Lawmakers block Pentagon move to transfer $1 billion for Trump's border wall

Budgetary reprogramming does not allow transfers from one Cabinet level department to another.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Umm..yeah.. that question isn't germane to the case in point, the DoD (aka "The Pentagon") is proposing to move around funds from programs within the DoD to the Army Corps of Engineers, which is (last time I checked) also within the DoD.

Is the DOD going to own/control/patrol the fence after it is built?

Or will the DHS do all that?

if they built the water plant instead, would they run / maintain that? keep in mind i'm against the wall itself so don't think my question means i support the wall.

i just DO NOT support picking and choosing when you toss out guidelines like this. the DoD has built a lot of shit over the years, do they maintain them all or turn them over when done? what is standard? googling now to better understand but you just seem to have a few flares and when stuck, fire one off as if it makes a difference.

If they built the water treatment plant for the Marines that plant would be used in support of said Marines, thus it makes sense for them to pay for it.

The fence will have nothing to do with the DOD once it is paid for. The DOD will have nothing to do with the fence once it is paid for.

Well , one can certainly give you credit for being highly creative as you MAKE SHIT UP AS YOU GO ALONG.

Unfortunately for your little thesis , Federal spending doesn't work that way, if it did the Army Corps of Engineers wouldn't be doing things like building and maintaining dikes to protect the citizens of New Orleans from flooding.

The DOD is essentially telling the DHS...”here, use our money to build your fence”.
No genius, they're not, they're proposing building a fence/wall/whatever the fuck Donny and Crew are calling this waste of money these days based on a claim that it's necessary to defend the borders of the nation and by proxy American Sovereignty which could be interpreted by some as having something to do with National Defense.

Whether you believe that claim or not is irrelevant to the fact that what the DoD is proposing is neither unusual nor a violation of the budgetary reprogramming precedent.

As you said the ACOE maintains the dikes, they are actively involved in their maintenance and operation and the funding is approved by Congress.

None of those things will be true for the fence.

Umm..yeah.. that question isn't germane to the case in point, the DoD (aka "The Pentagon") is proposing to move around funds from programs within the DoD to the Army Corps of Engineers, which is (last time I checked) also within the DoD.

if they built the water plant instead, would they run / maintain that? keep in mind i'm against the wall itself so don't think my question means i support the wall.

i just DO NOT support picking and choosing when you toss out guidelines like this. the DoD has built a lot of shit over the years, do they maintain them all or turn them over when done? what is standard? googling now to better understand but you just seem to have a few flares and when stuck, fire one off as if it makes a difference.

If they built the water treatment plant for the Marines that plant would be used in support of said Marines, thus it makes sense for them to pay for it.

The fence will have nothing to do with the DOD once it is paid for. The DOD will have nothing to do with the fence once it is paid for.

The DOD is essentially telling the DHS...”here, use our money to build your fence”.

great. except that wasn't my question. it was you dancing around the answer. so since you won't answer it i will.

https://comptroller.defense.gov/Por...ry_Construction_Defense-Wide_Consolidated.pdf

i seriously doubt once they complete this long list of projects, they will guard and maintain them. so - this doesn't seem to be common practice for the DoD construction projects. since this isn't common practice, it's a bit odd to ask for it in THIS projects now isn't it?

again - since you're quick to misrepresent what i'm saying - i DO NOT want the wall. I WOULD RATHER spend the $ on our vets to add value to their after service life. but i'm simply not into misrepresenting things simply because i don't like them.

The water treatment plant will be at Hadnot Point, which is part of the base, so yes it would be defended by the Marines that guard the rest of the base. It would also on an annual basis be paid for by the DOD to include operations and maintaining it.

The fence will not be on DOD property, it will not be guarded by the DOD and it will not be maintained by the DOD.

There is no comparison

i did my homework and gave you a long list of DoD construction projects in 2019. for your claim to be accurate, they would need to now maintain/defend/stay with each and every one of those projects.

adding on to a marine base - yes i would hope the marines would defend that too which is why i looked at ALL projects so i'm not speaking out my ass.

so to close this segment of our lives, you claim the DoD should do something for the wall they are not doing on a vast majority of projects by pointing out what they do when they build on a military base.

our circular logic of life is complete for today.

great. except that wasn't my question. it was you dancing around the answer. so since you won't answer it i will.

https://comptroller.defense.gov/Por...ry_Construction_Defense-Wide_Consolidated.pdf

i seriously doubt once they complete this long list of projects, they will guard and maintain them. so - this doesn't seem to be common practice for the DoD construction projects. since this isn't common practice, it's a bit odd to ask for it in THIS projects now isn't it?

again - since you're quick to misrepresent what i'm saying - i DO NOT want the wall. I WOULD RATHER spend the $ on our vets to add value to their after service life. but i'm simply not into misrepresenting things simply because i don't like them.

