Learning the wrong lesson. Gun Control.

Any semi-automatic rifle can use an extended clip regardless with a little practice anyone can change out mags fast.
Any semi, eh?
What a load. Go build a pyramid.

iu
You're the one who wants to use outdated tech not me

A detachable magazine does not make people kill

So do you believe all people should have military weapons, like the AR 15. You talk about the Constitution, so people in schools and churches can be fearful of their life is Constitutional , and do you believe in freedom of the press as well.

There needs to be some changes to the constitution, you are talking 2.5 centuries here.

Keep the bible out of it, we have Separation of Church and State AKA the Age of Enlightenment.
The AR-15 is not a military weapon you loon its functionally no different than a semi-automatic .227 hunting rifle. Its like arguing with a brick with you people. You will not educate yourself on firearms and continuously make the same stupid ass comments.
Here we go again. The always stupid fucking argument about a definition when everyone knows what is being discussed.

So really, STFU. We've heard it overt & over & over & over. We know what an AR15 is.

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm
A detachable magazine does not make people kill
Nor does playing the blues make people think.

You have obviously never listened to the blues

But tell me this

How did Project Exile in Richmond, VA succeed in lowering the gun murder rate by 41% in one year without any type of gun ban, or magazine ban or any restrictions on law abiding people?

And what gun law that bans this or that has ever had that kind of success in one year?

So do you believe all people should have military weapons, like the AR 15. You talk about the Constitution, so people in schools and churches can be fearful of their life is Constitutional , and do you believe in freedom of the press as well.

There needs to be some changes to the constitution, you are talking 2.5 centuries here.

Keep the bible out of it, we have Separation of Church and State AKA the Age of Enlightenment.
The AR-15 is not a military weapon you loon its functionally no different than a semi-automatic .227 hunting rifle. Its like arguing with a brick with you people. You will not educate yourself on firearms and continuously make the same stupid ass comments.
Here we go again. The always stupid fucking argument about a definition when everyone knows what is being discussed.

So really, STFU. We've heard it overt & over & over & over. We know what an AR15 is.
No fuck you don't because people like you call them something they are not.

Words mean things if you don't know the meaning of the words you use then what you say is meaningless

The ar 15 is not a military weapon .you pull the trigger it shoots 1 round .

They are as rifles of any kind are used in about 2% of all murders so semiautomatic rifles are not the problem

Fifty dead. About as many gun homicides in this one incident in New Zealand than in all of 2009 to 2015 combined (51).

But "semiautomatic rifles are not the problem".

There is no way on earth to excuse the gun nutters' imbecility. There just isn't.

They are as rifles of any kind are used in about 2% of all murders so semiautomatic rifles are not the problem

Fifty dead. About as many gun homicides in this one incident in New Zealand than in all of 2009 to 2015 combined (51).

But "semiautomatic rifles are not the problem".

There is no way on earth to excuse the gun nutters' imbecility. There just isn't.

I don't care what happens in NZ.

Gun Control that Actually Works

Now tell me how Project Exile reduced gun murders in the Richmond VA area by 41% in just one year without banning any guns or any magazines and without putting any restrictions on law abiding gun owners whatsoever?

And what gun law that banned anything ever had that kind of success?

I could misapply the famous Ben Franklin quote here, but why? Let’s get to dealing with truth.

There were several reasons why the Second Amendment was passed. People tend to fixate on one, or another, of the reasons. But as I said above, we are dealing with truth. The Truth is that the Founders wanted to insure that this nation could never be invaded by a foreign power. They had just won a war where the Militia, that is to say the citizens who took up personal arms to fight the enemy, had played a major part. So yes, the idea that an armed population would be difficult to defeat was a part of the calculation.

But there is more. The Founders also knew that man was capable of a lot of things, good and bad. They knew that the Kings of Europe got power by subjugation of the population. An armed population would insure that the American Government would never be able to subjugate the citizens.

Yes, there is even more. The Founders also realized that there would be dangers in the frontiers, where threats to survival existed, in two legged, and four legged form.

I could type for a hour giving you all the various reasons that the Second Amendment was proposed, approved, and ratified. But here is another truth. None of those reasons matter to the anti gun people.

This is where your Patriotism comes into question. The desire to Support and Defend the Constitution, not just parts of it, but all of it. It is my almost certainly arrogant opinion that supposed Christians who attack someone claiming that God hates this, or that, from the Bible, are not truly Christian. They have to deal with the entire Bible, not just the portion they are quoting. They have to understand the message behind the Bible, and the lessons of God’s love, and His desires. They miss that message when they pick one small phrase out of a billion and run with it.

There was an episode of Major Dad that comes to mind. The High School of his oldest Step Daughter had established a Dress Code. The Daughter wrote an article for the School Newspaper critical of the policy. Major Dad went in to meet with the Teacher and discuss the article. The teacher asked several questions, and the Marine Major agreed that rules mattered, and it was incumbent upon people to obey the rules, and dress codes mattered. Then the Teacher said. “So I can see you agree that this article should not be published.” To this the Major said No Ma’am. He explained that somewhere in the school was a Civics Textbook, and in the book was the First Amendment, including Freedom of the press. He had sworn an oath to support and defend the constitution. All of it. Including the right of the press to write articles that were controversial.

That is my feelings towards the Constitution. I believe it all matters. Not just a bit here, or there. But every single line, and every single right. Even if the person using the right, or claiming it, is someone I disagree with. It does not matter. The individual, or the event, is not, and never can be, greater than the right for the future. No matter how horrific the act might be, the larger question, the Constitution, must endure.

