Leave the French Alone

Originally posted by Gonzo
I've visited France a half a dozen times in the last decade and enjoyed every minute of the trips. I even like Parisian waiters. I am honored to have several French friends, living in this country, as friends. I was appalled to hear the stories of crude jokes and insulting language at their expense.

Personally I believe the French acted properly, refusing to condone or participate in a senseless war, a bad foreign policy and mischievous empire building. They should be praised for having more common sense than our current administration.

Fuck the french cowards! And I loved all the great jokes at those pussies expense. LOL

I've visited France a half a dozen times in the last decade and enjoyed every minute of the trips. I even like Parisian waiters. I am honored to have several French friends, living in this country, as friends. I was appalled to hear the stories of crude jokes and insulting language at their expense.

Personally I believe the French acted properly, refusing to condone or participate in a senseless war, a bad foreign policy and mischievous empire building. They should be praised for having more common sense than our current administration.

You are lucky to be able to travel overseas so often, assuming you are from the US.

Get used to the insults from this country to theirs, as there are underlying causes, which have beem discussed on too many threads to list.

Many of us disagree with the French postitions, especially in light of the Oil for Food program, but you're entitled.

Insulting women and the French at the same time. Very clever. I'm sure both groups will be impressed by your wit.

Insulting women and the French at the same time. Very clever. I'm sure both groups will be impressed by your wit.

The french don't have any wit, nor do I give a flying fuck if they are impressed or not. I liked the jokes and I don't care for the french, period!

The oil for food program turned out to be a complete disaster. I'm not sure you can put all the blame on the French. I think things started to go wrong when the Arabs baulked at taking out Saddam in '91. It left everyone holding a bad hand. Anyway, the faults of the French government are not necessarily the faults of the French people any more than the currrent rogue regime in this country represents the views of the majority.

The oil for food program turned out to be a complete disaster. I'm not sure you can put all the blame on the French. I think things started to go wrong when the Arabs baulked at taking out Saddam in '91. It left everyone holding a bad hand. Anyway, the faults of the French government are not necessarily the faults of the French people any more than the currrent rogue regime in this country represents the views of the majority.

Why a new thread?

The US does NOT have a rogue regime. Get real.

President appointed by the Supreme Court hell bent on acting on his own regardless of world opinion or common sense. George I had the intelligence to build a coalition, frame a moral argument and send the bills to the participants before kicking Saddam out of Kuwait. I applauded that war. I applaud nothing the current president has done and consider him illegitimate.

President appointed by the Supreme Court hell bent on acting on his own regardless of world opinion or common sense. George I had the intelligence to build a coalition, frame a moral argument and send the bills to the participants before kicking Saddam out of Kuwait. I applauded that war. I applaud nothing the current president has done and consider him illegitimate.

And I consider you a piece of shit.

Damn. Its like Alan colmes said the other night. Liberals should be focusing on THIS election and stop worrying about 2000. You guys lost despite your efforts to steal Florida. Every recount came up Bush. Even the ones done by liberal sources. Get over it.

Apparently the Liberals simply can't recover. With a very few exceptions, the liberals have done nothing for 3 1/2 years but whine, bash, and sabotauge. This is the behavior of a party that is expected to present a viable candidate for the presidency? Carping and criticizing is simple. Creating a film that presents a one sided view of a series of events is childs play. Sitting on the sidelines moaning over a play that happened years ago is the whimpering of a loser. Are we to believe that the democratic party is proud of thier candidate when the battle cry is " anyone but Bush"? Shit, a fucking maggot isn't Bush but you democrats would vote for one? You have no pride in your candidate whatsoever. You make no claims about his strong points or positive visions. I really expected an option from the non-incumbant party--a challenge that might spur some creative debate, solutions, or problem solving but you are apparently comfortable to bitch for 5 1/2 years so you can celebrate Hillarys' candidacy. Give us a challenge ! This negative trash isn't helpful to either party and to be blunt it is just boring. If Kerry is your candidate, I want to hear how great he is.Have you no pride?? ( there, I left the french out of it)

Originally posted by r2200t
France followed the will of the people (90% against the war)
England Didn't follow the will of the people (90% against the war)
Spain Didn't follow the will of the people (95% against the war)

The point is France acted like a democracy, in a world where fake democracies are everywhere...

So u shouldn't blame Chirac, you should blame the people of France for not being convinced that Saddam had WMD's, or that there were any links between Saddam and 9-11 ...

Your numbers are bull. Unless you care to provide a link. Chirac is an ass end of discussion. A foolish ass at that.

Originally posted by insein
Your numbers are bull. Unless you care to provide a link. Chirac is an ass end of discussion. A foolish ass at that.

democracies are dangerous. that is why our forefathers established a constitutional republic. if we relied on democracy to settle issues, slavery might still be legal.

First allow me to identify myself as a whole-hearted france basher. I do this not to boast, but simply to be honest and to beat all you lefties who are going to accuse me of it anyway.

France is a beautiful country occupied mostly by arrogant spineless cowards. We saved their sorry asses in two world wars and we were dumb enough to buy their bullshit when we followed them into Viet Nam. Chirac reminds me of DeGaulle. A pompous, strutting ass who pretends that he or france have any real relevance in the world.

