Leftist Shock Doctrine

yes, asshole, i know history
its YOU that doesnt

btw, you arent the only one that LIVED through it
so stop with your bullshit

If you have a point germane to the issue, by all means do try to make it.

I suggested that much of what Nixxon did, would, by the standards of today's clueless conservative crowd, make him a screaming liberal.

You disagree?

Okay, the Clean Air act. Nixon.

Wage and price controls, Nixon.

Do they sound like something today's so-called conservatives would approve of?

You see, DiveCon, the way one debates is that someone posit as hypothesis.

The way to debate that isn't merely to suggest that the person who posited that hypothoses doesn't knpw what he's talking about, but to support your refuation with facts or logic.

Try it in this case, if you dare.

Otherwise, don't waste your time trying to engage me in a mindless bout of name calling.

Put up or shut the fuck up.

I grow weary of nincompoopism like yours.

I don't believe anyone's arguing that Nixon didn't behave like a hard-right conservative, dolt. The argument is your inane classification of him as a conservative DESPITE the fact that he didn't act like one, and no one - except agenda-driven leftists - ever called him one.

Oh what revisionist bullshit!

I suggested that much of what Nixxon did, would, by the standards of today's clueless conservative crowd, make him a screaming liberal.

You disagree?

The way to debate that isn't merely to suggest that the person who posited that hypothoses doesn't knpw what he's talking about, but to support your refuation with facts or logic.

Otherwise, don't waste your time trying to engage me in a mindless bout of name calling.

I don't believe anyone's arguing that Nixon didn't behave like a hard-right conservative, dolt. The argument is your inane classification of him as a conservative DESPITE the fact that he didn't act like one, and no one - except agenda-driven leftists - ever called him one.

sure is, it's like saying churchill was responsible for both world wars. :lol:

I see you're still trying to post convincing arguments that are entirely content free.

Very convincing.

Really? That's HYSTERICAL... Charleton Heston walked arm in arm with The good Reverend Doctor Martin Luther King... Last I heard he qualified as a "Right Winger'

Ronald Reagan was national leader of the Labor Rights movement... It would be very interesting to see someone categorize Reagan as anything short of a HARD CORE RIGHT WINGER...

The simple fact is that Right wingers WERE suffrage, civil rights and the labor movement. We were the ones advocating that EACH be recognized on the BED-ROCK PRINCIPLES of Inalienable HUMAN RIGHTS; stating that with one's rights come responsibility and that where one bears the burden of the responsibility, one's rights cannot not be denied; that they MUST be acknowledged and that Right and Responsibility are INSEPERABLE....

The above post wins the award for the "Most Revisionist Nonsense" I have ever heard. I would even extend that to the most revisionist nonsense anyone has ever heard. Heston was a wacko at the end, and whether at one time he walked with King is irrelevant. Your second point is so absurd, the absurdity meter broke. Reagan fired union workers who had a right to strike, that action began the decline of the middle class in America as now corporations could do as they pleased. I was there and saw it firsthand.

Right wing ideologues are pro corporation and as such totally conflict with labor. You know absolutely no real history, get out of your echo chamber and think.

I doubt PubliusInfinitum will change when your ideas are this wrong, but it is important that an attempt is made to correct this nonsense. Readers and those interested in truth can consult some of the links below. Not all truths are completely true but thought and information helps.

A Short History of Conservative Obstruction to Progress | Conceptual Guerilla

Ronald Reagan and Medicare

Conservatism Is Dead
The Political Scene: The Fall of Conservatism: Reporting & Essays: The New Yorker
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Jesus-Would-Never-Ever-Republican/dp/1419697595/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1234527774&sr=1-1]Amazon.com: Why Jesus Would Never, Ever Vote Republican: Richard John Siviur: Books[/ame]
A Short History of Conservative Obstruction to Progress | Conceptual Guerilla
The Conservative Nanny State
What Is Conservatism and What Is Wrong with It?
"Why Conservatives Can't Govern" by Alan Wolfe
Paul Craig Roberts: The Mother of All Messes

"What improves the circumstances of the greater part can never be regarded as an inconveniency to the whole. No society can surely be flourishing and happy, of which the far greater part of the members are poor and miserable." Adam Smith, The Wealth of Nations

:lol:

It's truly hilarious that rightwingers are trying to align themselves with the labor movement, with Ceasar Chavez, and with Martin Luther King.

Has rightwingism been so discredited that they are reduced to trying to cling to great progressive heroes and heroines of the civil rights and labor movements? :lol:

It doesn't matter what Pubic Infinitum claims. We all know who Caesar Chavez and MLK would be voting for and supporting today: Bernie Sanders and Dennis Kucinich....not John Boner, Newt Gingrich, and Jeff Sessions. :lol:

As we keep saying, conservatives just think liberals are stupid and misled. Liberals insist on believing that conservatives are evil.

