LaVoy Finicum, armed with a handgun, reached for his waistband just before he was shot

Shooting at a vehicle rushing a police blockade is absolutely justified. As is shooting a man reaching for a gun to murder an Oregon State Trooper

What was the reason for the blockade?

Cops must have x-ray vision to see the "gun in the pocket".

The reason for the blockade?

How about months of armed occupation of the US govt building?

Sheesh.

You people are completely out of touch with reality.

Get a clue.

What US govt building was occupied for months?

lefties have been telling us that places like that the people own not the government

The people ARE the govt.
The govt IS the people.

The right tells us these welfare queens should get a pass on their crimes. I don't agree.

Is it just me or does this case not say that maybe spending our money on body cameras isn't going to do much for cutting costs on lawsuits and repairing relations between citizens and government employees :/

Shooting at a vehicle rushing a police blockade is absolutely justified. As is shooting a man reaching for a gun to murder an Oregon State Trooper

A man known to be armed and having just tried to run a police blockade and narrowly missing a police officer that has been ordered to get on the ground three times ....who reaches for his pocket instead?

He's getting shot. And its completely justified.

Polishing this turd isn't going to make the circumstances of a very justified shooting change in the slightest.

I never claimed shooting was or wasn't justified. When I joined this thread my first question was : Is this execution or justifiable killing?

Why would he reached for the pocket after he already had his hands in the air?

Even if he did reached for the gun, that was only after he was being shot at. Killing him after he reached for the gun would be justified. Shooting him before he reached for the gun is not.

they shot at him them /when as they approached the blockade

they shot at him when his hands are up as soon as he is exiting the vehicle
Yes, they did. Immediately following him nearly running one of them over.

however his hands are raised when shot at

so you admit that

the jury will see that too

Sheesh.

Get a clue.

lefties have been telling us that places like that the people own not the government

The people ARE the govt.
The govt IS the people.

The right tells us these welfare queens should get a pass on their crimes. I don't agree.

so it is not the peoples land is what you are now claiming

A man known to be armed and having just tried to run a police blockade and narrowly missing a police officer that has been ordered to get on the ground three times ....who reaches for his pocket instead?

Polishing this turd isn't going to make the circumstances of a very justified shooting change in the slightest.

I never claimed shooting was or wasn't justified. When I joined this thread my first question was : Is this execution or justifiable killing?

Even if he did reached for the gun, that was only after he was being shot at. Killing him after he reached for the gun would be justified. Shooting him before he reached for the gun is not.

so you admit that

If I were on such a jury, I would give great consideration to the fact that he almost ran over one of the law enforcement officers.

Sheesh.

Get a clue.

The people ARE the govt.
The govt IS the people.

so it is not the peoples land is what you are now claiming

RWNJs always have to lie and twist. Read my words again or, for Pete's sake, use your brain. Its not a matter of what I "claim".. Its simply fact that -

The people ARE the govt.
The govt IS the people.

so you admit that

If I were on such a jury, I would give great consideration to the fact that he almost ran over one of the law enforcement officers.

They will also consider his stated goal his stated intent.

All of them were armed and all of them demanded a showdown with the law. They continued to break the law in order to force that showdown.

They got what they wanted and Finicum certainly got what he SAID he wanted.

so you admit that

you would not make the selection

You're done.

Haha, you're funny. Keep it up sidestep. I think it's going to be funny when I start shooting at you and your car while you have your hands up and you freak out. All I have to do is tell you, "I'm not hitting you" and it'll be just fine.
It was fine with LeVoy. He got what he wanted. When asked if he would rather be killed by police rather than arrested by them, his answer was, "absolutely."

so you admit that

They will also consider his stated goal his stated intent.

All of them were armed and all of them demanded a showdown with the law. They continued to break the law in order to force that showdown.

They got what they wanted and Finicum certainly got what he SAID he wanted.

intent if they intended to have a shoot out with the cops

all of their rifles and pistols would not have been under the front seat of the truck

as the so far released photos show

so you admit that

So? There's also not likely going to be a jury hearing such a case. We're talking hypotheticals. But if there were, such a jury will consider all of the evidence, including how Finicum came within inches of killing a law enforcement officer just seconds before his car was shot at. Which, by the way, is also evidence that the police did not target Finicum with his hands up. They shot at the car, not Finicum. The bullet which took out Bundy's window entered through the roof of the vehicle and exited out the window.

Last edited:
For the record I do not believe I EVER said 'not over 40mph', but 40-50 mph and then even after looking and re-thinking I may have said it could have been more. I still do not think it was 70, but whatever.
"So according to your estimate of ten car lengths, he was going what I estimated from watching the video: around 40 MPH TOPS" - teddyearp

What post #? And where is the one where I recanted?
I even fucking linked it. :eusa_doh: Do you need your hand held to accomplish this task? Cause if you do, you'll have to get someone else to do that for ya.

so you admit that

So? There's also not likely going to be a jury hearing such a case. We're talking hypotheticals. But if there were, such a jury will consider all of the evidence, including how Finicum came within inches of killing a law enforcement officer just seconds before his car was shot at. Which, by the way, is also evidence that the police did not target Finicum with his hands up. They shot at the car, not Finicum. The bullet which took out Bundy's window entered through the roof of the vehicle and exited out the window.

A case can be made that law enforcement acted in self defense.

For the record I do not believe I EVER said 'not over 40mph', but 40-50 mph and then even after looking and re-thinking I may have said it could have been more. I still do not think it was 70, but whatever.
"So according to your estimate of ten car lengths, he was going what I estimated from watching the video: around 40 MPH TOPS" - teddyearp

I even fucking linked it. :eusa_doh: Do you need your hand held to accomplish this task? Cause if you do, you'll have to get someone else to do that for ya.

You took the time to find it. But your link does not go to that post, so sorry charlie.

You took the time to find it. But your link does not go to that post, so sorry charlie.
My link goes to your post where you said, "I estimated from watching the video: around 40 MPH TOPS," which I posted in response to your claim of not recalling saying any such thing.

Yup, you said it alright; and the link I gave takes you right to your post.

so you admit that

A case can be made that law enforcement acted in self defense.
They absolutely can. Here's a schmuck approaching them at a high rate of speed after running from the police after being pulled over and after nearly running one of them over after saying publically he would not be taken alive after brandishing a weapon in his hand at the prospect of police coming to arrest him.

Forum List

Back