Left or right : Do you support these five ideas?

The 5

• Total voters
no,1 a balanced budget is a pipe dream, 2 if a tax increase is necessary(as can happen when you have troops deployed in 2 war zones) i would support said increase, i love this country and gladly pay th taxes that keep it running,3 i kind of agree with but i would emphasize a manhattan project style effort that would search for newer alternative energies so we could eventually not need oil at all.4 is an unamerican measure and we should not run scared and close the borders, we are a great nation built by immigrants.5 we are a great nation and what makes us great is the ability to admit to and learn from our mistakes.
My beliefs exactly, except for #4. I think open unchecked borders would amount to illegal labor unfairly undercutting citizens who need more income than what the Mexicans are willing to work for.

1. I believe in a balanced budget and therefore will vote for a freeze in government spending until that goal is realized.

2. I believe government should not increase the financial burden on the citizenry during difficult economic times therefore I will oppose all tax increases until our economy has rebounded.

3. I believe more than four decades of U.S. dependence on foreign oil is a travesty therefore I will support an energy plan that calls for immediately increasing usage of all domestic resources including nuclear energy, natural gas, (of course OIL), and coal as necessary.

4. I believe in the sovereignty and security of our country and therefore will support measures to close our borders except for designated immigration points so we will know who is entering and why and I will vehemently oppose any measure giving another country, the United Nations, or any other entity (including CZARS - unapproved by Congress), power over U.S. citizens.

5. I believe the United States of America is the greatest country on earth and therefore will not apologize for policies or actions which have served to free more and feed more people around the world than any other nation on the planet.

1. Good luck
2. Good luck
3. Not no, hell no, buy more. If the experts are right the Middle East will be out of oil within 50 years and America is sitting on some of the largest deposits of oil in the world.
4. Better border control, not closure. Someone introduced a bill for congressional approval of all Czars, here's to it's passage (good luck). I won't even tell you what I think of the UN.
5. Nuke em, nuke em all. :eek:

1. I believe in a balanced budget and therefore will vote for a freeze in government spending until that goal is realized.

2. I believe government should not increase the financial burden on the citizenry during difficult economic times therefore I will oppose all tax increases until our economy has rebounded.

3. I believe more than four decades of U.S. dependence on foreign oil is a travesty therefore I will support an energy plan that calls for immediately increasing usage of all domestic resources including nuclear energy, natural gas, (of course OIL), and coal as necessary.

4. I believe in the sovereignty and security of our country and therefore will support measures to close our borders except for designated immigration points so we will know who is entering and why and I will vehemently oppose any measure giving another country, the United Nations, or any other entity (including CZARS - unapproved by Congress), power over U.S. citizens.

5. I believe the United States of America is the greatest country on earth and therefore will not apologize for policies or actions which have served to free more and feed more people around the world than any other nation on the planet.
i agree with most
i dont agree with closing the borders, but we sure do need to secure them

1. No its not really possible. The US government is the biggest employer in the nation. I guess by freezing spending that would mean more people aren't working so its making our situation alot worse.

2. Opposing tax increases on who? Will be a regressive tax who puts the burden of taxes on the ones least able to pay? Or will it tax the rich because they can afford it? I mean I understand the logic of not wanting too many taxes on the rich but are tehy struggling to survive? I don't think so. I have struggled to survive before and trust me if you make over 250K a year, you aren't struggling. You aren't struggling if you make 60K

3. I support an energy plan that gets our dependence of foreign oil AND supports grants for research in finding alternative energy sources at universities. I know some oil companies put money into research but their cash cow is oil right now and will be for maybe another 40 years. Energy Citizens is a joke because if the oil runs out, gas will be 4 dollars a gallon.

4. Ok this idea is just too ridiculous to even think about. Its that "America is the Greatest" which is great.....on independence day. But other countries have ideas too and we should listen and consider them. We aren't the greatest country at everything.

5. Why should we take care of the world's problems when we can't even take care of our own people? I mean everybody needs to be taken care of in America. If we don't like what another country is doing, ignore it. We don't need to be the world police.

No one who lives in the real world lives in a world of belief, except ideologues, for the pragmatic and reasonable, life is about what works particularly in politics and the the economy.

The credo of the anarchist.

The credo of a realist.

"The peculiar internal tension of liberal constitutions is that they constrain power even as they authorize it—that is, they attempt to curb the despotic power and ambitions of individual rulers and officials and, by doing so, to permit stronger systemic capacities." Paul Starr in Freedom's Power

Well, yes... "liberal" as in that which is established upon the shifting sands of moral relativism; a species of reasoning common to secular humanism: AKA: Realism... OKA: LEFT-THINK... I.e.: A species of reasoning hostile to the concept known as America: Anti-Americanism.

The US Constitution does not fall into this category.

The US Constitution rests upon the framework of immutable principles which were established as such, in the US Declaration of Independence. And while the "liberal" rationalizations have undermined the recognition of those principles over the years... and thus have undermine the viability of such...

Americans are no way asking for 'stronger systematic capacities...' However, those adhering to the principle-less notions of the Ideological LEFT are; and have since their infestation of the US culture in the mid to late 19th Century, are not ust asking for such, they're DEMANDING such... and therein, lies the basis for the looming civil war, which will inevitably result in United States returning to her American foundation.

Again... there's nothing particular complex about this; it only becomes so when those who adhere to anti-American reasoning; that which is hostile to the very CONCEPT of America, try to wedge that foreign reasoning into the intrinsic domestic concept and then reject their responsibility for having pushed the nation off its constitutional moorings...

Last edited:
I voted "some" due to the "Closed Border" element...

The US has had open borders since its inception...

Those OPEN borders were NEVER a problem until the US embraced Leftism and the Social Entitlements mind set...

