Left Behind, Tribulation Force, Nicolae...

manu1959 said:
i was just funen ya ... sounds like a nice evening...ever been to the PF changs at the aladin?l...define i lot of money?

not at the Aladin, but I have been (often) to the PF Changs in Summerlin and the one on Paradise (right behind the strip). Tonight we went to the Las Vegas Country Club.... we have Friday Night Fine Dining and it is good and, frankly, cheap compared to the strip restaurants.

My favorite in Vegas is Le Cirque at the Bellagio. But talking about $$$$!! whooo

freeandfun1 said:
not at the Aladin, but I have been (often) to the PF Changs in Summerlin and the one on Paradise (right behind the strip). Tonight we went to the Las Vegas Country Club.... we have Friday Night Fine Dining and it is good and, frankly, cheap compared to the strip restaurants.

My favorite in Vegas is Le Cirque at the Bellagio. But talking about $$$$!! whooo

vegas country club ! you a member?

asked about pf changs because we do their designs was going to ask you what you thought

manu1959 said:
vegas country club ! you a member?

asked about pf changs because we do their designs was going to ask you what you thought

I've seen it from outside and it looks awsome.

Yes, we are members. Have been for 10 years now.

Anyway...I guess it's clear from most of the posts (I'm Lutheran too) that most denominations don't talk much about the rapture.

Yeah, I agree that most people who spout that the world is coming to an end are probably off the mark a bit. It seems people have been crying wolf for centuries. On the other hand, they will eventually be proven right. But I haven't seen all the markers yet. Sure, natural disasters happen, and things are definitely more "global" than ever before, but as for making AC a current political figure, that's just banter. I will say, however, that I don't see AC as a Republican! We generally prefer to do things our own way without the consent of the world! Nothing global about right-wingers!

I also remember reading that there will be many antichrists before THE antichrist. I'm sure some of them (Hitler, anyone?) have already come and gone.

I never thought about America being the New Babylon. I guess I can see that...most Muslims think we're self-indulgent, immoral gluttons. Maybe they have a point. But of course that's a blanket statement. Ironic that we were founded on freedom of religion (but only Christianity originally) and now we're viewed by many as godless. Hmmm... :confused:

freeandfun1 said:
And what, I ask, is so "hilarious" about it?

The entire graphic of some holy arrow beam shooting down from outer space and collecting the souls of the righteous while condemning the heathens to earth borders on the ridiculous.

It fits into the same genre as 70 virgins awaiting a lunatic Muslim suicide bomber.

menewa said:
The entire graphic of some holy arrow beam shooting down from outer space and collecting the souls of the righteous while condemning the heathens to earth borders on the ridiculous.

It fits into the same genre as 70 virgins awaiting a lunatic Muslim suicide bomber.

no more ridiculous than folks like you referring to the red states as "Jesusland".

If you understand the scriptures, you would know that even after the Rapture occurs, that does not mean those left here on Earth are condmened. See you are just showing your ignorance.

And what, I ask, is so "hilarious" about it?

Oh, freeandfun, don't get your boxers in a knot. It IS kinda funny. Very PowerPoint-ish. And the picture of the author makes him look like a plastic, well-tanned corpse. Doesn't make his message any less important. Just makes him look like a plastic, well-tanned corpse!

clumzgirl said:
Oh, freeandfun, don't get your boxers in a knot. It IS kinda funny. Very PowerPoint-ish. And the picture of the author makes him look like a plastic, well-tanned corpse. Doesn't make his message any less important. Just makes him look like a plastic, well-tanned corpse!

I think his reply was more telling in regards to what he really thinks.

He wasn't talking about the cheesyness of it, if that was all, I might agree. He was just take'n a jab at it JUST BECAUSE it portrays a Christian message.

freeandfun1 said:
I think his reply was more telling in regards to what he really thinks.

He wasn't talking about the cheesyness of it, if that was all, I might agree. He was just take'n a jab at it JUST BECAUSE it portrays a Christian message.

Not true. Christianity is great. It creates great leaders. Just think about today. Christianity helped mold MLK into the greatest leader of non-violence ever.

However, this rapture stuff is not mainstream christianity. It is rooted more in a dangerous fundamentalism aspect of the religion rather than a positive, uplifting light. In fact, it makes many people not give a damn about the state of affairs on our planet, such as the quality of the environment. Many die hard believers in a soon to be rapture could care less about preserving our natural heritage because of the second coming and the apocalypse.

freeandfun1 said:
no more ridiculous than folks like you referring to the red states as "Jesusland".

If you understand the scriptures, you would know that even after the Rapture occurs, that does not mean those left here on Earth are condmened. See you are just showing your ignorance.

I've never used the term jesusland, but i'm glad you referred to me as a "folk." I feel like I'm talking to george w. bush. He loves that term.

As for ignorance. Theologians have confirmed that the ideas put forth in that most questionable of biblical books, revelations, referred to events in the author's own time. It has naught to do with us or our descendants. Belief in the apocalypse is brute fundamentalism.

I also have one other great problem with the boook of revelations. The books of the New Testament are based on the teachings and life of Jesus, except one. The content of Revelations is one guy's visions, it is not based on the teachings and life of Jesus like the rest of the New Testament.

