Lebanon a time bomb, say aid workers

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Lebanon needs so many more funds from outside the country to handle such a great number of refugees.

by Madeleine Davies

Posted: 02 Oct 2015 @ 12:04

Share on tumblrShare on facebookShare on twitterShare on emailMore Sharing Services0

WORLD VISION UK

“Psychosocial support is crucial”: Patricia Mouamar speaks with a group of young refugees in a tented settlement in Lebanon

THE crisis in Lebanon, where 1.2 million Syrian refugees are competing for limited resources with host communities, is a “ticking time bomb”, two aid workers gave warning this week.

The country, which is the size of Yorkshire, has the highest number of refugees per capita: a quarter of the population. Of these, 70 per cent live below the poverty line. Since the UN’s Syria regional-response plan is less than half-funded, and the influx costs the country a third of its GDP, communities are in crisis.

“It’s more than just tension: I think it is a ticking bomb,” the communications manager for World Vision in Lebanon, Patricia Mouamar, said on Tuesday. “It’s like the whole country of Greece moving into UK. . . If no funding is made available to us, it will explode at a certain time.”

Continue reading at:

Maybe if Muslim countries spent half as much time developing their infrastructure and secular institutions as they did on religious ones...

Old news, Obama said a couple weeks ago , Lebanon and Jordan need money,

I say , since Israel is doing so well, with all their drugs and going to the moon,

I say lets send Israel's aid to these countries who have shown mercy and given shelter to the poor people fleeing from Syria.

Its only right.

Lebanon needs so many more funds from outside the country to handle such a great number of refugees.

by Madeleine Davies

Posted: 02 Oct 2015 @ 12:04

Share on tumblrShare on facebookShare on twitterShare on emailMore Sharing Services0

WORLD VISION UK

“Psychosocial support is crucial”: Patricia Mouamar speaks with a group of young refugees in a tented settlement in Lebanon

THE crisis in Lebanon, where 1.2 million Syrian refugees are competing for limited resources with host communities, is a “ticking time bomb”, two aid workers gave warning this week.

The country, which is the size of Yorkshire, has the highest number of refugees per capita: a quarter of the population. Of these, 70 per cent live below the poverty line. Since the UN’s Syria regional-response plan is less than half-funded, and the influx costs the country a third of its GDP, communities are in crisis.

“It’s more than just tension: I think it is a ticking bomb,” the communications manager for World Vision in Lebanon, Patricia Mouamar, said on Tuesday. “It’s like the whole country of Greece moving into UK. . . If no funding is made available to us, it will explode at a certain time.”

Continue reading at:

Wut? Another country in the Middle East is a ticking time bomb?

No kidding, the whole Middle East is a suicide vest just ready to explode in our faces. It's all those people know and understand.

Old news, Obama said a couple weeks ago , Lebanon and Jordan need money,

I say , since Israel is doing so well, with all their drugs and going to the moon,

I say lets send Israel's aid to these countries who have shown mercy and given shelter to the poor people fleeing from Syria.

Its only right.

Penelope, I suggest that you tell your psychiatrist that you can think of nothing else all day long but the Jews and Israel. The article is about Lebanon, not about Israel. Lebanon has its hands full with these refugees and needs help. I certainly hope that along with your obsession with the Jews and Israel, you also have an obsession to help these refugees no matter whatever Middle East country they have landed -- Lebanon, Jordan or Turkey. There are many relief organizations who would be most happy to get your contribution no matter how small it might be..

As an aside, I saw a chart on the AOL news today showing the hate crimes in America. The largest amount of hate crimes were against the Jews, which is not surprising when you have skinheads like Penelope living in America. However, the Internet with the various forums and web sites like Stormfront.com have been a Godsend for skinheads like Penelope where they can vent their hatred of the Jews without have to go out and draw swastikas on the homes and fences of Jews.

Forum List

Back