Last night: Dante followed a suspicious acting youth and reproted him to authorities

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
Last night: Dante followed a suspicious acting youth and reproted him to authorities

Young guy was standing next to my nephew's motorcycle parked on street directly in front of my apt building. I was walking home with groceries and he seemed to hurry away (whatever that means) as I entered into crosswalk, a few houses down. Noticed he was acting suspicious, stood and watched him and then I saw him tag a few properties nearby. He did not see me watching him.

I saw my nephew coming out of the building and he laughed at my concern, but being a good citizen and neighborhood activist, I put groceries inside and rode one of my bikes, the beach cruiser bicycle, in the direction of the unsub, the perp, the little prick.

I saw what looked like him and got close, white kid with hoodie on and backpack...long story short, after reporting him and riding back home, I saw the real little bastard. He had long straight hair, looked to be latino, mid-late twenties, anarchist look about his dress, dressed in all black with backpack, cap on head, boots on, cocky swagger...reported him.

If he had been a black youth, would I have been accused of racial profiling by many here and elsewhere? The first youth was white non-Hispanic, the second was white Hispanic. Upon first noticing the youth I had no idea if he would be white, black, light skinned...

How is what Dante did any different than what George Zimmerman did with Trayvon Martin?

Last edited:
Racial profiling is the use of an individual’s race or ethnicity as a key factor in deciding whether to engage in enforcement

How do you know I didn't use race as a key factor? White and Hispanic kids tag the neighborhood. But you did not address a few obvious issues regarding what you know about my situation last night and what you know about Zimmerman's situation

So, you are a unemployed punk with nothing better to do than harass kids, that are minding their own business.

Racial profiling is the use of an individual’s race or ethnicity as a key factor in deciding whether to engage in enforcement

How do you know I didn't use race as a key factor? White and Hispanic kids tag the neighborhood. But you did not address a few obvious issues regarding what you know about my situation last night and what you know about Zimmerman's situation

You didn't specify, I didn't assume.

So was race the key factor?

I addressed the information you gave us.

You don't know if it was a factor or a key factor in my situation or in Zimmerman's situation. How could you unless either of us told somebody it were?

You did fail to address: If the youth had been a black youth, would I have been accused of racial profiling by many here and elsewhere? The first youth was white non-Hispanic, the second was white Hispanic. Upon first noticing the youth I had no idea if he would be white, black, light skinned...

How is what Dante did any different than what George Zimmerman did with Trayvon Martin?

Last edited:

You don't know if it was a factor or a key factor in my situation or in Zimmerman's situation. How could you unless either of us told somebody it were?

You did fail to address: If the youth had been a black youth, would I have been accused of racial profiling by many here and elsewhere? The first youth was white non-Hispanic, the second was white Hispanic. Upon first noticing the youth I had no idea if he would be white, black, light skinned...

To be honest with you I have not posted or commented on the zimmerman/trayvon situation.

I have not invested any time on it.

I just looked at your situation.

Ciao

To be honest with you I have not posted or commented on the zimmerman/trayvon situation.

I have not invested any time on it.

I just looked at your situation.

Ciao

cool. I'm curious how people perceive things.

Forum List

Back