It is a very suspect book, one that should not be included in the Bible. The Book of Mary should be in the place of Revelations. But the male dominated Catholic church made sure mary's book didn't make it while some crazy guy's visions of apocalypse was included. Just don't make sense.

menewa said:
However, this rapture stuff is not mainstream christianity.

Really? I would be offended if I thought you knew what you are talking about, but it is so obvious you are ignorant about what the Bible says, I will just let you believe what you want.

menewa said:
It is rooted more in a dangerous fundamentalism aspect of the religion rather than a positive, uplifting light. In fact, it makes many people not give a damn about the state of affairs on our planet, such as the quality of the environment. Many die hard believers in a soon to be rapture could care less about preserving our natural heritage because of the second coming and the apocalypse.

Again, just pure ignorance.

"For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words" (1Thessalonians 4:16-18).

"Be careful, or your hearts will be weighed down with dissipation, drunkenness and the cares of life, and that day will close on you unexpectedly like a trap. For it will come upon all those who live on the face of the whole earth. Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be accounted worthy to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man." Luke 21:34

"But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only. As were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of man. For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, and they did not know until the flood came and swept them all away, so will be the coming of the Son of man. Then two men will be in the field; one is taken and one is left. Two women will be grinding at the mill; one is taken and one is left. Watch therefore, for you do not know on what day your Lord is coming. But know this, that if the householder had known in what part of the night the thief was coming, he would have watched and would not have let his house be broken into. Therefore you also must be ready; for the Son of man is coming at an hour you do not expect." (Matthew 24:36-44)

"For the Lord [Jesus] himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the archangel's call, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first; then we who are alive, who are left, shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and so we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words. But as to the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need to have anything written to you. For you yourselves know well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. When people say, 'There is peace and security,' then sudden destruction will come upon them as travail comes upon a woman with child, and there will be no escape. But you are not in darkness, brethren, for that day to surprise you like a thief. For you are all sons of light and sons of the day; we are not of the night or of darkness. So then let us not sleep, as others do, but let us keep awake and be sober. For those who sleep sleep at night, and those who get drunk are drunk at night. But, since we belong to the day, let us be sober, and put on the breastplate of faith and love, and for a helmet the hope of salvation. For God has not destined us for wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, who died for us so that whether we wake or sleep we might live with him. Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." (1 Thessalonian 4:16-5:11)

None of the above are from Revelations, so you are saying that the entire Bible is a lie. This has nothing to do with fundamentalism.

It has everything with you just wanting to deny the word of the Bible and to try and convince others of the same.

Again, you are ignorant and know nothing of what you speak, so why should anybody listen to you?

However, this rapture stuff is not mainstream christianity. It is rooted more in a dangerous fundamentalism aspect of the religion rather than a positive, uplifting light. In fact, it makes many people not give a damn about the state of affairs on our planet, such as the quality of the environment. Many die hard believers in a soon to be rapture could care less about preserving our natural heritage because of the second coming and the apocalypse.

Uhm, yeah, you like opening cans of worms?

I have to agree with freeandfun on this one. If you discount Revelation, you discount most of the Bible as well. I agree the Rapture would be more suspect if it were only mentioned in Revelation, but as F&F pointed out, there are many references scattered throughout the Bible. And I tend to think that this kinder, gentler (dare I say politically correct?) God is a reflection of our own wishes, not His.

Sure, Revelation is scary stuff, but so was the great flood, and the plagues on Egypt, and the plagues on the disobedient Israelites, etc. I come from a notoriously laid-back denomination, and I can't help but think the "fundamentalists" are more prepared for something like Revalation than others. Does that mean we should only focus on that book of the Bible? Of course not. But neither should we ignore it.

clumzgirl said:
Uhm, yeah, you like opening cans of worms?

I have to agree with freeandfun on this one. If you discount Revelation, you discount most of the Bible as well. I agree the Rapture would be more suspect if it were only mentioned in Revelation, but as F&F pointed out, there are many references scattered throughout the Bible. And I tend to think that this kinder, gentler (dare I say politically correct?) God is a reflection of our own wishes, not His.

Sure, Revelation is scary stuff, but so was the great flood, and the plagues on Egypt, and the plagues on the disobedient Israelites, etc. I come from a notoriously laid-back denomination, and I can't help but think the "fundamentalists" are more prepared for something like Revalation than others. Does that mean we should only focus on that book of the Bible? Of course not. But neither should we ignore it.

Revelation is a Book of the Bible regardless of which Christianity you follow. It is in the Catholic Bible as well as the Protestant Bible. There are other books that are in the Catholic Bible but not in the Protestant Bible but this one is standard just as Genesis and others. To say that because some pastors don't preach about it is not a reason to ignore it or discount it. It is part of their belief system and should be accounted for regardless.

There are other books that are in the Catholic Bible but not in the Protestant Bible but this one is standard just as Genesis and others.

There are different Bibles for different denominations?! What books are in the "Catholic Bible" as opposed to the "Protestant Bible?" I'm very curious to know....

clumzgirl said:
There are different Bibles for different denominations?! What books are in the "Catholic Bible" as opposed to the "Protestant Bible?" I'm very curious to know....

In the old Testament they have Parliament I, II, & III. There are others but I don't know them all. I was raised on the Protestant Bible.

They also have the book of Wisdom, Baruch, 1 & 2 Maccabees, Judith, Sirach.

The New Testament is the same.

I just checked and the Books of Parliament are removed in the newest version of the Catholic Bible.

Forum List

Back