Left blamed Bush for 9/11 because he ignored signs. Is Obama to blame for Boston

Downing Street memo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

C reported on his recent talks in Washington. There was a perceptible shift in attitude. Military action was now seen as inevitable. Bush wanted to remove Saddam, through military action, justified by the conjunction of terrorism and WMD. But the intelligence and facts were being fixed around the policy. The NSC had no patience with the UN route, and no enthusiasm for publishing material on the Iraqi regime's record. There was little discussion in Washington of the aftermath after military action.

Sounds like they screwed up the interview and background check. Should they be held responsible for incompetence?

Should the guy that did the interview be fired?

As Clayton Jones already pointed out:

In January 2011, two counterterrorism agents from the bureau’s Boston field office interviewed Tamerlan and family members, a senior law enforcement official said on Saturday. According to the F.B.I.’s statement, “The F.B.I. did not find any terrorism activity, domestic or foreign,” and conveyed those findings to “the foreign government” by the summer of 2011.

As the law enforcement official put it, “We didn’t find anything on him that was derogatory… [we] did not have the legal authority to keep tabs on him.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/21/us...anted=all&_r=0

It doesn't sound like a screw up to me. And even if somebody did screw up, how is it Obama's fault?

By your logic, Bush is responsible for 9/11 and Katrina.

Hack.

the FBI reports to the president, the hurricane gods do not and neither do islamic jihadists.

you libs amuse me with your bullshit attempts at analogies.

The FBI doesn't report the results of every interview to the POTUS. If they found credible evidence, maybe. But they didn't find anything.

But I do find it quite amusing that you blame Obama for the Boston bombing when the suspects weren't even on the FBI's or the Obama admin's radar, yet you give Bush a free pass on 9/11 even though he was told by the Clinton admin to look out for him.

And I'm guessing you gave Bush a pass for leaving OBL in Afghanistan while invading Iraq.

You are the text book definition of a partisan hack.

Put this in your pipe and smoke it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRY_BOYeySc]Bush "truly not concerned" about Bin Laden! - YouTube[/ame]

So, to sum up the sentiment of the wingnut hacks in this thread:

9/11: Not Bush's fault even though his admin was briefed with credible evidence that OBL planned to attack the continental US.

Boston bombing: All Obama's fault even though there was no credible evidence of an imminent attack.

It is a lie. No Sudanese official ever made such an offer. And I've heard this lie about other countries as well.

You continuing to post this fallacy after it's been shot time..time and time again doesn't bode well for your integrity.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt because the Sudanese say an offer was made and as you see in Clinton's quote he alludes to the same thing.

FactCheck.org : Clinton Passed on Killing bin Laden?

Um no.

There was no offer.

It's also incredible how little you folks know about statecraft, the spook world and back channel communications.

So, the head of the Sudanese government says there was an offer. Could have been made to a CIA agent, didn't say.

Clinton alludes to there being an offer.

Yet you post no offer. You do realize it was Clinton who said there was. Of course we know he recanted but he also has been known, and proved to lie under oath.

9/11: Not Bush's fault even though his admin was briefed with credible evidence that OBL planned to attack the continental US.

Boston bombing: All Obama's fault even though there was no credible evidence of an imminent attack.

Allow me to sum up the sentiments of the left wing liberal hacks.

9/11 all Bush's fault and none of it Clintons although they both received the same not specific threats, for months.

Obama can do no wrong.

The top terror experts were trashed by the right for warning about 911 and telling you Bush ignored the threats.

why do you deny those cold hard facts?

There was no specific warning about 9/11. So how could Bush "ignore the threats"? Only generalized threats were made.

Now if you want to argue Bush could of done more in general to keep Muslims out of our country, I would agree. He should of made it impossible for Muslims, especially from the Middle Eastern countries, to come into or stay in our country. But that could be said for any President in the last 30+ years.

Somehow I doubt that you'd be in favor of such drastic steps though.

9/11 all Bush's fault and none of it Clintons although they both received the same not specific threats, for months.

Obama can do no wrong.

Or to hacks like yourself, Obama only does wrong, even when he has nothing to do ewth it. Carry on, ass-clown.

We didn't bring up those ignored signs until the right started blaming 9/11 on Clinton

The right has always placed blame EXACTLY where it belongs, with Muslims. The left refuses they wish to blame anyone other then Muslims so they invent things about Bush. That is countered by pointing out the very fact that Muslims gained the boldness to do such an act because of Clinton's limb wristed foreign policy.

Obama can do no wrong.

Or to hacks like yourself, Obama only does wrong, even when he has nothing to do ewth it. Carry on, ass-clown.

Watta mean? I will make a list of all of Obama's accomplishments that turned out well.

Hmmm harder then I thought.

Oh wait here is one that didn't turn out badly that I know of. Repeal of DADT. Now buggery on the high seas is perfectly fine.

The Russians told us to watch out for the older brother. The FBI claims to have checked him out and found him clean.

Does anyone claim that the FBI under Obama did a good job of checking this guy out?

Is the president responsible for the actions of his administration? If yes, then obama has to bear some responsibility for the dead and maimed in Boston.

Just curious, had he done anything in the past to warrant removal of his rights prior to committing this horrific crime? What should the government have done with him if he had not actually done anything in the past? If all he did was talk like a radical muslim jihadist then should he have not been allowed anywhere near the finish line of the Boston Marathon?

If radical speech is enough to get a person in trouble with the government then I would have to say that over half of us who post on this website and others like it should all be in deep shit with the government.

What exactly should have been done with these two? Are we to the point where we will now begin incarcerating people for crimes they may do in the future?

Immie

the guy spent 6 months in Russia. Do you think the records of that trip should have caused the FBI to take another look at him?

your argument is that because he seemingly passed an FBI check that he should be put on the ignore list even though the Russian govt said he was a danger?

How about periodic follow up visits? There is a lot that could have been done, but was not.

I didn't say ignore him, but we don't know that he was "ignored". What we know is that he like so many other psychopaths committed a horrific crime. Besides locking up every potential psychopath, what exactly would you propose to do?

I mean we're getting into the realm of thought police here. That is one of the reasons I was so opposed to the Patriot Act. I knew someday someone like Obama would come along and begin to abuse it. We're at that point only today it is conservatives that are promoting the abuse of such power. That is not all that surprising. It seems like both sides want the power. It also seems that is what the Bill of Rights was supposed to protect us from and it is slowly being eaten away.

God help us when it is a thing of the past.

Immie

Give Bush some credit....the PDB of 8/6/01 was entitled... Bin Ladin Determined to Strike in the US

pdb3.jpg

Now when evaluating the PDB, you've got to ask yourself who this guy "Bin Ladin" was...probably a no body. Right? But had Bush seen that some well known international terrorist like Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was about to attack, I'm sure that he would have left Crawford and went right to work.

Forum List

Back