The water treatment plant will be at Hadnot Point, which is part of the base, so yes it would be defended by the Marines that guard the rest of the base. It would also on an annual basis be paid for by the DOD to include operations and maintaining it.

The fence will not be on DOD property, it will not be guarded by the DOD and it will not be maintained by the DOD.

There is no comparison

i did my homework and gave you a long list of DoD construction projects in 2019. for your claim to be accurate, they would need to now maintain/defend/stay with each and every one of those projects.

adding on to a marine base - yes i would hope the marines would defend that too which is why i looked at ALL projects so i'm not speaking out my ass.

so to close this segment of our lives, you claim the DoD should do something for the wall they are not doing on a vast majority of projects by pointing out what they do when they build on a military base.

I am looking at the list now and I do not see a single project that once completed would not be maintained, controlled and used by/for the DOD.

If you see such a project on the list please point it out.

Let’s see if you can find even one

Here is the list in case you lost yours suddenly.... https://partner-mco-archive.s3.amazonaws.com/client_files/1552944776.pdf

There is no comparison

I am looking at the list now and I do not see a single project that once completed would not be maintained, controlled and used by/for the DOD.

Here is the list in case you lost yours suddenly.... https://partner-mco-archive.s3.amazonaws.com/client_files/1552944776.pdf

so you answered my question w/o even looking at what i said.

later.

There is no comparison

so you answered my question w/o even looking at what i said.

later.

I looked at what you said and everything on the list fits the bill of being maintained/used/defended by the DOD.

Every single one

Well , one can certainly give you credit for being highly creative as you MAKE SHIT UP AS YOU GO ALONG.

Unfortunately for your little thesis , Federal spending doesn't work that way, if it did the Army Corps of Engineers wouldn't be doing things like building and maintaining dikes to protect the citizens of New Orleans from flooding.

No genius, they're not, they're proposing building a fence/wall/whatever the fuck Donny and Crew are calling this waste of money these days based on a claim that it's necessary to defend the borders of the nation and by proxy American Sovereignty which could be interpreted by some as having something to do with National Defense.

Whether you believe that claim or not is irrelevant to the fact that what the DoD is proposing is neither unusual nor a violation of the budgetary reprogramming precedent.

As you said the ACOE maintains the dikes, they are actively involved in their maintenance and operation and the funding is approved by Congress.

How many times do we have to cover the same ground before you'll understand how this process works? The only reason there's Democrat opposition to the proposal is purely political, if the DoD wanted to reprogram a $1 Billion to the Army Corps of Engineers to build igloos for the Eskimos in Alaska, the Congressional Democrats wouldn't utter a peep about it.

Based on your demonstrated complete lack of objectivity when it comes to anything having to do with Donny and the fact that you appear to be genetically incapable of admitting that your premise regarding Constitutionality was wrong, I'd guess the answer would be somewhere around INFINITE. Go do some homework and you'll find that there's nothing unusual about this reprogramming plan other than the fierce partisan political opposition to "the wall".

Heck if Daffy Donny stated that the Sun rises in the East and sets in West, you'd argue that he was only saying that to get a 3 hour jump from Mar-A-Largo on the people in California, which makes you as big of a clown show as he is.

How many times do we have to cover the same ground before you'll understand how this process works? The only reason there's Democrat opposition to the proposal is purely political, if the DoD wanted to reprogram a $1 Billion to the Army Corps of Engineers to build igloos for the Eskimos in Alaska, the Congressional Democrats wouldn't utter a peep about it.

Based on your demonstrated complete lack of objectivity when it comes to anything having to do with Donny and the fact that you appear to be genetically incapable of admitting that your premise regarding Constitutionality was wrong, I'd guess the answer would be somewhere around INFINITE. Go do some homework and you'll find that there's nothing unusual about this reprogramming plan other than the fierce partisan political opposition to "the wall".

Heck if Daffy Donny stated that the Sun rises in the East and sets in West, you'd argue that he was only saying that to get a 3 hour jump from Mar-A-Largo on the people in California, which makes you as big of a clown show as he is.

I have supported Trump on many issues and actions. The fact that I do not kiss his ass and do not think he walks on water does not mean I can’t admit when he does good.

There is no example of what Trump is trying to do now, which is why you are stuck bringing up the dikes and flood control that is budgeted for and appropriated for each and every year.

I have supported Trump on many issues and actions. The fact that I do not kiss his ass and do not think he walks on water does not mean I can’t admit when he does good.

There is no example of what Trump is trying to do now, which is why you are stuck bringing up the dikes and flood control that is budgeted for and appropriated for each and every year.

the fact i don't give a shit who sues who doesn't stop you from saying shit like i love me some lawsuits.

amazing how things get so twisted up when talking to you.