So those who say they Love America, but hate the Second Amendment, and try to find ways to chip away at it, do not love this nation. Limiting rights is not the American way. It is not the purpose of the Constitution. It is not the reason the document has soul. It is our dedication to those rights that determines the future. Because Democracy is not what we have. Democracy is where a group votes to take from the individual. We have a Republic. That is where the rights of the Individual, matter more than the desires of the group. The right of the individual to denounce the Government they disapprove of, is sacrosanct. It is sacred. It must be defended by the majority, even if, especially if, they disagree with what the individual is saying.

The same is true of the Second Amendment. If you enjoy your rights, you must be willing to defend the rights of the people you disagree with. When I hear someone saying something that I disagree with, or is insulting. The first thing I think is Thank God for the First Amendment. When I hear that someone has bought a gun, I think Thank God for the Second Amendment. When a Judge throws out Evidence that is gotten illegally, and a criminal walks free. I think Thank God. Because those rights are being eroded far too fast now. And we need to push back, or none of us will have any rights at all. And that will be the death of America.

The FF's were more afraid of a Govt. take over than they were someone invading the US.

Very smart long thinking men.

And it's proven to be capable of killing 50+ people really quickly. It is a mass killing weapon, should not be legal.

I could misapply the famous Ben Franklin quote here, but why? Let’s get to dealing with truth.

There were several reasons why the Second Amendment was passed. People tend to fixate on one, or another, of the reasons. But as I said above, we are dealing with truth. The Truth is that the Founders wanted to insure that this nation could never be invaded by a foreign power. They had just won a war where the Militia, that is to say the citizens who took up personal arms to fight the enemy, had played a major part. So yes, the idea that an armed population would be difficult to defeat was a part of the calculation.

But there is more. The Founders also knew that man was capable of a lot of things, good and bad. They knew that the Kings of Europe got power by subjugation of the population. An armed population would insure that the American Government would never be able to subjugate the citizens.

Yes, there is even more. The Founders also realized that there would be dangers in the frontiers, where threats to survival existed, in two legged, and four legged form.

I could type for a hour giving you all the various reasons that the Second Amendment was proposed, approved, and ratified. But here is another truth. None of those reasons matter to the anti gun people.

This is where your Patriotism comes into question. The desire to Support and Defend the Constitution, not just parts of it, but all of it. It is my almost certainly arrogant opinion that supposed Christians who attack someone claiming that God hates this, or that, from the Bible, are not truly Christian. They have to deal with the entire Bible, not just the portion they are quoting. They have to understand the message behind the Bible, and the lessons of God’s love, and His desires. They miss that message when they pick one small phrase out of a billion and run with it.

There was an episode of Major Dad that comes to mind. The High School of his oldest Step Daughter had established a Dress Code. The Daughter wrote an article for the School Newspaper critical of the policy. Major Dad went in to meet with the Teacher and discuss the article. The teacher asked several questions, and the Marine Major agreed that rules mattered, and it was incumbent upon people to obey the rules, and dress codes mattered. Then the Teacher said. “So I can see you agree that this article should not be published.” To this the Major said No Ma’am. He explained that somewhere in the school was a Civics Textbook, and in the book was the First Amendment, including Freedom of the press. He had sworn an oath to support and defend the constitution. All of it. Including the right of the press to write articles that were controversial.

That is my feelings towards the Constitution. I believe it all matters. Not just a bit here, or there. But every single line, and every single right. Even if the person using the right, or claiming it, is someone I disagree with. It does not matter. The individual, or the event, is not, and never can be, greater than the right for the future. No matter how horrific the act might be, the larger question, the Constitution, must endure.

So those who say they Love America, but hate the Second Amendment, and try to find ways to chip away at it, do not love this nation. Limiting rights is not the American way. It is not the purpose of the Constitution. It is not the reason the document has soul. It is our dedication to those rights that determines the future. Because Democracy is not what we have. Democracy is where a group votes to take from the individual. We have a Republic. That is where the rights of the Individual, matter more than the desires of the group. The right of the individual to denounce the Government they disapprove of, is sacrosanct. It is sacred. It must be defended by the majority, even if, especially if, they disagree with what the individual is saying.

The same is true of the Second Amendment. If you enjoy your rights, you must be willing to defend the rights of the people you disagree with. When I hear someone saying something that I disagree with, or is insulting. The first thing I think is Thank God for the First Amendment. When I hear that someone has bought a gun, I think Thank God for the Second Amendment. When a Judge throws out Evidence that is gotten illegally, and a criminal walks free. I think Thank God. Because those rights are being eroded far too fast now. And we need to push back, or none of us will have any rights at all. And that will be the death of America.

The FF's were more afraid of a Govt. take over than they were someone invading the US.

Very smart long thinking men.
We have the second because at the time we had no standing army. That's it. They sure weren't worried about tyrants, it's a government of the people. They set us up so we wouldn't have tyrants. The second was to defend the country, which is no longer needed now we have the most powerful army in the world.

Really? So you'd agree that handguns are a problem as they are used in about half of all homicides in the US? You're more likely to see your way clear to banning them as they're such a problem?

And it's proven to be capable of killing 50+ people really quickly. It is a mass killing weapon, should not be legal.
YEs we should ban everything capable of killing 50 or more people at a time

2016 Nice truck attack - Wikipedia

Really? So you'd agree that handguns are a problem as they are used in about half of all homicides in the US? You're more likely to see your way clear to banning them as they're such a problem?

More than half

But why are you dodging the question I asked you about Project Exile?

YEs we should ban everything capable of killing 50 or more people at a time

2016 Nice truck attack - Wikipedia
Trucks can easily be defended against with barriers. Heck I'm sitting on the second floor of this building here and have no worries about trucks. AR15s however are impossible to defend against.

Forum List

Back