Left has meltdown over impending demise of Biden student loan debt shifting scheme.

Yes, we have insidious slavery in America.

It's done thru debt. Almost everyone gets credit, which makes it possible to buy thing that they really can't afford. That in turn drives up the price of everything which means that people can only afford to buy things by going further into debt. It's a vicious cycle.

Nobody is forcing anyone to buy things on credit that they can’t afford. That’s just financial irresponsibility. Hardly slavery.
In the end, everyone has mortgaged their lives away. The banks own our houses and our houses own us. It's insidious slavery.

That‘s not slavery, either. Buy a house within your means, and you will own it free and clear in 25 or 30 years. Or, if a person doesn’t want to make that commitment, he/she/it/they can always rent instead.
Remember when people had to save their money in order to buy things?

People can still do that. They need a new dishwasher? They always could set aside $200 a month for a few months, wash dishes by hand in the meantime, and then buy it with cash. How is that slavery?
If credit were illegal and people had to save to buy things, prices would drop like a rock - and we'd be a free people.

If credit we’re illegal, nobody could buy a home and gradually pay it off, ending up with a nice nest egg for retirement and old age.
Student loans are a slavery scam. People have to get a degree to get a decent job (mostly) or they get paid shit wages. To get a degree they have to go into debt. So they spend most of their adult lives paying down that debt. They can't risk quitting their jobs because of their debt. They have no choices in life. They are slaves.
Also not slavery. And they don’t have to go into debt, or much of it anyway, via a number of avenues. And as far as grad school, I know people who borrowed $200,000 - and now are making close to a million. It’s not slavery - it’s an investment in one’s future earnings potential.
You really believe that $31 trillion in government debt went to vote buying? Seriously? Where's my share? I vote Democrat and nobody ever gave me a cent! Doesn't matter - I'd take the money and vote for who I wanted anyway - so I guess that vote buying wouldn't work...guess again!
Maybe not you, but LOTS of people voted for Biden because he promised to forgive their student loans.

Do they really have a choice?

Contracts are only valid if people have a viable choice.
As you know, they have many choices. The problem comes from the government dangling cheap money in front of them to stay in school a few more years and PARTEEEE!

Attend a community college for two years then transfer to an instate states college. Keep your grades UP and qualify for state grants. Work full-time or, at the very least, part-time. Take less than a full-time schedule if necessary, and take five years to complete a four-year degree.

I did it without a loan but I did it when costs were much, much lower, even private colleges. In the mid-sixties.

Then PLEASE clearly show us where the executive branch has the authority to spend without first being authorized by Congress.
The spending to disburse the student loans was passed long ago. This isn't actually about spending.

Do they really have a choice?

Contracts are only valid if people have a viable choice.
Huh? How did they not have a choice? They could have delayed college by a couple of years and banked $60k, or started at community college and gotten an academic transfer scholarship for the next two years, or gone part-time and worked full-time (especially great if your employers subsidizes your tuition), lots of possibilities to hold debt to a minimum and still have a college degree by one’s mid-20s.

As you know, they have many choices. The problem comes from the government dangling cheap money in front of them to stay in school a few more years and PARTEEEE!

Attend a community college for two years then transfer to an instate states college. Keep your grades UP and qualify for state grants. Work full-time or, at the very least, part-time. Take less than a full-time schedule if necessary, and take five years to complete a four-year degree.

I did it without a loan but I did it when costs were much, much lower, even private colleges. In the mid-sixties.
Wow. great minds think alike! (Look at what I wrote while you were writing yours.)

And as far as PARTEEEE!!…..can you imagine what will happen if kids are given free college? No investment on their part at all. Every Tom, Dick, and Harry will be going to college, dumbing down the entire program in the process.

Your question has a false premise. This program does not increase the tax burden of the mechanic and their wife.
How does it not affect the mechanic, plumber, and electrician? The banks get paid, the schools get paid it is TAXPAYERS who foot the bill.

How does it not affect the mechanic, plumber, and electrician? The banks get paid, the schools get paid it is TAXPAYERS who foot the bill.
That guy is a leftist, He thinks money grows on trees.

They just won’t face that when free stuff is given to some people, OTHER people bear the cost.

Last edited:
Wow. great minds think alike! (Look at what I wrote while you were writing yours.)

And as far as PARTEEEE!!…..can you imagine what will happen if kids are given free college? No investment on their part at all. Every Tom, Dick, and Harry will be going to college, dumbing down the entire program in the process.
It would be much like Scandinavian countries that pay for college forever. They have a multitude of professional students and one of the highest alcoholism rates in the world.

The leftist named Donald who compared paying a mortgage to slavery shows the difference in mindsets between Democrats and Republicans:

Democrats think that choosing to buy something with the help of borrowed money, like for a house, makes one a slave. IOW, making a choice and honoring one’s financial obligations is seen as slavery.

