Lesbian Wedding

alan1

Gold Member
Dec 13, 2008
Shoveling the ashes
I am posting this in the "Health and Lifestyle" forum because it lists, "Relationship Issues" as a subject line. Mods, feel free to move it to another area if this was the wrong forum to post it in.

I am curious why some lesbian weddings have one of the women obviously dressed more masculine and the other dressed feminine. See sample pics.

pp.jpg

lesbian-wedding-in-canada-1.jpg

Lesbians are not interested in a relationship with a man, so why do the masculine at a wedding? It just seems opposite of what they find attractive to them.

I think in the second picture it's the lesbian couple that just got divorced.

I am posting this in the "Health and Lifestyle" forum because it lists, "Relationship Issues" as a subject line. Mods, feel free to move it to another area if this was the wrong forum to post it in.

I am curious why some lesbian weddings have one of the women obviously dressed more masculine and the other dressed feminine. See sample pics.

pp.jpg

Lesbians are not interested in a relationship with a man, so why do the masculine at a wedding? It just seems opposite of what they find attractive to them.

Because lesbians dress for their own comfort. Some women want to wear dresses and some want to wear pants. I've seen weddings where both women were in dresses or skirts. My own, for example. My wife and I were both in traditional Buddhist chuba skirts and zens and married by a Buddhist Lama.

Sometimes it's for play or humor.

Last edited:
I've never seen Ellen DeGeneres in anything other than pants. That's what she finds comfortable so it makes sense that she would wear pants at her wedding to Portia.

On 'Say Yes to the Dress' they had a lesbian couple who were both looking for a dress.

It all depends on what you're comfortable with, it doesn't have anything to do with one being 'the man' and seeing as they're both women . . . well, that would be silly wouldn't it?

I think in the second picture it's the lesbian couple that just got divorced.

They do say the divorce rate is 50%. :eusa_whistle:
Not really the point of my thread, but an interesting commentary.

Do you know where that phony stat came from? Some whiz noticed that in the newspaper there were twice as many wedding announcements as there were divorce announcements and figured that meant a divorce rate of 50 percent. Seriously, that is where it came from. NOT from a real study. Anyone else spot the MAJOR flaw there? It has been repeated as "fact" for so long everyone buys it. Except it isn't true and that isn't how a divorce rate is even calculated. If we had a 50 percent divorce rate our social problems would be disastrously worse than they are -which are already bad enough. True divorce rate is about 23 percent. I bet a lot of people see that in their own families and probably figured their family was at least doing it better than the average - but in reality, that is the real divorce rate.

The error that person made is that the pool of married people who are eligible to divorce is many times larger than the pool of people eligible to marry at any given time. It is why you can't determine divorce rates by looking at a comparison between how many are getting married at any given time with how many are getting divorced at any given time. These are not equal sized groups from which the people actually divorcing or marrying come- which makes it comparing apples and oranges to come up with total bullsit. The group that is eligible to divorce is 6-7 times larger than the group eligible to marry -if half of all marriages ended in divorce, the number divorcing at any given time would outstrip the number getting married at any given time and common sense would tell you right off the bat that a simple comparison of divorce versus wedding announcements is probably not going to give the true divorce rate which is nowhere near 50 percent.

Last edited:

pp.jpg

Because lesbians dress for their own comfort. Some women want to wear dresses and some want to wear pants. I've seen weddings where both women were in dresses or skirts. My own, for example. My wife and I were both in traditional Buddhist chuba skirts and zens and married by a Buddhist Lama.

Sometimes it's for play or humor.
Both couples looked attractive to me, and happy. Best wishes to them.

Maybe they're just taking advantage of the free tux rental offered by some bridal shops.

I don't know if they oppose masculine per se. I think the objection is to the nose picking, ass scratching, belching part of it.

I raised two daughters and had two sisters whilst growing up. Women do all of the above and they fart also.

True, but they don't do it with such enthusiasm and they don't make sure everyone knows about it.
Baruch, one of my best friends since age 16 certainly DID! : )

I have often been invited to celebrations at a notorious "gay" bar. I have always wondered about a few conundrums noted while there. First, all the obviously female patrons sported sensible hairstyles and shoes. They looked quite comfortable.
Second: Many of the otherwise "male" patrons wore high heels, high and tight skirts, and facial paint that obviously required hours of application. They tucked their 'equipment" between their buttcheecks (uncomfortable?).
Third: being proudly homosexual appears to mean dating a guy who looks like a cheap female hooker.
WTF!?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t2AVHSYj9s]Gay Marine Homecoming Kiss Goes Viral - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back