One frog-o-phile posted that we had shattered a 200 year union overnight. What a load! That bastard DeGaulle ran off and hid in England till WWII was over. Then we screwed up and let the jackass strut into Paris as if he actually had anything to do with driving the Nazis out. And how did the zenophobic bastard thank us? By attempting to destroy NATO and telling us to get our troops the hell out of his country. Yeah, WE destroyed a 200 year union. You bet.

Someone else speculated on what the french would do if the Eiffel Tower had been destroyed. That's easy to answer - they would blame it on us. Other than that, they would do nothing.

Another franco-fan indicated that one reason france chose to oppose us in this effort against Iraq was because they had contracts and business ties with the Iraqis. BINGO! You were inadvertently honest. Many of these contracts were secret because they were in contravention of UN sanctions. The french were sucking cash out of Saddam faster than a black hole sucks in light. The mercencary scum resented the fact that we broke their favorite piggy bank.

France is not our friend, nor have they been so for decades. France is governed by deceitful, avaricious men. They have been caught with their hand in the cookie jar and they are trying to bluff and bluster their way out of the situation.

I hope that french grapes rot on the vine for the next hundred years. Let the bastards drink their own water.

Originally posted by r2200t
You are right my figures ARE BULL, they were too conservative!
Here is a link, as requested (from one of the most reputable poll organizations, and if you scroll down, you'll see other popular poll results, none of which are really contradicting. (but they play with the words alot (UN backing etc...)
http://www.eriposte.com/war_peace/iraq/world_support/gallup_intl_2003_by_country.gif

So let me rephrase my stats (based on above polls):
bellow is % of people FAVORABLE of US led war (without UN)

France 6.5%
Spain 4%
UK 10%
USA 33% (!!) figures were higher with UN backing
Canada 10%
Australia 13%
Russia 6.5%
Uganda 20% (More support in Africa, maybe special bamboo spitting forces can be used in Iraq)

Agreed to a certain extent... when u think of it, people who vote are rarely informed on what they are voting for...

Cheers!

"% of Don't know/no opinion is excluded"

So you can't accurately say 90% were opposed to it. Wheres the parent link or home page for this info. I'd like to read more.

Originally posted by Merlin1047
First allow me to identify myself as a whole-hearted france basher. I do this not to boast, but simply to be honest and to beat all you lefties who are going to accuse me of it anyway.

France is a beautiful country occupied mostly by arrogant spineless cowards. We saved their sorry asses in two world wars and we were dumb enough to buy their bullshit when we followed them into Viet Nam. Chirac reminds me of DeGaulle. A pompous, strutting ass who pretends that he or france have any real relevance in the world.

One frog-o-phile posted that we had shattered a 200 year union overnight. What a load! That bastard DeGaulle ran off and hid in England till WWII was over. Then we screwed up and let the jackass strut into Paris as if he actually had anything to do with driving the Nazis out. And how did the zenophobic bastard thank us? By attempting to destroy NATO and telling us to get our troops the hell out of his country. Yeah, WE destroyed a 200 year union. You bet.

Someone else speculated on what the french would do if the Eiffel Tower had been destroyed. That's easy to answer - they would blame it on us. Other than that, they would do nothing.

Another franco-fan indicated that one reason france chose to oppose us in this effort against Iraq was because they had contracts and business ties with the Iraqis. BINGO! You were inadvertently honest. Many of these contracts were secret because they were in contravention of UN sanctions. The french were sucking cash out of Saddam faster than a black hole sucks in light. The mercencary scum resented the fact that we broke their favorite piggy bank.

France is not our friend, nor have they been so for decades. France is governed by deceitful, avaricious men. They have been caught with their hand in the cookie jar and they are trying to bluff and bluster their way out of the situation.

I hope that french grapes rot on the vine for the next hundred years. Let the bastards drink their own water.

France is now planning on Blocking our efforts in the Sudan in the same respect. Saying we are only going to help because we want their oil. Ironically its the French who have lucrative oil contracts in Sudan as well. Yet they care nothing of the genocide going on there.

Its insanity i tell ya.

France is now planning on Blocking our efforts in the Sudan in the same respect. Saying we are only going to help because we want their oil. Ironically its the French who have lucrative oil contracts in Sudan as well. Yet they care nothing of the genocide going on there.

Its insanity i tell ya.

They're getting mouthy in an effort to aid Jacques Francois Kerrie. Chirac figures that he can get kerry to kiss french butts so they can get back to business as usual.

Settle down boys. France is not evil. They may be protecting their interests by not following yours and invading countries, can you blmae them?

You probably will.......

Originally posted by MrMarbles
Settle down boys. France is not evil. They may be protecting their interests by not following yours and invading countries, can you blmae them?

You probably will.......

When their interests involve standing by and taking bribes while millions are slaughtered, then yes i can blame them.

When their interests involve standing by and taking bribes while millions are slaughtered, then yes i can blame them.

Your right. Baghdad was a city of roughly 5 mil, roughly 3 mil of that were children, why did we stand by and let the states drop thousands of bombs on that city in the first weeks of the war, what did those children do?

2 April, aerial bombardment of the Baghdad Trade Fair and Iraqi Red Crescent Maternity Hospital:27 dead

http://www.ask.co.uk/ix.asp?q=Population+Of+Baghdad&ac=none&xx=0&qid=A26DF2E9090C9D49B3FE8CAC55FA1694&p=0&&sp=ix&fn=t&b=0&fo=2&r=10&io=2&fp=3&fr=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eiacenter%2Eorg%2Ffranks%2Dreprt%2Dtext%2Ehtm&adurl=

Forum List

Back