Law Needed > To Regulate Pet Insurers & Veterinarians

fuckin big govt sucker
if you cant afford a pet, dont get one.
pretty fuckin simple
quit bitchin and be responsible!
givt is big enough!

XXXXXXX We're talking about having pet insurance be the way people insurance is. If it was that way (as it should be), then most pet owners COULD afford a pet. GET IT ?
As for for your dumb idea of favoring a small, weak wimpy govt, I'll shred you on that in another thread, where that is the topic, not here.

Last edited by a moderator:
My advice. Make pet insurance just like people insurance. Doctors get reimbursed, not patients. Do it by govt regulation, if necessary. Too many dogs and cats needing a home, and too many loving people willing to provide one, to do it any other way.

Wow. I thought the OP was a joke. But if you're serious, that makes out even funnier, if somewhat disturbing.

Big government is never funny.

Sounds like they've got YOU programmed.

Nothing funny going on here, and you're supposed to be disturbed by what you've read. If you're not, I don't know what you could be thinking.
How on earth could someone put millions of cat and dog pets dying needlessly, into the same framework as a "joke". Pheeeeeww!! (high-pitched whistle-eyes rolling around in head)

Here is an opportunity for you to start a business, offering no-deductible, no out of pocket, pet insurance.

I'd be more likely to buy pet insurance if it were offered on that model. Right now, it's a rip off - so I don't buy it.

BUT, instead of bitching and demanding that big brother take care of your pet, do something constructive and offer an alternative.

Who knows, it might make you millions....

I've already offered the alternative. To simply have pet health insurance be handled the same way people health insurance is handled. With care done first, and the doctor (veterinarian) reimbursed second. Seems simple enough. :eusa_clap: And my mission isn't to bitch. It is to promote helpful change.

Last edited:
Seeing as it is about insurance and controlling how a medical professional does business yes it is.

Like I said, in addition to making pet health insurance like human health insurance "Odoggycare (and Ocattycare) wouldn't be a bad idea. Some businesses need to be controlled for the PROTECTION of the American people (and our pets) . So in that regard, I say go get'm govt. KICK ASS!

Are you a pet owner ? If so, you need to know about this. Currently, veterinarian costs are sky high. To save your dog or cat's life, he/she may need a surgery costing thousands of dollars. You have it on hand to pay the veterinarian upfront ? Under the current "system" if you don't, your pet dies. Simple as that.

Sound shocking ? It is indeed. So what remedy might it be to have pet insurance ? Generally, none whatsoever. That's because, universally, veterinarians require YOU to pay up front, BEFORE any surgery is done, and then you get reimbursed AFTER (2 weeks maybe) the surgery.

Isn't that great and dandy ? And for the great majority of us who don't have thousands of $$$ ready to hand over the counter, we get told the best thing might be to euthanize (kill) you cat or dog. You may not like this, but it is exactly the way they are doing it.

And the AVMA (American Veterinary Medical Association is no better than the pet insurers. Their policy on Pet Insurance is in contradiction to some of their alleged fundamental policies. These are:

1. (under Pet Insurance)>> "Reimburse the animal owner,..., for fees previously paid to the veterinarian."

2. (Under Mission Statement) >>
"...to improve animal and human health.."

3. (under Principles of Veterinary Medical Ethics, V. Influences on Judgement) >> "The choice of treatments or animal care should not be influenced by considerations other than the needs of the patient, the welfare of the client,.."

By having their #8 in their Pet Insurance section, their policy is to allow millions of pets to suffer & die needlessly, just to slightly convenience the veterinarian. The great majority of pet owners can't afford to pay thousands of $$ for surgeries up front, and vets thereby suggest that the animals be euthanized. This is hypocritical and preposterous.

Congress! Your approval ratings are at all time lows. Finally you can do something to HELP (remember that concept?) the American people. ACT!!

OK call a caucus for pet owners. set up a policy that represents pet owners. And invest in collective insurance program that all pet owners agree to per state or region or organization. if this is done FREELY and NOT BY FORCE OF LAW, then you will set a better example than what the schmucks are arguing about with people insurance. they couldn't resolve their conflicts and what ended up passing nobody wants to pay for but its forced.\

if you can do better, you can set up a model to follow. maybe policy schools or govt/law programs should pay to do this, and train mediators/admins there to come up with solutions. so whatever you arrive at FREELY thorugh your networks or entities, then other health care groups could model programs for people likewise, without imposing conflicts.

Who's going to be IMPOSED on ? We pet owners (and our pets) ? > by the veterinarian industry (led by their lobby, the AVMA), or: them by us, through our elected representitives (AKA the govt). I pick the latter.

I've already offered the alternative.

No you haven't, you've whined that daddy gubmint needs to take care of your every whim and want.

You've pouted and demanded - but that isn't offering anything.

