Left Admits: Racism Charges Against Tea Parties a Tactic, Not a Truth

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Washington, D.C. – Members of the Project 21 black leadership group are condemning the left's false use of the accusation "racist" as a political tactic, saying they recognize the strategy from the teaching of left-wing organizer Saul Alinsky.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Former U.S. Commission on Civil Rights Chairman Mary Frances Berry, a long-time prominent liberal activist, has admitted in an interview with Politico that the left is trying to smear the tea party movement as "racist" for strategic reasons, not out of genuine concern that the movement is itself racist.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Berry called the tactic an "effective strategy" and chose not to denounce it.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]"As an active participant in the tea party movement, I know the movement's motivation is about Obama's policies and not his race," said Deneen Borelli, a Project 21 full-time fellow who has spoken at many tea party rallies and is scheduled to speak at the "Uni-Tea" rally in Philadelphia on July 31. "Race card politics is the last-ditch effort to shift the debate away from President Obama's harmful policies such as the government's takeover of health care and his failure to create jobs -- both of which are having an impact on his popularity. This diversion may also help Obama to try to jam through cap-and-trade legislation through Congress. It's a grand distraction from policies and may unfortunately increase racial tensions."[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Berry, now the Geraldine R. Segal Professor of American Social Thought and History at the University of Pennsylvania, was asked, "will branding the tea party 'racist' work?" [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Berry replied:[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Tainting the tea party movement with the charge of racism is proving to be an effective strategy for Democrats. There is no evidence that tea party adherents are any more racist than other Republicans, and indeed many other Americans. But getting them to spend their time purging their ranks and having candidates distance themselves should help Democrats win in November. Having one's opponent rebut charges of racism is far better than discussing joblessness.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]"This is exactly the kind of thing that has irked me all of my adult life, to put it mildly," said Project 21 member R. Dozier Gray. "This willful and purposeful use of the race card for nothing more than political gain is toxic to race relations, and Mary Frances Berry must know that. But she evidently does not care. Based on her comment, political posturing takes primacy over whatever real issues regarding race that she might pretend are her calling cards. I have seen this all before. I find it shameful."[/SIZE][/FONT]

Left Admits: Racism Charges Against Tea Parties a Tactic, Not a Truth

From the original article in the Politico:

Tainting the tea party movement with the charge of racism is proving to be an effective strategy for Democrats. There is no evidence that tea party adherents are any more racist than other Republicans, and indeed many other Americans. But getting them to spend their time purging their ranks and having candidates distance themselves should help Democrats win in November. Having one’s opponent rebut charges of racism is far better than discussing joblessness.

Contracting out U.S. security? - The Arena | POLITICO.COM

AND EVERY LYING FLUNKY ON THIS BOARD HAS BEEN USING THAT TACTIC FOR MONTHS.

They know full well the Tea Party is not racist. They KNOW it's just against the policies of Obama. What does that matter to them? It's a tactic and they are going to use it regardless of it being a lie.

That is why we should not crumple and go into defensive mode every time liberals start making accusations. We should ignore them and keep on message. We know they are lying, so we should act that way.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

That's why you need to just ignore these tactics... they aren't working, they're backfiring. What does it mean to be called a racist anymore? It's a joke.

For me it's more like, "yeah, yeah, whatever".

That asshat Topspin decried me as a judgemental racist and called me one of "those hate-mongering Catholics"... and then told me how open-minded he had been taught to be... all in one sentence!

Once conservatives withstand the slings and arrows of the left with the branding of racist.. after that there is no substance. Cant wait to get past the natural progression of that nonsense.

That asshat Topspin decried me as a judgemental racist and called me one of "those hate-mongering Catholics"... and then told me how open-minded he had been taught to be... all in one sentence!

he has shit stains in his underwear.

Still trying to figure out why he thinks I am Catholic.... I guess his open-mindedness makes him believe that anyone who opposes statism is Catholic?

Not sure how you get there... but .... ok.

Still trying to figure out why he thinks I am Catholic.... I guess his open-mindedness makes him believe that anyone who opposes statism is Catholic?

Not sure how you get there... but .... ok.

I get that all the time. Tell a liberal you're Christian and they go into rant about the "crimes" of the Catholic Church in Europe.

And I simply counter by laughing and telling them "Hey! I'm not Catholic."

They seem to think all Christians are Catholics.

:lol::lol::lol:

I'm also been accused to being a Jew as well.

:lol::lol::lol:

Notice the liberals are staying out of this thread?

You know why? Because they KNOW it's been a tactic from them, and they don't want to draw attention to that. :eusa_shhh:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

That's why you need to just ignore these tactics... they aren't working, they're backfiring. What does it mean to be called a racist anymore? It's a joke.

I must agree. I want the left in general and the administration in particular to keep up the racist labeling. It's not working, it's in fact making the label meaningless.

Look at it this way:

When Obama critics from the far right say that his policies are biased towards African Americans, the response is always "the middle and lower classes are comprised of all races".

But when the right is against an initiative that offers an entitlement to the middle and lower class, the left calls us racists.

They tend to change definitions to meet their objectives.

No way...The baseless attacks need to be encouraged.

It lets us all see just who leftloons are.

I dunno man.... the more I pay attention to it the worse my head hurts.

I knew this all along. The Leftists/Democrats have been using Race-Baiting tactics for many years. I'm not surprised by this.

Why then are the tea partiers making a big show out of kicking racists out of the tea party if there are no racists in the tea party?

And, more importantly, why is the OP broadbrushing 'the left' as being guilty of broadbrushing the tea party?

A bit hypocritical wouldn't you say?

Why then are the tea partiers making a big show out of kicking racists out of the tea party if there are no racists in the tea party?

And, more importantly, why is the OP broadbrushing 'the left' as being guilty of broadbrushing the tea party?

A bit hypocritical wouldn't you say?

Who would deny that racists exist in every single group?? The left has tried to take a handful of individuals and paint it to appear that they represent the group as a whole. That is why the MSM has lost so much of it's credibility. They have a clear agenda to portray the movement in a negative light, not because they honestly believe the organization is actually riddled with racists, but because they are simply the opposition to the big government policies that progressives support.

Last edited:
So many liberals against war, but they're happy to create civil unrest in our own country.

Hey bitch bits.......might wanna take another look around.......

Last I checked, it wasn't the liberals showing up at health care rallies with signs stating that it's time to water the tree of Liberty again and loaded weapons.

It was the tea bagging assholes such as yourself.

Might wanna study the history again.

As far as the tea baggers being racist? Yep. They're pissed there's a black man in their white house. House ******* are supposed to only show up there to work and then leave, not live there (at least according to most of them).

Try again dipshit, you're wrong.

So many liberals against war, but they're happy to create civil unrest in our own country.

Hey bitch bits.......might wanna take another look around.......

Last I checked, it wasn't the liberals showing up at health care rallies with signs stating that it's time to water the tree of Liberty again and loaded weapons.

It was the tea bagging assholes such as yourself.

Might wanna study the history again.

As far as the tea baggers being racist? Yep. They're pissed there's a black man in their white house. House ******* are supposed to only show up there to work and then leave, not live there (at least according to most of them).

Try again dipshit, you're wrong.

Hey cum stain, want to show me where I've claimed to be part of the TPM??:lol: Just because they get your panties in a twist, don't assume anyone who doesn't denounce them to be another one of your imaginary racist rousers.

Forum List

Back