less then 51 months and he's traveled more then any President..

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
This speaks for itself... in a time of financial crisis with millions out of work and more millions on government tab, guess what our "globetrotter-wanna-a-be" does.. more trips!

President Barack Obama has spent more time traveling abroad than other U.S. president in history at this point in their presidencies, according to a forthcoming study from the National Taxpayer Union Foundation (NTUF) provided exclusively to Breitbart News ahead of its public release.
The most internationally well-traveled President, through five years, is also flying the most expensive-to-operate Air Force One to date,” NTUF wrote.
After five years in the White House, Obama has taken 31 trips for a total of 119 days abroad. At that point in George W. Bush’s presidency, Bush had taken 28 trips for 116 days, while Bill Clinton had taken 27 trips for 113 days. Ronald Reagan, after five years, had taken 14 trips for 73 days while Richard Nixon had taken 12 trips for 60 days after five years in the White House and Lyndon Johnson took 10 trips for 34 days at the half-decade mark. Dwight Eisenhower took 8 trips for 31 days after five years in the White House.

Exclusive - Study: Obama Most Well-Traveled, Expensive President In History Through Five Years

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
No, this really does not ‘speak for itself.’ If you think that the president’s itinerary is a fiscal problem then you really do not understand the numbers involved. This is not a drop in the bucket – it is far smaller than that. I am not going to presume to judge the president on the fact that he travels – a very important part of doing his job.

Now, the CONTENT of those travels are fair game. When he goes overseas and says or does things that you or I disagree with then we have something to debate. The fact that he went overseas though – that is not an issue.

obama would rather travel and play golf than do his job..................and it shows

No, this really does not ‘speak for itself.’ If you think that the president’s itinerary is a fiscal problem then you really do not understand the numbers involved. This is not a drop in the bucket – it is far smaller than that. I am not going to presume to judge the president on the fact that he travels – a very important part of doing his job.

Now, the CONTENT of those travels are fair game. When he goes overseas and says or does things that you or I disagree with then we have something to debate. The fact that he went overseas though – that is not an issue.

Libtards were singing a different tune when Bush was President.

All these "little drops in the bucket" add up to 17 trillion Dollars.

Last edited:

The debt while Obama has been in office is $17 trillion?

this can not be true, the liarberals here have repeatedly said that GW Bush and Laura were the most traveled and most costly in presidential history.

please recheck your facts.., here are mine:

Exclusive - Study: Obama Most Well-Traveled, Expensive President In History Through Five Years

well i'll danged, it seems your facts and mine are identical..., hummmm two rights must mean it's a FACT !! :up:

Vacation time does not always = travel. Glad to have pointed that out. :D

The debt while Obama has been in office is $17 trillion?

idiots leftists read stuff into the posts of others that isnt there

according to a forthcoming study from the National Taxpayer Union Foundation (NTUF) provided exclusively to Breitbart News ahead of its public release.

Yeah right

Sorry, I've seen the full blame for the debt attributed to Obama too many times on this board.

And he deserves it. He has spent more money than every other president. On track to be more than all of them combined.

It should be attributed to him if you are intellectually dishonest, I expect that from you though.

um no; actually if YOU were intellctually honest you'd admit it's true. he's spent more than all previous presidents. that isnt the same as saying all $17 trillion of debt was created by him. the only one here who is intellectually dishonest is you

And he deserves it. He has spent more money than every other president. On track to be more than all of them combined.

It should be attributed to him if you are intellectually dishonest, I expect that from you though.

um no; actually if YOU were intellctually honest you'd admit it's true. he's spent more than all previous presidents. that isnt the same as saying all $17 trillion of debt was created by him. the only one here who is intellectually dishonest is you

Shithead, I'll attribute to each president what was spent under them. I replied to a post in which Rabbit is attributing EVERYTHING to Obama. I think you have a reading comprehension problem.

This speaks for itself... in a time of financial crisis with millions out of work and more millions on government tab, guess what our "globetrotter-wanna-a-be" does.. more trips!

President Barack Obama has spent more time traveling abroad than other U.S. president in history at this point in their presidencies, according to a forthcoming study from the National Taxpayer Union Foundation (NTUF) provided exclusively to Breitbart News ahead of its public release.
The most internationally well-traveled President, through five years, is also flying the most expensive-to-operate Air Force One to date,” NTUF wrote.
After five years in the White House, Obama has taken 31 trips for a total of 119 days abroad. At that point in George W. Bush’s presidency, Bush had taken 28 trips for 116 days, while Bill Clinton had taken 27 trips for 113 days. Ronald Reagan, after five years, had taken 14 trips for 73 days while Richard Nixon had taken 12 trips for 60 days after five years in the White House and Lyndon Johnson took 10 trips for 34 days at the half-decade mark. Dwight Eisenhower took 8 trips for 31 days after five years in the White House.

Is travelling abroad and meeting with foreign leaders somehow a bad thing?

So...according to Breitbart:

Obama 31 trips 119 days
Bush 28 trips 116 days
Clinton 27 trips 113 days

Seems almost identical to me......Time for some rightwing outrage?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back