least objectionable change to the constitution poll

which Constitutional change would be least objectionable.

• a national initiative and referendum option such as many US states already have.

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • an expanded body of representatives more in line with the representative-to-citizen ratio we had at

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • yearly for-party elections on a proportional representation basis. At the time of the founding there

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Senate would be modified so states would have voting power based on renewable resource base....t

• The last stage of choosing Supreme Court justices would be a random selection from a pool of qualifi

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • n presidential elections a group of small states would vote a few weeks ahead of the others. This gr

• Total voters
A poll for all those dedicated to the "crazy machine" as Patrick Henry called the Constitution.

the full choices can be viewed at this link Outline of a new Constitution US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

;icture gallery

http://www.usmessageboard.com/data/photos/l/3/3253-1410290376-fa654ec9680947d3ac5ea494f9fe9768.jpg

A single 10-year term so politicians don't have to suck up or respond to polls worrying about re-election. If you can't get things done in 10 years you're in the wrong line of work anyway. After the 10 years is up, you're out, period.

Since the second amendment is no longer relevant to its intended purpose we should drop it and leave gun rights up to the states to decide

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Militias are not necessary to the security of our state. We have the strongest Army in the world. Time to drop the second amendment

A poll for all those dedicated to the "crazy machine" as Patrick Henry called the Constitution.

the full choices can be viewed at this link Outline of a new Constitution US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

;icture gallery

http://www.usmessageboard.com/data/photos/l/3/3253-1410290376-fa654ec9680947d3ac5ea494f9fe9768.jpg

A single 10-year term so politicians don't have to suck up or respond to polls worrying about re-election. If you can't get things done in 10 years you're in the wrong line of work anyway. After the 10 years is up, you're out, period.

except then maybe ..fearing for future employment...they suck up to some special interest offering them something. But I guess thats a problem now also..dont know

None of the above.

thats nots an option

That guy would probably repeal the constitution and go back to the articles.

Wrong, I would enforce the Constitution as written, not as interpreted by politicians and their appointees.

unrealistic....someone has to interpret what it means...my proposal makes sure the politicians have less say

No they don't need anything but a dictionary from the time it was written to understand exactly what it says, no interpretation needed.

Probably make the welfare cause clearer to keep up with the times and end all argument. This would give the congress the power without question to fund science institutions, infrastructure and help the states in case of emergency. All things we already do and every one else already does.
The welfare clause should be eliminated. So should the commerce clause.

None of the above.

thats nots an option

Wrong, I would enforce the Constitution as written, not as interpreted by politicians and their appointees.

unrealistic....someone has to interpret what it means...my proposal makes sure the politicians have less say

No they don't need anything but a dictionary from the time it was written to understand exactly what it says, no interpretation needed.

Did they have Dictionaries back then? I thought Daniel Webster wrote the first one.

The Constitution is in no need of 'change,' however 'least objectionable.'

The Constitution is the culmination of centuries of Anglo-American judicial tradition dating back to the Magna Carta and the Assizes of Henry II, it didn't just 'happen' in 1791.

The 'changes' proposed are reckless and unwarranted, the stuff of partisan curmudgeons, reactionaries, and capricious nitwits ignorant of the fact that the Constitution is first and foremost a document of the law – the supreme law of the land – and the cornerstone of the rule of law, not a mere 'blueprint of government.'

bulllllshit ....

you know, dunces like you never have real criticisms....you just worship the past ...........and think that is some sort of argument.

Reckless and unwarranted?.....then tell me why.....we still would have had rule of law with the articles....we still would have rule of law with my proposed changes....you have no argument.
Nonsense.

The idiotic notion of 'national referenda' is alone completely contrary to the rule of law.

And who decides what the criteria are to determine a 'qualified' Supreme Court justice – your proposed 'changes' are inane, sophomoric, and ridiculous; nothing more than a rightwing temper-tantrum because you disapprove of Constitutional jurisprudence you incorrectly perceive to be 'wrong.'

So California doesn't conform to the rule of law?

As a matter of fact, legislation doesn't conform to the rule of law. prior to the USA, laws were made privately. It was called "common law."

All those options bring more government, not less. I would cut down the number of representatives to create proportional representation.

Makes more sense to devolve more power to states, rather than bother with national referendums, which could just as easily damage civil rights and republic as improve it.

All those options bring more government, not less. I would cut down the number of representatives to create proportional representation.

Makes more sense to devolve more power to states, rather than bother with national referendums, which could just as easily damage civil rights and republic as improve it.

The more representatives there are, the harder they are to bribe. When you're one of 435 representatives, a big corporation can make contributions to all their campaigns and have significant influence on legislation. If there were 10,000 representatives, that would be much more expensive.

The more representatives there are, the harder they are to bribe. When you're one of 435 representatives, a big corporation can make contributions to all their campaigns and have significant influence on legislation. If there were 10,000 representatives, that would be much more expensive.
10,000? That's a Black Eyed Peas concert, not a legislative body.

thats nots an option

Did they have Dictionaries back then? I thought Daniel Webster wrote the first one.

Published on 15 April 1755 and written by Samuel Johnson, A Dictionary of the English Language, sometimes published as Johnson's Dictionary, is among the most influential dictionaries in the history of the English language.

There was dissatisfaction with the dictionaries of the period, so in June 1746 a group of London booksellers contracted Johnson to write a dictionary for the sum of 1,500 guineas (£1,575), equivalent to about £210,000 in 2015.[1] Johnson took nearly nine years to complete the work, although he had claimed he could finish it in three. Remarkably, he did so single-handedly, with only clerical assistance to copy out the illustrative quotations that he had marked in books. Johnson produced several revised editions during his life.

A Dictionary of the English Language - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

10,000? That's a Black Eyed Peas concert, not a legislative body.
Yep, and Bripat under-rates the wealth of corporations and lobby groups, doesn't matter whether it is 1 or 100,000 they can find a way.

Since the second amendment is no longer relevant to its intended purpose we should drop it and leave gun rights up to the states to decide

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Militias are not necessary to the security of our state. We have the strongest Army in the world. Time to drop the second amendment

Why not the 1st as well? Progressives don't seem to have much use for that one either.

Why not the 1st as well? Progressives don't seem to have much use for that one either.

No reason to repeal the first, we use it every day

We have not relied on Militias for our security in 100 years

Its not the people's fault the States no longer call upon the militia, the right to keep and bear arms is still theirs.

Its not the people's fault the States no longer call upon the militia, the right to keep and bear arms is still theirs.
Since we no longer need militias, lets change the Constitution to leave gun ownership up to the individual states

Conservatives love giving decisions to the states over the federal government

None of the above.

thats nots an option

not realistic, there will always be differences of opinion as to what certain things mean

Forum List

Back