Uh-huh, I'm sure you're a veritable icon of objectivity, unfortunately the character you play on the Internet isn't.

.. Anywho, this concludes the class on Introduction to Federal Budget Reprogramming and how it relates to the "power of the purse".

Until next time.:beer:

Uh-huh, I'm sure you're a veritable icon of objectivity, unfortunately the character you play on the Internet isn't.

.. Anywho, this concludes the class on Introduction to Federal Budget Reprogramming and how it relates to the "power of the purse".

Until next time.:beer:

I accept your unconditional surrender

the fact i don't give a shit who sues who doesn't stop you from saying shit like i love me some lawsuits.

Got a little sand in your crack today?

You are whining more than normal today

see what i mean? i'm just chillin out pointing out how conversations with you go, and you have to characterize me in an extreme light cause that's what you do.

see what i mean? i'm just chillin out pointing out how conversations with you go, and you have to characterize me in an extreme light cause that's what you do.

Do you need a safe space? Maybe a little time out to draw a rainbow or unicorn?

Do you need a safe space? Maybe a little time out to draw a rainbow or unicorn?

oh look - you did it again!!!! :)

Once you had to admit not a single thing on the list did not fit the bill of being maintained/used by/defended by the DOD things have gone downhill fast.

Wouldn’t it be better to just admit you were wrong?

Once you had to admit not a single thing on the list did not fit the bill of being maintained/used by/defended by the DOD things have gone downhill fast.

good night johnboy. enough of this bullshit for now.

good night johnboy. enough of this bullshit for now.

Enjoy your safe space ! Make us some pretty pictures

You have to laugh at these clowns. Schiff for brains believes he commands the armed forces. Apparently he doesn't understand how our government works.

Lawmakers blocked the Department of Defense's move to transfer $1 billion for the construction of a physical barrier along the US-Mexico border, the latest showdown in the battle over the border wall that President Trump has vowed to build.

On Monday, the Pentagon authorized the transfer of funds to Army engineers for projects along the border, which include building 57 miles of 18-foot-high fencing, constructing and improving roads, and installing lighting in support of Department of Homeland Security and Customs and Border Patrol. The move was carried out under the president's declaration of a national emergency, the department said in a statement.

As Acting Secretary of Defense Patrick Shanahan was testifying before his committee, Rep. Adam Smith, the Democrat who chairs the House Armed Services Committee, released a letter denying the Pentagon's move to reprogram $1 billion.

"The House Committee on Armed Services has completed its review of the proposed reprogramming request," Smith's letter read, according to a copy obtained by Military Times. "The committee denies this request."

In a more detailed statement, Smith called the Department of Defense's decision to reprogram $1 billion without Congressional approval a violation of trust. "DoD is attempting to circumvent Congress and the American people's opposition to using taxpayer money for the construction of an unnecessary wall."

Seems that Congress has the power of the purse....but you never did care for the Constitution did you

Congress can help with the budget and spending bills but the military after reciving funds can spend the money as they desire within limits

Yes, they can spend the money as they desire within limits...and one of those limits is not transferring the money to a different department.
It isn't being transferred to different department, numbnuts. The Army Corp of Engineers is going to use it to build the wall.

Did
Fish don’t notice water...and you don’t notice your master. It just seems natural to you to servilely repeat the mantras.

you are so damn cute...I give you my view on the wall and you know it does not match that of anybody, so you resort to this.

how embarrassing for you.
Oh you are better than *everybody* lol.

No your view matches Pelosi’s. If she wins you win.

Yeah, I remember well Pelosi begging Trump to take money for fencing along the border.

you are not only stupid, you are as dishonest as Obama.

Dont try and burnish your credentials now. Do try and at least stay in your pro-Democrat anti- trump rant.

you are so cute when you try so hard to put me into the duopoly box. my very existence is beyond your limited ability to comprehend.

but it is not your fault, you cannot help that you were born a moron
You're a Dim. That's fairly obvious.

you are so damn cute...I give you my view on the wall and you know it does not match that of anybody, so you resort to this.

how embarrassing for you.
Oh you are better than *everybody* lol.

No your view matches Pelosi’s. If she wins you win.

Yeah, I remember well Pelosi begging Trump to take money for fencing along the border.

you are not only stupid, you are as dishonest as Obama.

Dont try and burnish your credentials now. Do try and at least stay in your pro-Democrat anti- trump rant.

you are so cute when you try so hard to put me into the duopoly box. my very existence is beyond your limited ability to comprehend.

but it is not your fault, you cannot help that you were born a moron
You're a Dim. That's fairly obvious.

He was just on another thread defending Obamacare.

Forum List

Back