To simply have pet health insurance be handled the same way people health insurance is handled.

Then start a company and offer it that way.

With care done first, and the doctor (veterinarian) reimbursed second. Seems simple enough. :eusa_clap: And my mission isn't to bitch. It is to promote helpful change.

Your mission is the extend your dependance on government.

If you want change, make a change.

I haven't dictated it, the forum has. Maybe you never read the USMB Site Guidelines and Regulations ? Here's a sample of it for you >> "Off-topic posts may be edited, trashed, deleted, or moved to an appropriate forum as per administrator & moderator discretion at any time within any forum and/or sub forum." Get it ?

As for the importance of saving the lives our pets, if you don't think it's as important as many of the silly things Congress does, maybe you shouldn't be a pet owner.

So...

Have you been hitting that "report post" button?

Doing so repeatedly makes you REAL popular with the mods, spunky....

Yeah ? well here's another quote for you from the USMB Site Guidelines and Regulations, since you don't seem to be too up on it >> "No Discussing infractions, bans, banned members, or specific moderator actions or duties on the open boards."

Here's another >> "Members may NOT negatively impact the reputation of the same person more that 1 time in a 48 hour period."

You might try just posting (within the rules), and not worry about what other posters are doing.

Yeah ? well here's another quote for you from the USMB Site Guidelines and Regulations, since you don't seem to be too up on it >> "No Discussing infractions, bans, banned members, or specific moderator actions or duties on the open boards."

Here's another >> "Members may NOT negatively impact the reputation of the same person more that 1 time in a 48 hour period."

You might try just posting (within the rules), and not worry about what other posters are doing.

AOL is off that way pal...

Don't let the door hit you in the ass.

No you haven't, you've whined that daddy gubmint needs to take care of your every whim and want.
What a lame post. First you complain that I haven't offered alternative, and then in the same post, you quote the alternative that I offered. ("To simply have pet health insurance be handled the same way people health insurance is handled.")
Pheeeeeww!! (high-pitched whistle) Are you OK, dude ? I mean really.

Then start a company and offer it that way.
Oh so that's what we should have to do ? in order to get a simple pet insurance policy operating on a normal sensible way, that doesn't cause millions of pets to suffer & die, huh ? Are you nuts ?

With care done first, and the doctor (veterinarian) reimbursed second. Seems simple enough. :eusa_clap: And my mission isn't to bitch. It is to promote helpful change.

Your mission is the extend your dependance on government. If you want change, make a change.
That's what we PAY elected officials to do, hadn't you heard ? Obviously, you're a small govt freak. Silly ideology, but you have a right to hold that opinion, but not in this thread, where it's off topic, and I'm getting tired of telling you about it. If I have to again , then yeah I will hit that report button. Stay on topic, or find another thread. Got it ?

AOL is off that way pal...

Don't let the door hit you in the ass.

Got no idea what this is supposed to mean. :confused:

What a lame post.

What a useless troll of a poster you are.

I assume you are about 12?

First you complain that I haven't offered alternative, and then in the same post, you quote the alternative that I offered. ("To simply have pet health insurance be handled the same way people health insurance is handled.")
Pheeeeeww!! (high-pitched whistle) Are you OK, dude ? I mean really.

Then offer it, dumbfuck.

Instead - you demand that daddy gubmint take care of you.

Oh so that's what we should have to do ?

Yes, that's what grown ups do.

in order to get a simple pet insurance policy operating on a normal sensible way, that doesn't cause millions of pets to suffer & die, huh ? Are you nuts ?

Every product or service there is, came about because someone saw a problem as an opportunity and offered a solution.

That's what we PAY elected officials to do, hadn't you heard ? Obviously, you're a small govt freak. Silly ideology, but you have a right to hold that opinion, but not in this thread, where it's off topic, and I'm getting tired of telling you about it. If I have to again , then yeah I will hit that report button. Stay on topic, or find another thread. Got it ?

Obviously you are a child, looking for hand outs.

Fuck off now.

Are you a pet owner ? If so, you need to know about this. Currently, veterinarian costs are sky high. To save your dog or cat's life, he/she may need a surgery costing thousands of dollars. You have it on hand to pay the veterinarian upfront ? Under the current "system" if you don't, your pet dies. Simple as that.

Sound shocking ? It is indeed. So what remedy might it be to have pet insurance ? Generally, none whatsoever. That's because, universally, veterinarians require YOU to pay up front, BEFORE any surgery is done, and then you get reimbursed AFTER (2 weeks maybe) the surgery.

Isn't that great and dandy ? And for the great majority of us who don't have thousands of $$$ ready to hand over the counter, we get told the best thing might be to euthanize (kill) you cat or dog. You may not like this, but it is exactly the way they are doing it.

