Latino Lawmaker Rips Obama for Making It Harder for Illegals to Buy Private Insurance

Absolutely, Care.

But this is where xenophobia leads you...to authoritarianism. This carding American citizens to ensure that an illegal somewhere doesn't scam the system is the biggest slippery slope of all.

You are also right...business shouldn't be charged with enforcing immigration policy.

How is letting people buy insurance with their own money giving them stuff?

This entire thread proves illegals wont be allowed to be covered by this new plan. Good.

LOL..(by the way, this wont hurt obama with the hispanic vote, they wont EVER forget what the republicans did towards Sotomayor.....)

i love the way you ignorant fucks love to place everyone in your manageble little box.

You meant to be funny here right? First you say, I love the way you ignorant fucks.....then you mention our imanageble little box.

Thats funny.

What are you...an idiot? Since when do ILLEGAL ALIENS make enough money to afford their OWN health insurance? Simply put this is about giving away something to a bunch of lawbreakers THAT HAVE NO FUCKING RIGHT TO IT!!!!

According to a PEW INSTITUTE study, nearly half of illegal immigrants have health insurance.

Are you silly? Illegals are not just picking tomatoes in this country....they are everywhere, including in jobs where employers offer health care insurance benefits.

care

Who hired them? Didnt they break the law by hiring illegals? Why wont this country go after these law breaking employers?

What are you...an idiot? Since when do ILLEGAL ALIENS make enough money to afford their OWN health insurance? Simply put this is about giving away something to a bunch of lawbreakers THAT HAVE NO FUCKING RIGHT TO IT!!!!

According to a PEW INSTITUTE study, nearly half of illegal immigrants have health insurance.

Are you silly? Illegals are not just picking tomatoes in this country....they are everywhere, including in jobs where employers offer health care insurance benefits.

care

Who hired them? Didnt they break the law by hiring illegals? Why wont this country go after these law breaking employers?

yes they did break the law by hiring them and if the 'employers' was where those against illegal immigrants were concentrating their efforts, we might have actually seen a reduction in them....

if there were no jobs to be had here, there would be very, very few illegal immigrants...that's just the bottom line imo.

Think about it! You are arguing that we shouldn't let illegals buy health insurance? :confused: LOL, do you really think by not allowing the illegal to get health insurance, that we will deny him/her healtcare? Absolutely not. The illegal will just go to the emergency room or "free" clinic and get FREE healthcare! Taking away an illegals right to get health insurance is ass-backwards and only hurts the legal citizens of this country.

If you want to combat illegal immigrations once against it starts with (1) EMPLOYERS (make it impossible to hire illegal), (2) LANDLORDS (make it very punitive to rent to illegals), (3) SANCTUARY CITIES (if your a sanctuary city you get no funding), (4) LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT (Give local police officers that ability to detain and start the deportation process for illegals no matter how they are caught - could be a broken tail-light) and (5) for god sake detain them at the hospital (Yes we will give you free healthcare and make you well, but after that point you are detain and the deportation process starts)!

Denying health insurance is beyond illogical and counter-productive! I honestly wish more illegals would get health insurance!

im a democrat give me free stuff

863720665_8d9f2b1f19.jpg

I'm a Republican, let's start another war on the basis of lies, and fail in that war while making a few chosen corperations extremely wealthy, then cheer when those corperation moves to Dubia.

I'm a Republican, let's pursue economic policies that gaurentee the bankruputcy of our nation, but concentrate what is left of the wealth at the top. After all, what is the fate of the nation compared to the enhancement of the very wealthy's pot of gold?

Last edited:
Why are the Republicans playing the illegal immigrant card? Perhaps we need to remind them that the majority of the illegal immigrants crossed our southern border after 9-11. Bush could have closed that border with full support of American Citizens in 2001. He choose not to, why?

I happen to agree with the idea that illegals should be MANDATED to buy health insurance. If Americans will be fined 3800 for not having it, so should the "undocumented"

Unfortunately, most would be eligible for free Medicare which is what this whole issue is about.

How are they eligible for FREE MEDICARE?

It might be of great help to you to investigate and actually learn the difference between MEDICARE and Medicaid!

care

yes they did break the law by hiring them and if the 'employers' was where those against illegal immigrants were concentrating their efforts, we might have actually seen a reduction in them....

if there were no jobs to be had here, there would be very, very few illegal immigrants...that's just the bottom line imo.

See that is the problem! Reagan thought hell no incentive then no illegals! Even though he created a plan to get rid of the incentive, no one enforced it! The incentive persists!

Obama is letting the xenophobes dictate the debate. Logically, the more people that buy health care the lower the premiums for everyone.

why should tax paying xenophobes be forced to pay for medical care for residents of another country? those illegals aren't going to buy healthcare, they are going to claim they cannot afford it (notice there is a section in the bill that forbids fining them for not having insurance) and they will be provided access to the "public option" know how I know? cause the demoncwats have voted down every proposal set forth that would identify them as illegal residents.

Obama is letting the xenophobes dictate the debate. Logically, the more people that buy health care the lower the premiums for everyone.

why should tax paying xenophobes be forced to pay for medical care for residents of another country? those illegals aren't going to buy healthcare, they are going to claim they cannot afford it (notice there is a section in the bill that forbids fining them for not having insurance) and they will be provided access to the "public option" know how I know? cause the demoncwats have voted down every proposal set forth that would identify them as illegal residents.

sorry willow but that was the biggest crock of poopie!!!!!

most all poor will get their health insurance through medicaid eligibility, which excludes all illegal immigrants, (2006 mandate)

eligibilty credits, for those who make more than the medicaid qualifications, who are still poor, will be means tested for the affordability credits and illegals, as the bill states will be ineligible for these credits.

