Larry Holmes

Underrated champion
Yeah. Following Ali was tough.

He is my fav boxer of all time, and arguably the best right hand destroyer too.

Larry Holmes beat whoever was put in front of him

Unfortunately, the heavyweight ranks were not very deep and Holmes never had one of those historic victories

Ali fought Liston, Frazier, Norton, Forman and scored big wins against impressive opponents......Holmes never did

Underrated champion

Unfortunately, the heavyweight ranks were not very deep and Holmes never had one of those historic victories

Ali fought Liston, Frazier, Norton, Forman and scored big wins against impressive opponents......Holmes never did

Holmes beat Ali, granted Ali was old

Underrated champion

Holmes beat Ali, granted Ali was old

It was a sad sendoff for an old champ

Like when Rocky Marciano beat Joe Lewis or Mike Tyson beat Larry Holmes

Not a signature victory for Larry Holmes

• Banned
Underrated champion

Good point. But I think Holmes would have kept up with all those guys.

Impressive he kept all his dough and never let Don King's filthy claws suck the boxing life out of him.

Foreman fought and won long after Tyson's best days, even. The double-arm block, baby!

Gotta give ol' George something for having longevity!

Not saying it's true but i've read holmes was good at sticking his thumb in the opponents eye. I don't like that and it's against the rules too.

Underrated champion

Good point. But I think Holmes would have kept up with all those guys.

Impressive he kept all his dough and never let Don King's filthy claws suck the boxing life out of him.

I think Larry Holmes could have held his own against the best

But by the time he became champ he was fighting aged leftovers from the Ali era and Gerry Cooney

Foreman fought and won long after Tyson's best days, even. The double-arm block, baby!

So True. The 1970's and early 80's was the last great yrs of one heck of a run for Heavyweights. The 70's and 30's being the best 2 decades imho.

So True. The 1970's and early 80's was the last great yrs of one heck of a run for Heavyweights. The 70's and 30's being the best 2 decades imho.

I used to know the champ and the top six or eight contenders

I can't even name the Heavyweight Champ today

I used to know the champ and the top six or eight contenders

I can't even name the Heavyweight Champ today

Boxing committed suicide.. Used to be there were just a half dozen or so weight categories. Now there's millions. Super Junior middle weight.!! HAHAHA. The championship belt don't mean nothin' no more.

The multiple governing bodies also hurt.

Forum List

Back