And the AVMA (American Veterinary Medical Association is no better than the pet insurers. Their policy on Pet Insurance is in contradiction to some of their alleged fundamental policies. These are:

1. (under Pet Insurance)>> "Reimburse the animal owner,..., for fees previously paid to the veterinarian."

3. (under Principles of Veterinary Medical Ethics, V. Influences on Judgement) >> "The choice of treatments or animal care should not be influenced by considerations other than the needs of the patient, the welfare of the client,.."

By having their #8 in their Pet Insurance section, their policy is to allow millions of pets to suffer & die needlessly, just to slightly convenience the veterinarian. The great majority of pet owners can't afford to pay thousands of $$ for surgeries up front, and vets thereby suggest that the animals be euthanized. This is hypocritical and preposterous.

Congress! Your approval ratings are at all time lows. Finally you can do something to HELP (remember that concept?) the American people. ACT!!

My vet will work out a payment plan if I don't have the cash on hand. Many will, just ask.

I can use a credit card to cover the vet cost then pay off your credit card.

Many vets (including mine) offer a credit card from them that, as long as you make monthly payments, you will not be charged interest.

Pet owners should put aside an amount every week/month/year for their pet's medical needs and for emergencies so when they need something expensive, the money is on hand to pay for it.

What a useless troll of a poster you are. I assume you are about 12?
From the way you talk, it hardly matters to me what you assume, but I'll let you know I'm 67, and I wonder if I should even bother talking to you AT ALL. :lol:

Then offer it, dumbfuck.
Yeah ? And what if I don't want to "offer it", huh ? So you think every time the American people get crapped on by a business sector and their running dog lobbyists, we should all go out and open a business, huh ? I can see the Reaganists have got you programmed all the way. Don't like the way we do govt here in the US ? Guess what, Reagan clone (or is it clown?) > you have alternatives. You could move. Let's see. How about Egypt ? Muslim Brotherhood doesn't like our govt either. You might fit right in there, you think ? Then there's always Syria. Heard they've come up with a shortage of people there lately. Or maybe you could do Palestine ? There's a small govt for ya, huh ? Bon Voyage! :lol:

Last edited:
Got no idea what this is supposed to mean. :confused:

It means that you're on the wrong board, shit fer brains.

Obviously, this forum is highly tolerant of idiots who, incapable of expressing intelligent thought, instead resort to the barbarian level of hurling obscenities. :lol:

You can do that all day. But all you do is show everybody how little you have to say. As for the board, any board is the right board for me, and from what I see so far here, it looks like any board is the wrong board for you, until you grow up, and at least get past the little boy bad word stage. :lol: :rolleyes:

BTW, Libertarians are nothing but Republicans who want to do drugs.

Last edited:

My vet will work out a payment plan if I don't have the cash on hand. Many will, just ask.

Many vets (including mine) offer a credit card from them that, as long as you make monthly payments, you will not be charged interest.

Pet owners should put aside an amount every week/month/year for their pet's medical needs and for emergencies so when they need something expensive, the money is on hand to pay for it.

I have gotten some payment slack from my vet too. Also, I should note that the PetFirst insurance company offers a scenario in which if your vet allows a payment plan, you can then fax the invoice to PetFirst, and they will immediately reimburse you for the whole amount. The you pay the vet in full, and make payments to PetFirst.

Another one is the insurance that the ASPCA recently started. On their claim form (you can see it online), there are 2 boxes. One is to check for pet owner reimburse. Other is for veterinarian reimburse (same as people insurance). Only problem is with this one, the vet has to OK it, and they generally don't (unless you can talk them into it)..

Best thing still would be for the whole industry to just do as people health insurance does.
The old story here. If they choose to let us take the fall, we kick their ass with regulation. If they ask for it - they get it.

Good suggestions you offer though. Thanks.

I have gotten some payment slack from my vet too. Also, I should note that the PetFirst insurance company offers a scenario in which if your vet allows a payment plan, you can then fax the invoice to PetFirst, and they will immediately reimburse you for the whole amount. The you pay the vet in full, and make payments to PetFirst.

Another one is the insurance that the ASPCA recently started. On their claim form (you can see it online), there are 2 boxes. One is to check for pet owner reimburse. Other is for veterinarian reimburse (same as people insurance). Only problem is with this one, the vet has to OK it, and they generally don't (unless you can talk them into it)..

Best thing still would be for the whole industry to just do as people health insurance does.
The old story here. If they choose to let us take the fall, we kick their ass with regulation. If they ask for it - they get it.

Good suggestions you offer though. Thanks.

Well, I'm not in favor of the government running health exchanges for people so I'd be against it for pets as well.

Oh, if the pet insurance will only reimburse the owner and not the vet, the owner could charge the expense on a credit card then pay if off when they get the insurance check.

Pet insurance is awesome.

I made sure I took it out when I became a breeder.

Not understanding these responses at all.

Forum List

Back