least objectionable change to the constitution poll

which Constitutional change would be least objectionable.

• a national initiative and referendum option such as many US states already have.

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • an expanded body of representatives more in line with the representative-to-citizen ratio we had at

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • yearly for-party elections on a proportional representation basis. At the time of the founding there

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Senate would be modified so states would have voting power based on renewable resource base....t

• The last stage of choosing Supreme Court justices would be a random selection from a pool of qualifi

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • n presidential elections a group of small states would vote a few weeks ahead of the others. This gr

• Total voters
Probably make the welfare cause clearer to keep up with the times and end all argument. This would give the congress the power without question to fund science institutions, infrastructure and help the states in case of emergency. All things we already do and every one else already does.

The Constitution is in no need of 'change,' however 'least objectionable.'

The Constitution is the culmination of centuries of Anglo-American judicial tradition dating back to the Magna Carta and the Assizes of Henry II, it didn't just 'happen' in 1791.

The 'changes' proposed are reckless and unwarranted, the stuff of partisan curmudgeons, reactionaries, and capricious nitwits ignorant of the fact that the Constitution is first and foremost a document of the law – the supreme law of the land – and the cornerstone of the rule of law, not a mere 'blueprint of government.'

The Constitution is the culmination of centuries of Anglo-American judicial tradition dating back to the Magna Carta and the Assizes of Henry II, it didn't just 'happen' in 1791.

The 'changes' proposed are reckless and unwarranted, the stuff of partisan curmudgeons, reactionaries, and capricious nitwits ignorant of the fact that the Constitution is first and foremost a document of the law – the supreme law of the land – and the cornerstone of the rule of law, not a mere 'blueprint of government.'

bulllllshit ....

you know, dunces like you never have real criticisms....you just worship the past ...........and think that is some sort of argument.

Reckless and unwarranted?.....then tell me why.....we still would have had rule of law with the articles....we still would have rule of law with my proposed changes....you have no argument.

To the far left there is no such thing as a constitution..

None of the above.

thats nots an option

That guy would probably repeal the constitution and go back to the articles.
what guy...who you talking about

The one you replied too. ;) he doesn't believe the federal government should be able to tax.

oh , ok, well even some opponents of the Constitution thought it needed a better way to raise revenue.

bulllllshit ....

you know, dunces like you never have real criticisms....you just worship the past ...........and think that is some sort of argument.

Reckless and unwarranted?.....then tell me why.....we still would have had rule of law with the articles....we still would have rule of law with my proposed changes....you have no argument.
Nonsense.

The idiotic notion of 'national referenda' is alone completely contrary to the rule of law.

And who decides what the criteria are to determine a 'qualified' Supreme Court justice – your proposed 'changes' are inane, sophomoric, and ridiculous; nothing more than a rightwing temper-tantrum because you disapprove of Constitutional jurisprudence you incorrectly perceive to be 'wrong.'

bulllllshit ....

Nonsense.

The idiotic notion of 'national referenda' is alone completely contrary to the rule of law.

And who decides what the criteria are to determine a 'qualified' Supreme Court justice – your proposed 'changes' are inane, sophomoric, and ridiculous; nothing more than a rightwing temper-tantrum because you disapprove of Constitutional jurisprudence you incorrectly perceive to be 'wrong.'

1) I am not rightwing
2)who determines now who is a qualified Supreme Court justice?...wouldn't have to be different
3)"contrary to rule of law"?why..it would be outlined in the law..like it is in numerous states.
4) there are numerous errors in Constitutional "jurisprudence" but nothing in my proposal addresses them

Upping the citizen to representative ratio would be the best of the options presented.

None of the above.

thats nots an option

That guy would probably repeal the constitution and go back to the articles.
what guy...who you talking about

The one you replied too. ;) he doesn't believe the federal government should be able to tax.

You're a fucking liar, I believe the things taxes can finance are limited by Article 1, Section 8 as the founders intended.

Forum List

Back