Legalize Pot and Tax It?

I don't know if we need to tax it. From what I have seen inside the criminal justice system, the drug laws are just a full employment scheme. Repeal the laws, and the need for government spending will decline precipitously.

Another day, another opportunity to whine about pot not being legalized. Some things never seem to change. You have to draw the line somewhere on drug use. The line has been drawn with pot. Get over it.

Another day, another opportunity to whine about pot not being legalized. Some things never seem to change. You have to draw the line somewhere on drug use. The line has been drawn with pot. Get over it.

We should probably draw the line somewhere on foods harmful to our bodies, too.

Too many people are getting fat and dying earlier in life. It's time to draw the line at Ho-Ho's.

:rolleyes:

Liberal Logic: "We enjoy this activity so lets get government to take control of it and fuck it all up".

Brilliant. :doubt:
How about using conservative logic, then:
"We enjoy this activity, and as long as it hurts NO ONE ELSE, the government has no business intervening, and certainly no constitutional authority to"
Maybe it didn't come across right. Gubamint should keep it's hands off yer' dope, that's what I'm sayin. But stop looking to the gubamint to straighten it all out, they have a crappy track record.

And when you are unemployable because you've smoked all yer' brain cells, it's your fault not the gubamints'.

Gubamint controlling something takes away some of the personal responsibility of the person doing it.

Liberal Logic: "We enjoy this activity so lets get government to take control of it and fuck it all up".

Brilliant. :doubt:
How about using conservative logic, then:
"We enjoy this activity, and as long as it hurts NO ONE ELSE, the government has no business intervening, and certainly no constitutional authority to"
Maybe it didn't come across right. Gubamint should keep it's hands off yer' dope, that's what I'm sayin. But stop looking to the gubamint to straighten it all out, they have a crappy track record.

And when you are unemployable because you've smoked all yer' brain cells, it's your fault not the gubamints'.

Gubamint controlling something takes away some of the personal responsibility of the person doing it.

Plenty of people smoke weed everyday and live financially successful lives with good jobs.

Too many people are getting fat and dying earlier in life. It's time to draw the line at Ho-Ho's.

People smoke Ho-Ho's????????

I quit smoking weed because for me personally, it was a hinderance.

I couldn't handle it the way I could when I was younger.

But that was my choice based on how it affected me personally.

Others have different results as their smoking life progresses.

People smoke Ho-Ho's????????

You know what I meant. Stop being obtuse.

I seriously doubt you'd support the banning of Ho-Ho eating because it was considered harmful to our health, so why support banning marijuana for that reason?

What's the difference between an edible health concern, and a smokable one?

DUMB ASS troll. The Government has a duty to protect the citizenry from certain things, illegal drugs is one of them. By the way Moon shining is STILL occurring with crime associated with it.

So let me get this straight..

The Government allows alchohol to be produced as long as it meets safety and purity standards.They also tax the hell out of it. If you moonshine and produce a product that is potentially harmful (and untaxed) they will arrest you

How is marijuana any different? Let people grow it. Make sure it meets government standards. Tax the shit out of it. And leave people the hell alone

Alcohol is legal because of an Amendment. You want pot legal? Get an amendment passed.

We don't get our rights from a God Damn Amendment! Besides, the 9th and 10th Amendments should carry some weight here, it is strange that the one fucking issue that conservatives could get behind regarding States Rights, the damn liberals are in control of! Where's that wall banking smiley when I need it!:evil:

So let me get this straight..

The Government allows alchohol to be produced as long as it meets safety and purity standards.They also tax the hell out of it. If you moonshine and produce a product that is potentially harmful (and untaxed) they will arrest you

How is marijuana any different? Let people grow it. Make sure it meets government standards. Tax the shit out of it. And leave people the hell alone

Alcohol is legal because of an Amendment. You want pot legal? Get an amendment passed.

We don't get our rights from a God Damn Amendment! Besides, the 9th and 10th Amendments should carry some weight here, it is strange that the one fucking issue that conservatives could get behind regarding States Rights, the damn liberals are in control of! Where's that wall banking smiley when I need it!:evil:

Yeah I like issues where the hard-core conservatives make themselves look like liberals.