Those illegal immigrants willing to buy insurance, the near 50% that are buying their own health insurance NOW, should be allowed to buy their own insurance, without gvt assistance....IF NOT ALLOWED to buy their own insurance policies, then we will all be paying their emergency room costs through taxes or through higher insurance fees willow?.

care

most all poor will get their health insurance through medicaid eligibility, which excludes all illegal immigrants, (2006 mandate)

eligibilty credits, for those who make more than the medicaid qualifications, who are still poor, will be means tested for the affordability credits and illegals, as the bill states will be ineligible for these credits.

Those illegal immigrants willing to buy insurance, the near 50% that are buying their own health insurance NOW, should be allowed to buy their own insurance, without gvt assistance....IF NOT ALLOWED to buy their own insurance policies, then we will all be paying their emergency room costs through taxes or through higher insurance fees willow?.

care

nope! I'm unconvinced. the gov. is unable to identify and remove them the gov is unable to secure the borders, I have absolutely no illusion that the gov will prevent them from gaining access to taxpayer funded healthcare. the gov makes we xenophope taxpayers pay for their educatin hey we even give them in state tuition and deny it to Americans.. so you will forgive me for not trusting what you say. especially in light of the fact the democwats have voted down every resolution allowing the us gov. to actually verify citizenship. next?

care

nope! I'm unconvinced. the gov. is unable to identify and remove them the gov is unable to secure the borders, I have absolutely no illusion that the gov will prevent them from gaining access to taxpayer funded healthcare. the gov makes we xenophope taxpayers pay for their educatin hey we even give them in state tuition and deny it to Americans.. so you will forgive me for not trusting what you say. especially in light of the fact the democwats have voted down every resolution allowing the us gov. to actually verify citizenship. next?

some of the democrats in the committee turned down the IDIOTIC republican plan to make private businesses card citizens for citizenship...the repubs put this costly burden on to the INSURANCE COMPANIES.....which is WRONG to do...the dems did acknowledge that proof of citizenship will be enforced, but NOT BY A PRIVATE BUSINESS....but a government agency, like medicaid, who checks and verifies citizenship...

of course you just remouthed the lies about why the repub bill was voted down in committee....sheesh!:doubt:

even after you have been told eons of times why the bill was RIGHTFULLY shot down.

Paying for emergency care costs you and me MUCH MORE ya know?

and of course some, very few, may beat the system....SO WHAT?

I though we were talking about not letting them buy private healthcare! :confused: If we are talking about not letting illegals into the public option or any UHC system in the future, then I am all for it!

Not allowing treatment at the hospital reaches into moral areas, in which sympathy would easily slide in favor of the person in peril! A better method is treat the person, but then detain the person and deport them!

care

That is so simple and true. This is all about $$ and America makes too much off them.

The illegals go where the money is. Period.

Excellent point.

If an illegal immigrant is restricted from purchasing private insurance from a private insurance company, are the also restricted from purchasing a DVD player from Walmart?

Can the Government dictate to whom a private business can or cannot sell their products?

See, this is what I mean by xenophobic...Willow is a prime example.

Most illegals would happily become Americans and many more would buy affordable health care.

One of your fellow wingnuts posted a passage of the bill a couple of weeks back that included the language that indeed illegals would be penalized for not having health care.

care

some of the democrats in the committee turned down the IDIOTIC republican plan to make private businesses card citizens for citizenship...the repubs put this costly burden on to the INSURANCE COMPANIES.....which is WRONG to do...the dems did acknowledge that proof of citizenship will be enforced, but NOT BY A PRIVATE BUSINESS....but a government agency, like medicaid, who checks and verifies citizenship...

of course you just remouthed the lies about why the repub bill was voted down in committee....sheesh!:doubt:

even after you have been told eons of times why the bill was RIGHTFULLY shot down.

Paying for emergency care costs you and me MUCH MORE ya know?

and of course some, very few, may beat the system....SO WHAT?

and secondly I don't trust people who call me a liar, including your guy who tells a fairs share of them themselves. convince me shomehow that the demos are serious and I will listen.. til then :eusa_hand: an e verify is the way to go,, I don't care who does it.

See, this is what I mean by xenophobic...Willow is a prime example.

Most illegals would happily become Americans and many more would buy affordable health care.

One of your fellow wingnuts posted a passage of the bill a couple of weeks back that included the language that indeed illegals would be penalized for not having health care.

calling me xenophopic does not erase their illegality,, so stuff that crap,, if you want to put a label on me that's fine but their azzess are still illegal and you haven't told me yet why we should be forced to pay for their medical care and education.

who's paying for their care NOW willow? You and me, you betcha...

To not let illegals buy their own health insurance without any government help, is absurd and will only make the bill HIGHER for all of us because we will be paying for all of the emergency room care for all the souls without insurance...and that is just plain STUPID to WANT to put this burden on to us instead of the people who need the care...let them buy insurance if they can, for goodness sakes, until homeland security or ins sends them home.

Forum List

Back