Much as an 'open bar' invitees party crashers... the big-spender policies of the Left which seek to pay for every NEED of every possible problem that anyone who shows up might present, is responsible for the PROBLEM of SUPPORTING ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS...

I for one don't have a problem with immigrants who cross the border and intend to sustain themselves through their own means to do so.

That's how my progenitors did it... No one gave them a DAMN THING! If they got sick... they freakin' suffered... and so far, most have died. That's life...

America as a principle doesn't promise you a DAMN THING, except the right to pursue your dreams...

Want to stop the flow of illegal immigrants looking for a free ride? STOP THE FREE RIDES...

Again... it's not a complex issue... it only becomes complex when one tries to introduce invalid reasoning... and DEMANDS that such is otherwise.

And here I thought it was Reagan who granted unfettered amnesty.

The credo of a realist.

"The peculiar internal tension of liberal constitutions is that they constrain power even as they authorize it—that is, they attempt to curb the despotic power and ambitions of individual rulers and officials and, by doing so, to permit stronger systemic capacities." Paul Starr in Freedom's Power

Well, yes... "liberal" as in that which is established upon the shifting sands of moral relativism; a species of reasoning common to secular humanism: AKA: Realism... OKA: LEFT-THINK... I.e.: A species of reasoning hostile to the concept known as America: Anti-Americanism.

The US Constitution rests upon the framework of immutable principles which were established as such, in the US Declaration of Independence. And while the "liberal" rationalizations have undermined the recognition of those principles over the years... and thus have undermine the viability of such...

Americans are no way asking for 'stronger systematic capacities...' However, those adhering to the principle-less notions of the Ideological LEFT are; and have since their infestation of the US culture in the mid to late 19th Century, are not ust asking for such, they're DEMANDING such... and therein, lies the basis for the looming civil war, which will inevitably result in United States returning to her American foundation.

Again... there's nothing particular complex about this; it only becomes so when those who adhere to anti-American reasoning; that which is hostile to the very CONCEPT of America, try to wedge that foreign reasoning into the intrinsic domestic concept and then reject their responsibility for having pushed the nation off its constitutional moorings...

Oh yawn...another boring diatribe to impress us. Frankly, I think you plagiarize most of what you post, but I'm not even interested in checking that out.

The credo of a realist.

Oh yawn...another boring diatribe to impress us. Frankly, I think you plagiarize most of what you post, but I'm not even interested in checking that out.

ROFL... So I'm boring? Now that hurts...

But it is hysterical that you make such a claim on the back of your sole tactic of running from what ever argument is at issue... although I gotta say, the plagerism charge is a neat twist.

That it undermines your entire thesis is just a delicious rhetorical cherry... which i'll leave to you to puzzle over...

LOL...

Leftists...

1. I do not support a spending freeze or a balanced budget. Some debt isnt an altogether undesirable condition. I would support a something like the EU's Stability and Growth pact mandating that an annual budget deficit be no higher than 3% of GDP and a national debt lower than 60% of GDP. Of course I would like to see lower debt and would like to see a drastic reduction in government spending.

2. During poor economic times the people are generally desiring more help from their government and the government is taking in less resources to help those people. So your balanced budget idea coupled with this might not be the best of ideas. But I am generally against taxes so eh...

3. Stuff like nuclear energy, natural gas, and coal are necessary... for electricity. Currently most oil is used for transportation such as cars, trucks, etc, which is stuff that doesnt run on electricity. So to remedy our dependence on oil we have to undertake tremendous changes such as switching over to electric cars and some changes in infrastructure.

4. I believe we should allow more legal immigration into the United States. We are nation of immigrants. "Give me your poor, your tired, your huddled masses..."

5. America is a great country but we are not free of mistakes and flawes. To not acknowledge these mistakes is counter productive.

I just want to see government run more like an average American household.

Is it prudent to spend within your means? Heck yeah, but when the roof needs to be fixed or the car is kaput there are also responsible reasons to borrow.

If the family budget is out of hand, there are two ways to fix it: Spend less, and/or make more. If (after an actual effort) not enough of the former can be done, then it becomes necessary to do the latter.

I don't know that there's a real analogy in the average home for #3, so I reiterate my position of increasing domestic oil, gas, etc. while also investing in development of bew technologies so there is actually a log-term solution. I'm tired of band-aids to get us through the next election cycle being pawned off as as policy.

Does the average American leave their doors wide open day and night, allowing anybody to walk into their homes? No. But they don't brick up the doors either. The key to the borders is security, not closure.

Who do you respect more, the person who is big enough to admit a mistake and move on? Or the troll who is constantly claiming victory deserved or otherwise?

No one who lives in the real world lives in a world of belief, except ideologues, for the pragmatic and reasonable, life is about what works particularly in politics and the the economy.

(sigh) It is called pragmatism, the credo of the Progressives.

Dude, go read a little history. Tells you what, bucko -- go look up Teddy R and come back tells us whats you found out.

(sigh)

Not by any stretch.

Midcant is nearly as big a practitioner of situational ethics and moral relativism as are you.

And Libertarians aren't anarchists. Thery're staunch supporters of a set of rules known as "the Constitution".

Pretty weak attempt.

Libertarians are supposedly about economic liberty, until one of their daughters get caught yoking off a drug dealer so she can get her drugs.

Then they call for laws to stop the capitalist drug dealers (supply and demand, you know).

The Libertarian creed is nothing more than, "Get off my land."

Libertarians, grow up.

The credo of a realist.

The dogma is straight John Birch Society drivel.

Is this from Becks show? It really really sounds like him. I can almost see him crying now..oh and saying..."get off my phone"..

Forum List

Back