Lawmakers from both parties launch bill to BAN TikTok from operating in the US

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Lawmakers from both parties launch bill to BAN TikTok from operating in the US - and follow fives states that have stopped employees from using Chinese-owned app over national security concerns

...'This isn't about creative videos — this is about an app that is collecting data on tens of millions of American children and adults every day. We know it's used to manipulate feeds and influence elections. We know it answers to the People's Republic of China....

LOL.....GenZ is going to fucking tear shit up if TikTok gets yeeted. :laughing0301:

That said I guess only American companies are allowed to manipulate feeds and influence elections!

Being a Luddite....How re they going to actually going to ban it?

By requiring a ISP to filter out all traffic to and from anything associated with Tik Tok?

Lawmakers from both parties launch bill to BAN TikTok from operating in the US - and follow fives states that have stopped employees from using Chinese-owned app over national security concerns

...'This isn't about creative videos — this is about an app that is collecting data on tens of millions of American children and adults every day. We know it's used to manipulate feeds and influence elections. We know it answers to the People's Republic of China....

LOL.....GenZ is going to fucking tear shit up if TikTok gets yeeted. :laughing0301:

That said I guess only American companies are allowed to manipulate feeds and influence elections!

By requiring a ISP to filter out all traffic to and from anything associated with Tik Tok?
Tell me what Social media app doesn't do those things?

India banned them in 2020 and others might have banned them too like Taiwan, and Australia, who were talking about it.

Also found a link that claims to get around the ban... But that would take longer or be an inconvenience that would slow traffic down, I suppose?

US Government employees are NOT using Tic-Toc to exchanged classified material ... and I agree with the part that forbids US Government employees from using Tic-Toc to exchange ANY information ... and, as Bluesman points out, US Government employees ought not to be using ANY social media to exchange information ...

The government has it's own communication systems and doesn't need to use Tic-Toc ... at all ... ever ... government business works at Postal Service speed ... or teletype speed ... take your pick ...

Does this get a reading in the Democrat controlled Senate sub-committee? ... I say no, this bill is DOA ... and a waste of tax-payer dollars ... better to work on fixing why I have $120,000 in non-refundable trax credits and not get a check of $120,000 ... fucking thieves ...

India banned them in 2020 and others might have banned them too like Taiwan, and Australia, who were talking about it.

Also found a link that claims to get around the ban... But that would take longer or be an inconvenience that would slow traffic down, I suppose?

So with a ban in place and it slowing down access what will happen next?

PikBok will become the site of choice for people to post on. Then when that is banned, PinPek will become the popular site.

Couldn't the go after the App stores to discontinue service to the app, or whatever?

Couldn't the go after the App stores to discontinue service to the app, or whatever?

You want the government to dictate to a business like this? Is this what one would consider capitalism or free market solutions?

You want the government to dictate to a business like this? Is this what one would consider capitalism or free market solutions?

They already do if you've been paying attention. Difference is this is an actually national security threat by having the country that's funneling fentanyl unlimited access to manipulate children.

They already do if you've been paying attention.

I have been which is why I have long argued we are not a Capitalist or free market nation.

Difference is this is an actually national security threat by having the country that's funneling fentanyl unlimited access to manipulate children.

So you now implicitly trust what the government tells you?

So with a ban in place and it slowing down access what will happen next?

PikBok will become the site of choice for people to post on. Then when that is banned, PinPek will become the popular site.
Good point!

Forum List

Back