Ban a food for health reasons? No.

Ban weed for health reasons? Yep.

What is it about you pot smokers that make the words "Not Legal" so hard to understand and accept? You're like little children with the arguements... Always whining, always offering up lame excuses for why it should be ok behavior, and never accepting what the general public desire as a norm. Same old shit all the time and the same old tired reasons why it should be ok. Come up with something new for a change...

My pot's always been legal and taxed, (when I bought it).

Cooking%20Pot.jpg

What is it about you pot smokers that make the words "Not Legal" so hard to understand and accept? You're like little children with the arguements... Always whining, always offering up lame excuses for why it should be ok behavior, and never accepting what the general public desire as a norm. Same old shit all the time and the same old tired reasons why it should be ok. Come up with something new for a change...

I hope the government takes away your right to eat your favorite foods and cites health as a reason.

I bet you'll keep your mouth shut and just "deal with it".

I gave them their answer, Create and pass an amendment making it legal. Stops every level of Government from making it illegal.

Behavior?

I'm tired of all these millions of FAT people eating shit with reckless abandon and then being incredibly lazy while doing so. I'm tired of their wide, slow asses taking up the space when walking down narrow aisles in stores, or trying to get to my seat at a ball game.

I'm tired of these bastards ending up in the hospital, driving up health care costs for the nation. I'm tired of our reputation around the world because of this, deteriorating.

But I'll never advocate a law against eating a specific food.

While I don't condone the nation's general fat-assery, I'll defend to the death your right to be fat.

When one uses the excuse that we can not stop it and we can tax it as the main defense for legalization one opens a can of worms.

Burglary and armed robbery can not be stopped either. House break ins account for MILLIONS of crimes a year. Lets legalize it, sell permits and tax the profits. We could be rolling in dough.

And don't start with the false claim that MJ does not harm anyone. It harms anyone that uses it. Even legalized.

The best justification for legalization is the doctrine of "no harm...no foul" Our prisons are overcrowded with non-violent drug offenders. I don't care if they sell it at the corner liquor store or not. Just stop arresting people for MJ offenses

There is harm. It harms everyone that uses it and their families. Currently it fuels crime and murder. Legalizing may or may not stop that. Funny how moonshine is still made illegally and sold. And crime occurs around that as well and it has been legal how long?

People murder for marijuana??? :eek:

and never accepting what the general public desire as a norm. .

Seems like Obama was considered the "norm" back in 08 and it didn't stop the whining. Should our rights be based on what society thinks is the "norm", perhaps we should just trash the Constitution, turn this country into a theocracy on one side and Marxist on the other and be done with it.

Can the actual small government "whiners" have a small island somewhere, by the looks of things, we only need a few acres.

The best justification for legalization is the doctrine of "no harm...no foul" Our prisons are overcrowded with non-violent drug offenders. I don't care if they sell it at the corner liquor store or not. Just stop arresting people for MJ offenses

There is harm. It harms everyone that uses it and their families. Currently it fuels crime and murder. Legalizing may or may not stop that. Funny how moonshine is still made illegally and sold. And crime occurs around that as well and it has been legal how long?

People murder for marijuana??? :eek:

I understand his point there.

He's probably talking about pot dealers who kill people in turf wars and such, or simply because someone beat the dealer in a deal gone bad.

It happens. But more so because weed is illegal, and the black market is a battlezone.

Personally, I have tried pot. Took a couple of hits on a joint being passed around. Didn't like it...didn't hate it. It just didn't do anything for me.
From a personal standpoint. I would just as soon not have it around. I don't like the smell

But I also don't like the idea of otherwise peaceful citizens being arrested for the simple act of smoking a joint. As a taxpayer, I don't want to pay to have them arrested, tried and incarcerated with my money. I would rather have them working and paying taxes

We have better things to do with our law enforcement dollar

Last edited:
So yeah. Legalize it. Every country that has is going through a phase of dehumanization. Prostitution and the sex trades now becomes a way of life. That is too high a price to pay.

Nice try

Countries with a liberal view towards pot smoking also have a liberal view towards sex trade

Of course. Because their on pot when they pass those laws. Do you want your children to be in the sex trade?

Forum List

Back