Can we say "cognitive dissonance" my Dear? That is total crap. What a delusional world you must live in.

Unlike you, I can not only say it, I can define it and use it correctly in a sentence. I also know the definition of the word "dear", and since I think you're one of the dumbest pieces of nominally human detritus floating around this board, I'd say you misused THAT one, too.

I will repeat this again: the extremes of both sides fit your last description. Talk about living on the River Denile.

Did I say I was talking about extreme fringes? No, I don't believe I did. Try reading for comprehension.

What you are saying is that conservatives are logical rational folks while liberals (who outnumber you) are the crazy ones.

Nope. I didn't say either side was necessarily CORRECT in their viewpoint. I merely said that conservatives don't feel the need to paint their opposition with such an emotional brush.

I will say Cheney is evil. That is not saying all conservatives are evil like your post says about all liberals. Cheney is an evil little man who sees the whole world in his own suspicious personality.

Oh, you will say that, will you? You've met him personally, have you? Sat and talked to him over coffee? No? Then you just judged a conservative as evil based merely on his positions disagreeing with you and proved my point, asshat.

Thanks for playing. Move along.

Editec knows his history. Hell, he lived though enough of it.

Do you?

Apparently no.

And you're thinking what? That everyone else just dropped in out of nowhere this afternoon? We all lived through history, dumbass. SOME of us remember it, and apply logic to it.

Proably true, but Dive Con is not of that class, as should be evident by his posts.

Nixon was not a conservative by today's standards, and he wasn't a conservative by the standards of his time.

I could easily sign onto that theory. But by the standards of HIS day, he was most assurdedly a conservative.

Didn't you just excoriate Dive for a similar assertion without evidence? Well, let's see YOUR evidence that 1) Nixon was a conservative by his day's standards, 2) anyone other than left-wingers ever considered him such, and 3) that politics have moved to the right since then.

Had he not offended the left by opposing communist spying while in Congress, he would have been the type of Republican the media delights in describing as a "maverick" and fawns over until he becomes of no further use to their agenda. See: John McCain.

Bobbie Keneddy and Nixxon were both cold warriors, actually.

ROFL Yeah, okay. Not only irrelevant, but not comparable.

People grew to loathe Nixon for things beyond that, I think.

We're not talking about "people", dunce. We're talking about political opponents.

None of this is relevant to my original point, however.

Sure it is. Nixon wasn't a conservative. He was a moderate-to-liberal Republican of the stripe that is normally adored and fawned over by the left and the media. The only reason he wasn't was because he had already pissed them off earlier in his career. It certainly wasn't because of his rock-ribbed conservative stances and policies.

By the standards of today's so-called conservatives, NiXXon would be thought a screaming liberal.

By the standards of conservatives then, too.

Don't you find it rather odd that the so-called conservavtives of tdoay, keep denying that the people that so-called conservatives put into office are conservatives?

You should probably learn to differentiate between Republicans and conservatives. They are neither synonymous nor interchangeable.

And just because conservatives pragmatically vote for the lesser of two evils when they have to doesn't make them slavering zealot partisans of said lesser evil.

Nixon is, according to Pubbie, not a conservative.

Bush II is, according to some here, not a conservative either.

Bush has never been considered a conservative by anyone other than left-wingers desperate to attack him and use him to attack their political opponents. You really shouldn't believe your own press releases.

You guys seem to have trouble indentifying real conservatives BEFORE you elect them.

Why is that?

We don't have any trouble with it. We know perfectly well that some of our candidates are less-than-ideal conservatives, and feel no need to pretend otherwise. Perhaps if we had a narrow, small-tent party to work with like the liberals do with the Democrats, it would be different. But since we're required to accommodate such a large range of positions, it requires compromise sometimes.

You honestly believe that 'liberals are responsible for every advancement society has made'??

You're showing signs of a severe brainwashing, jill

It was not a post of accuracy, but rather a post of baseless crapola and slogans

I disagree. For Jillian to be brainwashed, she would first require a brain to wash.

You disagree?

Oh, well, since YOU say so, and offer the incontrovertible evidence that you say so, I guess I must retract my statement and retire in defeat.

Or I could just tell you that your opinion doesn't carry the weight of a puff of warm hydrogen, and go back to waiting in vain for you to offer something substantial. I won't hold my breath.

pres bush may not have been considered anything but a neoconservative and republican by his supporters....

so yeah, maybe he wasn't considered a ''conservative'' but he was considered a neoconservative by many and a social conservative by many and a Republican BY ALL.

Last edited:

You disagree?

no, i disagree that there has been a change in conservative values
Nixon was NEVER seen as conservative, EVER

and everyone is sick of your condescending bullshit

I note that you have, per usual, nothing to support your arguments except you childish insistence that you are right.

