Lent 2017...are you observing...are you fasting, giving something up or...

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
...doing good deeds for Lent. I am not Catholic, but I am going to observer Lent for the first time this year. Doing without something to remind myself that others do without much more just seems like a good way to stay thankful for the blessings I have.

Some reading I found interesting...this first one is explanatory and the second is the one that I ran across that explains different ways to observer:

Observing Ash Wednesday not just for Catholics

No, Lent Isn't In The Bible. Here's Why It's A Good Thing Anyway | Christian News on Christian Today

Last edited:
...doing good deeds for Lent. I am not Catholic, but I am going to observer Lent for the first time this year. Doing without something to remind myself that others do without much more just seems like a good way to stay thankful for the blessings I have.

Some reading I found interesting...this first one is explanatory and the second is the one that I ran across that explains different ways to observer:

No, Lent Isn't In The Bible. Here's Why It's A Good Thing Anyway | Christian News on Christian Today

I'm giving up winning the lottery... :(

Soda, meat and booze...

I will be donating my time to help thy neighbors and might switch the booze for staying off here...

I am "abstaining" from playing silly games with silly chics; simply for the sake of public morals in modern times.

i don't mind arguing or oil wrestling with "help meets", to see who gets to "be on top in the relationship", for the week.

i love modern women in modern times, who can simply "bear true witness" to me, for fun and practice; and morals, simply for the "greater glory of our immortal souls".

I commend you. Sacrificing is one part of Lent. The other part is to commune with God (reflect/pray) during the time you would have spent doing whatever it is you are giving up to help bring you closer to Him.

Forum List

Back