Left has meltdown over impending demise of Biden student loan debt shifting scheme.

The solution to that is simple: don't take out any loans for college. Pay for it or most of it with cash.
In today's world, that is nearly IMPOSSIBLE, unless you have parents who can afford it.

When I was young, I could work full time all summer and during school breaks and part time throughout the school year and pay for most all of it, my parents funded room and board....

This is no longer the case.

It's a, What comes first? A chicken or the egg situation imo...

Did the prices of schooling rise first before the push towards student loans, or did student loans cause the schools to raise their prices???

In today's world, that is nearly IMPOSSIBLE, unless you have parents who can afford it.

When I was young, I could work full time all summer and during school breaks and part time throughout the school year and pay for most all of it, my parents funded room and board....

Did the prices of schooling rise first before the push towards student loans, or did student loans cause the schools to raise their prices???
Of course one can get a college degree with minimal or no debt:

1) Start with community college, which is paid for if you’re lower-income and very affordable if you’re not.

2) Maintain a 3.0 GPA at community college, which is quite doable for a decent student.

3) Take advantage of academic transfer scholarships at State U. That will drop your tuition to $10,000 a year, at most, and for only two years.

4) Get a work-study job during school and full-time work during summer. You should be able to earn $5,000 over the summer alone, and another $5,000 over the school year.

Done!

The Dems having the feds take over the student loan businese did it.

Those who will not enable themselves to take care of themselves we will not repeatedly bail out

What you didn't add in your calculations is that bricklayers don''t work in the winter. They are on unemployment from November through March depending on the weather in those questionable beginning and ending months. They also don't work in the rain which we get a hell of a lot of in Cleveland. When it comes from the west it hits Cleveland. When it comes from the great lakes it hits Cleveland. When it comes from the Gulf it hits Cleveland.

Y, I clearly state they don't work all year round, and the pay estimates are all based on year round work, all 52 weeks a year for an apprentice to make $41+ K a year. Most states require a continuous year of employment to draw unemployment. Ohio is apparently different. and your complaint was about attracting apprentices. They won't see $50 an hour' for a long time, if ever.

I asked you yesterday to provide a link where I said I had a Hyundai.

So far you have failed.

Tick….tic….
You must be ashamed. You own a Hyundai, not that there's anything wrong with that. :abgg2q.jpg:

When he retired April 2000, after working one day in March, he made >$600/day, working 200-210 dsys a year,
And was still able to collect NYS unemployment the winter before.
Hooray, NY Democrats.

$120K a year isn't much for living in NY. It's almost as bad as California. You have Federal withholding as well as a high state payroll tax.

Y, I clearly state they don't work all year round, and the pay estimates are all based on year round work, all 52 weeks a year for an apprentice to make $41+ K a year. Most states require a continuous year of employment to draw unemployment. Ohio is apparently different. and your complaint was about attracting apprentices. They won't see $50 an hour' for a long time, if ever.

So you're telling me about something you have no experience in vs somebody that spent a life doing it?

Again, supply and demand.

As I stated earlier, there is no law that says you must attend college straight from high school. Live with Mom and Dad for a few years while you work a full-time job. Even if you get a job at Amazon or something for $18.00 an hour which many jobs pay now a days, that's over 37K per year with no overtime. In three years that's over 110K minus taxes.

After three years of working THEN attend college. During the summer get another full-time job while college is off to replenish your college funds. If you're real aggressive, a part-time job after school as well.

So no, it's not impossible in any way or form. It's very possible.

The law clearly gives Biden the authority to forgive student debt.

SCOTUS would have to rewrite the law to stop him, but that’s sort of their thing now.
Then PLEASE clearly show us where the executive branch has the authority to spend without first being authorized by Congress.

You guys are morons. The Supreme Court cannot make policy and if they try Biden should just ignore their asses. Having said that, he can't waive loans. That isn't in his scope and I suspect he know that. It's an election pander that will probably work well when it comes time to blame the republicans for not addressing school loans. I don't approve but Biden is allowed one flaw with so much else going well.

Forum List

Back