I, OTOH, am thankful for the system of mortgages. Otherwise, I could never have owned a home. I get great satisfaction knowing that I am enjoying living in an upscale townhome - I’d have to pay to live somewhere! - while simultaneously working toward free and clear ownership of a $750,000 property. What a great system!

In today's world, that is nearly IMPOSSIBLE, unless you have parents who can afford it.

When I was young, I could work full time all summer and during school breaks and part time throughout the school year and pay for most all of it, my parents funded room and board....

This is no longer the case.

It's a, What comes first? A chicken or the egg situation imo...

Did the prices of schooling rise first before the push towards student loans, or did student loans cause the schools to raise their prices???
Student loans enabled institutions to raise their prices. More demand, higher prices. Pretty simple.

The leftist named Donald who compared paying a mortgage to slavery shows the difference in mindsets between Democrats and Republicans:

Democrats think that choosing to buy something with the help of borrowed money, like for a house, makes one a slave. IOW, making a choice and honoring one’s financial obligations is seen as slavery.

I, OTOH, am thankful for the system of mortgages. Otherwise, I could never have owned a home. I get great satisfaction knowing that I am enjoying living in an upscale townhome - I’d have to pay to live somewhere! - while simultaneously working toward free and clear ownership of a $750,000 property. What a great system!

The Democrats really changed our world, didn't they? Repaying a loan used to be called responsibility. Thanks to liberals it's now called slavery. :eusa_shhh:

When I was in my early 30s my landlord secretly informed me that he was thinking of selling the place. At that point I started to look around to buy a rental property of my own instead of renting. Long story short, after looking around and looking around, my father suggested I ask my landlord if he'd sell me the place I lived in since I always loved living here so much and the landlord didn't want other tenants to know he was selling them out. I responded by telling my father a place this size was likely out of my price range, but I asked the landlord about it anyway.

We ended up working out a deal and I got a great price. Now retired, it was proven to be the best deal I ever made in my life. I would have a hard time living on SS alone now that I'm finally this age.

You guys are morons. The Supreme Court cannot make policy and if they try Biden should just ignore their asses. Having said that, he can't waive loans. That isn't in his scope and I suspect he know that. It's an election pander that will probably work well when it comes time to blame the republicans for not addressing school loans. I don't approve but Biden is allowed one flaw with so much else going well.

One flaw? Were you in a coma and just got out of it? Everything he touches got flawed.

The Democrats really changed our world, didn't they? Repaying a loan used to be called responsibility. Thanks to liberals it's now called slavery. :eusa_shhh:

When I was in my early 30s my landlord secretly informed me that he was thinking of selling the place. At that point I started to look around to buy a rental property of my own instead of renting. Long story short, after looking around and looking around, my father suggested I ask my landlord if he'd sell me the place I lived in since I always loved living here so much and the landlord didn't want other tenants to know he was selling them out. I responded by telling my father a place this size was likely out of my price range, but I asked the landlord about it anyway.

We ended up working out a deal and I got a great price. Now retired, it was proven to be the best deal I ever made in my life. I would have a hard time living on SS alone now that I'm finally this age.
I had been a Realtor for about two years when the house we were renting came up for sale. There was no way we could really qualify for the mortgage but, that was a time when local lenders could make their own decisions. My broker kept my $500.00 binder check in his desk.i I couldn't cover $500. He signed and then gave me the employment verification form telling me to not get too carried away. I called the lender and asked what I needed to make in order to qualify for the loan. He told me (a friend) and I wrote that down. At that point, I had not made anything close to that in real estate. The seller agreed to my offer with them paying all my closing costs plus paying me a 6% commission which covered my 5% downpayment. It all worked out well for everyone concerned.

Last edited:
So you're telling me about something you have no experience in vs somebody that spent a life doing it?

I see you now have to pretend I didn't post facts about your claims. Okay. I accept your de facto concession. I merely fact checked your own claims. So you're telling us stuff you deliberately misrepresented?

I see you now have to pretend I didn't post facts about your claims. Okay. I accept your de facto concession. I merely fact checked your own claims. So you're telling us stuff you deliberately misrepresented?

How did I misrepresent it? The truth of the matter is that when divided out by actual hours worked, yes, bricklayers make that kind of money. Trust me, my father did it his entire life and I even joined the union for a while when I was younger.

How did I misrepresent it? The truth of the matter is that when divided out by actual hours worked, yes, bricklayers make that kind of money. Trust me, my father did it his entire life and I even joined the union for a while when I was younger.

And you made $50 an hour as an apprentice, and the other poster's Dad made more than that. Everybody on the innernetz makes tons of money, yet they squeal over minimum wage being $11 an hour. lol yeah right.

Forum List

Back