You Can Pick Just One of These Guys to Make the MLB Hall of Fame... Who You Got?

Pick One Player to Make the MLB HoF

• Jeff Kent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Todd Helton

• Trevor Hoffman

• Larry Walker

• Total voters

Lewdog

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2016
Williamsburg, KY
Out of these players pick one guy you think is most deserving of being in the MLB Hall of Fame. I know Todd Helton isn't eligible yet but I'm including him anyway. If a guy isn't listed, and he's not a steroid guy, let me know who and why.

Some of these guys better make it this year because next year are some first time eligible locks like Andy Pettitte, Mariano Riveria, and Roy Halladay.

Not Mussina. The others, probably, each one.

You gotta vote for one!

Why don't you like Moose? He averaged 15 wins a year... and even won 20 games his last year. He also only had a losing record 2 years in his entire career, that being 4-5 his rookie year and 11-15 in 2000 on a bad Orioles team that finished 4th in their division.

He also was a 7 time Gold Glove winner... which is pretty impressive.

OK, Mussina looks good. Then all of them.

The first one in will be Walker.

OK, Mussina looks good. Then all of them.

The first one in will be Walker.

I loved Walker as a player and it is a shamed he had so many wasted years playing for the Expos. Problem he has is he only had like 2,100 hits and didn't break that 500 homer mark... of course part of that is because of playing in that crappy Olympic Stadium, and on astro turf that killed his knees.

Personally I think Sheffield should be the one. He has to be the smallest guy to ever hit 500 homers. Pretty amazing really, just goes to show how big a deal bat speed is.

Out of these players pick one guy you think is most deserving of being in the MLB Hall of Fame.

tenor.gif

They each have their merits and likely will eventually make it. I'm not given to quibbling over who makes it before the other because my interest in baseball doesn't go that far. The MLB Hall of Fame is like being a CPA, a member of a selective social club, or board certified doctor: either you're "in the club," or you're not, but once you're in, nobody cares whether you got in on your first or fiftieth try.

Out of these players pick one guy you think is most deserving of being in the MLB Hall of Fame.

tenor.gif

They each have their merits and likely will eventually make it. I'm not given to quibbling over who makes it before the other because my interest in baseball doesn't go that far.

Just because they all might eventually make it doesn't mean one doesn't deserve it more than the other. It's part of the fun of debating characteristic some people feel is more valuable in what makes a player a hall of famer. Some people would say Edgar Martinez doesn't really deserve to be in because he played DH too much. He's similar to Harold Baines in that way.

tenor.gif

They each have their merits and likely will eventually make it. I'm not given to quibbling over who makes it before the other because my interest in baseball doesn't go that far.

Just because they all might eventually make it doesn't mean one doesn't deserve it more than the other. It's part of the fun of debating characteristic some people feel is more valuable in what makes a player a hall of famer. Some people would say Edgar Martinez doesn't really deserve to be in because he played DH too much. He's similar to Harold Baines in that way.
Just because they all might eventually make it doesn't mean one doesn't deserve it more than the other.

??? If one gets in, one deserved it, unless, of course,material and previously unknown disqualifying facts come to light after one gains admission.

Some people would say Edgar Martinez doesn't really deserve to be in because he played DH too much. He's similar to Harold Baines in that way.

I suppose then that were enough of those folks, at the time, among the BBWAA members who grant entry into the MLB Hall of Fame, Martinez and Baines might not have gained the honor of being admitted. Fortunately for Martinez and Baines, not enough of such individuals were then voting BBWAA members who voted.

It's part of the fun of debating characteristic some people feel is more valuable in what makes a player a hall of famer.

Well, perhaps so. I don't find it fun to debate the fates of folks receiving something that presumably matters a lot to them and that impacts not my life regardless of whether they receive that thing or don't receive it.

Aside:
I enjoy and am a fan of a variety of sports and games, but I am not a fan of any particular player whom I don't personally know, though knowing them does not ensure my being or becoming a fan of the player. (FWIW, I'm much the same about public policy and politics. I care deeply about the former and care nothing about the latter.)​

tenor.gif

Just because they all might eventually make it doesn't mean one doesn't deserve it more than the other.

??? If one gets in, one deserved it, unless, of course,material and previously unknown disqualifying facts come to light after one gains admission.

Some people would say Edgar Martinez doesn't really deserve to be in because he played DH too much. He's similar to Harold Baines in that way.

I suppose then that were enough of those folks, at the time, among the BBWAA members who grant entry into the MLB Hall of Fame, Martinez and Baines might not have gained the honor of being admitted. Fortunately for Martinez and Baines, not enough of such individuals were then voting BBWAA members who voted.

It's part of the fun of debating characteristic some people feel is more valuable in what makes a player a hall of famer.

Well, perhaps so. I don't find it fun to debate the fates of folks receiving something that presumably matters a lot to them and that impacts not my life regardless of whether they receive that thing or don't receive it.

Aside:
I enjoy and am a fan of a variety of sports and games, but I am not a fan of any particular player whom I don't personally know, though knowing them does not ensure my being or becoming a fan of the player. (FWIW, I'm much the same about public policy and politics. I care deeply about the former and care nothing about the latter.)​

Dumb you are a buzz kill. :lmao:

Other- Pete Rose

Yeah I loved Pete as a kid... but I always knew he was guilty. As a kid I grew up half my life in Franklin, Ohio where his bookie was. His bookie owned a place called Johnathan's Cafe in Franklin and I went there several times. In fact one of the people that was forced to testify against Pete was my Grandfather's best friend's son who worked there. Pete used to even bartend there like once a year and all the tips would go to charity.

When the Reds were in town, me and buddy used to go to a game at least once a week. They had this game day special called "Top 5 for 5" where you could get a seat in the top five rows for only $5, but of course the games were rarely sold out so after getting in the game we would move down to at least the green seats. That was good times.

Unfortunately, Pete will never get in while he's alive.

Forum List

Back