Legalized Weed Linked to Spike in Car Crashes

yep....and if you were not on it you were left at the dock...
YEAH , I should have made clear I was going for laughs...I have long been an advocate of legalizing pot [and most other recreational drugs] but even those who advocated that position who are in a position to know recognize the dramatic increase in auto accidents while driving high, Bill Maher did a small segment on it.

And just because someone on weed crashes, it doesn't mean necessarily that it was because they were high.

Right on. Just because they were drinking alcohol when they crashed, doesn't necessarily because they were intoxicated either.

Not really a good argument.
The only part that doesn’t compute is you equating booze with weed.

yep....and if you were not on it you were left at the dock...
YEAH , I should have made clear I was going for laughs...I have long been an advocate of legalizing pot [and most other recreational drugs] but even those who advocated that position who are in a position to know recognize the dramatic increase in auto accidents while driving high, Bill Maher did a small segment on it.
drive while high and involved in an accident...you pay the price...

How many here have friends who were dopers back in the day, and they lived short lives because of it ??? Think about it.

Matters not how they ultimately met their demise, but did dope speed that along maybe ??

How many here have friends who were dopers back in the day, and they lived short lives because of it ??? Think about it.

Matters not how they ultimately met their demise, but did dope speed that along maybe ??
the ones i knew who died not only smoked pot but were drinkers and did either speed or coke...one died in a car wreck were he was speeding and lost control of the car,he was pretty drunk,but since he had pot in his system,of course to some people,that must have been why he was speeding...... but the pot smokers only, all are still around...many did pretty dam good too......

Or you could just take responsibility for not eating like a pig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't eat like a pig and you have proven in this thread you don't shit.

First of all, I do shit. Sometimes several times a day. It helps me lose weight. Secondly, I’m all for some legitimate medical uses if prescribed by a doctor. It’s used with a lot of success for epilepsy, crohn’s disease, and cancer treatment. But, when you talk about controlling diabetes, you better know exactly what you’re talking about. Diabetes kills people, and causes all kinds of medical issues. It might have some applications to help with diabetes. But I wouldn’t go off medication and try it by myself. But if you smoke enough, you can probably convince yourself of anything. Wouldn’t it make you hungrier? But that what Doritos are for, right.

all she said was it helps CONTROL diabetes....she did not imply what you are saying about going off medication...

It may.

unless pot lowers your blood sugar i doubt it....

It may and it may do a lot of other things:

• THCV is an appetite suppressant. In contrast to THC, THCV may dull the appetite. This may be good for consumers focused on weight loss, but THCV should be avoided by patients treating appetite loss or anorexia.
  • THCV may help with diabetes. Research shows promise in THCV’s ability to regulate blood sugar levels and reduce insulin resistance.
  • THCV may reduce panic attacks. It appears to curb anxiety attacks in PTSD patients without suppressing emotion.
  • THCV may help with Alzheimer’s. Tremors, motor control, and brain lesions associated with Alzheimer’s disease appear to be improved by THCV, but research is in progress.
  • THCV stimulates bone growth. Because it promotes the growth of new bone cells, THCV is being looked at for osteoporosis and other bone-related conditions.
What Is THCV and What Are the Benefits of This Cannabinoid?

Butch may use it to promote his bone growth since the women in the neighborhood said derogatory comments about his exceptionally small wee wee.

I haven't know anyone back in the 60's and 70's that have died as of yet and most have used all those years in between.

Why don't you go ask Willie Nelson and Tommy Chong.

Interesting watching all of the dopers spinning to justify the killing of innocents so they can feed their addiction.
Oh brother...

You sound just like a hyperventilating SJW.

Thanks for the insight Captain.
download (56).jpeg

Face it your body produces cannabinoids naturally..

Naturally occurring cannabinoids in the body
These receptors can be stimulated and modulated by compounds called endocannabinoids that are produced naturally in the body, like anandamide (ananda is the Sanskrit word for bliss); by ingesting a set of closely-related botanically-based phytocannabinoids like tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the cannabis plant's best .
How (and Why) Your Brain Makes Its Own Cannabinoids

Face it your body produces cannabinoids naturally..

Naturally occurring cannabinoids in the body
These receptors can be stimulated and modulated by compounds called endocannabinoids that are produced naturally in the body, like anandamide (ananda is the Sanskrit word for bliss); by ingesting a set of closely-related botanically-based phytocannabinoids like tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the cannabis plant's best .
How (and Why) Your Brain Makes Its Own Cannabinoids
Talk about rationalizing a habit!
Don’t even suggest that we all naturally produce pot in our bodies.
The sooner you acknowledge and respect the fact that pot is extremely bad for some people the better off and safer everyone will be.

I haven't know anyone back in the 60's and 70's that have died as of yet and most have used all those years in between.

Why don't you go ask Willie Nelson and Tommy Chong.
And then ask those who have had to deal with nightmarish consequences of pot.
I suppose people who smoke cigarettes all of their lives and never develop heart disease or emphysema or lung cancer prove that cigarette smoking is safe.

Forum List

Back