Instead of spewing your ignorant nonsense and attempting to insult your betters who are schooling you, you might be better served sitting down and reading a book or something.
fuck off asshole
you didnt post anything but your own opinion, why am I required to post something else beyond mine

Editec knows his history. Hell, he lived though enough of it.

Do you?

Apparently no.

And you're thinking what? That everyone else just dropped in out of nowhere this afternoon? We all lived through history, dumbass. SOME of us remember it, and apply logic to it.

Proably true, but Dive Con is not of that class, as should be evident by his posts.

Nixon was not a conservative by today's standards, and he wasn't a conservative by the standards of his time.

I could easily sign onto that theory. But by the standards of HIS day, he was most assurdedly a conservative.

Had he not offended the left by opposing communist spying while in Congress, he would have been the type of Republican the media delights in describing as a "maverick" and fawns over until he becomes of no further use to their agenda. See: John McCain.

Bobbie Keneddy and Nixxon were both cold warriors, actually.

People grew to loathe Nixon for things beyond that, I think.

None of this is relevant to my original point, however.

By the standards of today's so-called conservatives, NiXXon would be thought a screaming liberal.

Don't you find it rather odd that the so-called conservavtives of tdoay, keep denying that the people that so-called conservatives put into office are conservatives?

Nixon is, according to Pubbie, not a conservative.

Bush II is, according to some here, not a conservative either.

You guys seem to have trouble indentifying real conservatives BEFORE you elect them.

Why is that?
again asshole, you are a fucking idiot if you think you know ANYTHING about me
you DONT
so stop trying to act like you do

you need to put down the kool aid.

Liberals are responsible for every advance society has ever made. If it were not for "liberals", we would still be under church rule in the Dark Ages and this country wouldn't exist because the people who founded it were radicals. The conservatives of that day were Tories.

Reality: Liberals want to move society ahead and have an equal application of rights and privileges... in other words, a level playing field. Conservatives, who are actual conservatives and not the fire breathing "jesus is a republican" types, are the people who are supposed to, under ideal circumstances, say "whoa, nellie, slow down, pay attention and look at what you're doing before you go galavanting into new territory". I see them as kind of the bankers of the political world... the smart guys in the room who are supposed to make you assess and be a little more cautious.

Unfortunately, that concept of conservatism has been perverted by neo-cons and right wing reactionaries who call themselves conservatives.

But the truth is, if conservatives had their way in toto, we'd still belive the earth was flat since it was a radical idea to believe otherwise.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Awesome troll post! Keep it up! :clap2:

bummer for you everything in their was accurate.
like hell it was
you are as delusional as ravi and editec

You disagree?

yeah, you are using revisionist history
you are LYING

pres bush may not have been considered anything but a neoconservative and republican by his supporters....

so yeah, maybe he wasn't considered a ''conservative'' but he was considered a neoconservative by many and a social conservative by many and a Republican BY ALL.
not all republicans are conservatives

And we don't generally consider anyone a "neo-conservative", which is basically just a meaningless liberal bullshit term meant to convey no more information than "We don't like him". Conservatives considered President Bush a mostly-moderate Republican. Actually, I think ALL of the Republicans saw him that way, because I actually remember that being touted as one of his big selling points in the first campaign. It's why I didn't like him as a candidate.

And we don't generally consider anyone a "neo-conservative", which is basically just a meaningless liberal bullshit term meant to convey no more information than "We don't like him". Conservatives considered President Bush a mostly-moderate Republican. Actually, I think ALL of the Republicans saw him that way, because I actually remember that being touted as one of his big selling points in the first campaign. It's why I didn't like him as a candidate.
Bush is similar to a neocon
he is vastly more liberal than most conservatives, the only saving grace was he was also for a strong military and was not scared to use it
neocons are basicly former democrats that were more for a strong military

the difference rightwing ideology is discredited. Deregulation, NAFTA, and privitizing social security isn't popular and never was.

spending on infrastructure, education, and medicaid has a real constituency. Most people like that shit.

You left out a few: redistribution of wealth, raising taxes, bigger government. People love that!

The misconception that Conservatives are against any change or advancement.... more liberal sloganeering based on an absolute fallacy

and liberals are responsible for every advancement in society... LMFAO....

The scary thing is that most of these Libs truly believe the idiotic statements she just typed! They truly believe they are the most intelligent, right minded group in the world and that all of their ideas are always right and the only idea worth following .Their hatred of anything different from their's and anyone not agreeing with everything they believe in would be laughable it it were not true.

How do I back these assertions up...simply put ,I read the blogs and responses every day on these boards.

And they will blindly follow this president off the cliff shouting all the way down that their ways are right.

Forum List

Back