Late Night Radio Host Art Bell Of 'Coast2Coast AM' Dead At 72

• Banned
That sux. I used to listen to Art

-Geaux
Indeed, they're playing an old clip of a guy who called in Art's show from his airplane on a cell phone who said he was going to fly into Area 51 and get to the bottom of what's going on out there. He made it past the restricted zone and an F-16 got after him. Art kept telling him to get out of there or he was going to get shot down. Next thing you know he was revving his engines and he then says he sees a hanger door opening up and some kind of rail gun point at him and it shot at him. Next thing he says he's going down and everything goes dead and silent. Art then says folks, I don't know what just happened.

Here's the recording. Probably the most dramatic “Call ins” that Art Bell ever had. I remember hearing it Live.

When I worked out at China Lake in the Mojave, there was something creepy about listening to Art in middle of the night out there. Good radio

-Geaux

I liked to listen to Bell and Noory late night.

They were goofy fun and spooky thrilling.

Great entertainment.

Last edited:
Fans will have to settle for "Ancient Aliens"

28deyv.jpg

72 is not old. What did he die of?

According to Wikipedia:

Art Bell died April 13, 2018 at age 72 at his home in Pahrump, Nevada.[66] An autopsy was scheduled for the following days to determine the cause of his death.[67]

Bell had suffered from health problems in the previous years. He posted on his website in July 2016 that he was hospitalized for pneumonia and revealed at the time that he suffered from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.[68]

The average life expectancy is about 80 years old. 72 is pretty old if you're not in the best of health to begin with.

Probably died because he lived in Pahrump, home of the (in)famous Sheri's Ranch and The Chicken Ranch.

1003482784_ranch_publici_10_2.jpg

'nuf said. :)

Forum List

Back