

You have an interpretation of the bible and a conception of God formed from mans word and written text.

So when I make that statement my God is a compassionate and caring GOD you don't disagree with the tenet, you just have issues that I say it is my God and the way he views things.

I tried to convey religion is a personal experience, you keep wanting to stick to your zealot guns, it's my way or it's wrong.

When I said religion was a personal experience that means in interpretation of religious beliefs and rituals.

You keep coming out here speaking about your beliefs, unfortunately others have beliefs too.

You say it does based on your interpretation of the lords word, what about others interpretation??

God is God - there is only 1 and he's everyone's God.
We will all have to face Him and answer to Him 1 day.
Stating that fact, well, if you view that as judgmental, overbearing and obnoxious, I'm sorry you feel that way.
I believe it is important for everyone to come to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. Not because it does anything for me personally - but because I am commanded to do it.

Stating that fact, well, if you view that as judgmental, overbearing and obnoxious, I'm sorry you feel that way.
I believe it is important for everyone to come to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. Not because it does anything for me personally - but because I am commanded to do it.

This is true.

Sh'ma Yisrael,
Adon-i, eloheinu,
Adon-a, echad.

Echad = 1.

Your opinion is that there is only 1 God.

Others hold the opinion that there are many gods and some point out that since there is zero evidence for any gods there are probably none since every god ever invented was done so by mankind.

Your opinion is that there is only 1 God.

Others hold the opinion that there are many gods and some point since there is zero evidence for any gods there are probably none since every god ever invented was done so by mankind.

The Great and Holy Spaghetti monster is going to get really mad when he reads this thread.

Last edited:
God is not who you want Him to be.
He doesn't operate by YOUR rules.
What this means is, when you say "MY God would do 'thus and such'" you are just being your OWN God.

There IS a God - and guess what!? He's a LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smarter than you! ...yeah and me too.. dang it...

And so? How is what you stated here any different? Are you not defining God according to your own beliefs and what you want him or see him or her or it as you see fit?

Forum List

Back