Lamborn Tells Generals They Should Resign "in A Blaze Of Glory"

Czernobog

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2014
Corner of Chaos and Reason
The Colorado Springs Gazette has now published a video of the small gathering, in which an audience member can be heard encouraging Lamborn and other Republican congressmen to support U.S. soldiers ā€œdespite the fact that there is no leadership from the Muslim Brotherhood in the White House.ā€

Lamborn assures the crowd that heā€™s speaking with military leaders ā€œbehind the scenesā€ to publicize their displeasure at Obamaā€™s approach to the military.

ā€œYou know what, I canā€™t add anything to that,ā€ he said. ā€œBut do let me reassure you on this: A lot of us are talking to the generals behind the scenes saying, ā€˜Hey, if you disagree with the policy that the White House has given you, letā€™s have a resignation. Letā€™s have a public resignation and state your protest and go out in a blaze of glory.ā€™ And I havenā€™t seen that very much. I havenā€™t seen that in years.ā€

source
I am dumbfounded by this behavior! I mean, I could swear that during the last Presidency - You know, the guy from Texas that causes the right to go apoplectic at the mere mention of his name? Yeah...that guy. I could have sworn that the general consensus was that merely criticizing the President during a "Time of War" was...what was that word they used? Oh, yeah!!! Unpatriotic! Now, suddenly its okay to not just criticize him, but to encourage his military leaders to quit?!?! At a time of war??!?! Really??

Someone really needs to explain to me how this is okay...

Why am I not surprised that no one on the Right wants to comment. By all means, lets just pretend that Republican candidates never say anything, or allow anyone we are supposed to be representing, say anything extreme, because, you know, Ted Cruz told us all that it is the Democrats that are "extreme"...

The Colorado Springs Gazette has now published a video of the small gathering, in which an audience member can be heard encouraging Lamborn and other Republican congressmen to support U.S. soldiers ā€œdespite the fact that there is no leadership from the Muslim Brotherhood in the White House.ā€

Lamborn assures the crowd that heā€™s speaking with military leaders ā€œbehind the scenesā€ to publicize their displeasure at Obamaā€™s approach to the military.

ā€œYou know what, I canā€™t add anything to that,ā€ he said. ā€œBut do let me reassure you on this: A lot of us are talking to the generals behind the scenes saying, ā€˜Hey, if you disagree with the policy that the White House has given you, letā€™s have a resignation. Letā€™s have a public resignation and state your protest and go out in a blaze of glory.ā€™ And I havenā€™t seen that very much. I havenā€™t seen that in years.ā€

source
I am dumbfounded by this behavior! I mean, I could swear that during the last Presidency - You know, the guy from Texas that causes the right to go apoplectic at the mere mention of his name? Yeah...that guy. I could have sworn that the general consensus was that merely criticizing the President during a "Time of War" was...what was that word they used? Oh, yeah!!! Unpatriotic! Now, suddenly its okay to not just criticize him, but to encourage his military leaders to quit?!?! At a time of war??!?! Really??

Why doesn't HE resign in a blaze of glory?

source

You truly dont see the difference here?

source

Why doesn't HE resign in a blaze of glory?
I couldn't agree more. Although I still think it is ironically peculiar that not one single person on the right has anything to say about this. Particularly given the history of the Right's position on criticizing President during "wartime"...

source

Other than this President is...um...unwhite? No. No I really don't. Care to enlighten me?

source

Other than this President is...um...unwhite? No. No I really don't. Care to enlighten me?

The race card already? A little quick on the draw there ain't ya Skippy?
The difference is obvious to anyone with half a brain. I'll give you a little more time...

I actually agree that any General who believes "despite the fact that there is no leadership from the Muslim Brotherhood in the White House.ā€
should resign

source

The difference is obvious to anyone with half a brain. I'll give you a little more time...
Well, obviously, Sparky, the difference is that this is a Democrat, so that makes it okay. But, of course, you're gonna insist that isn't it, either, so, by all means, enlighten us...

source

Well, obviously, Sparky, the difference is that this is a Democrat, so that makes it okay. But, of course, you're gonna insist that isn't it, either, so, by all means, enlighten us...
Aaaand...cue the crickets...

crickets.gif

source

crickets.gif

And cue the imbecile...
I'll give you a hint. It has to do with respect and loathing

source

crickets.gif
This kind of scenario could easily happen. I have over 20 years experience within the military as a family member and let me tell you when they say jump you say how high..All it would take is a handful of COs to feel the same and we would have a mutiny. Servicemen and women do what they are told. I have seen atheists end up at church services on Sunday mornings because their leaders said be there. Everyone has to realize that the military has to be one, there are no individuals or their opinions, this isn't out in the real world, its totally different. Basic training is spent tearing you down and building you back up to what they want you to be. There is no you. So remarks by this rep, yea I can see it happening if enough feel the same.

crickets.gif
This kind of scenario could easily happen. I have over 20 years experience within the military as a family member and let me tell you when they say jump you say how high..All it would take is a handful of COs to feel the same and we would have a mutiny. Servicemen and women do what they are told. I have seen atheists end up at church services on Sunday mornings because their leaders said be there. Everyone has to realize that the military has to be one, there are no individuals or their opinions, this isn't out in the real world, its totally different. Basic training is spent tearing you down and building you back up to what they want you to be. There is no you. So remarks by this rep, yea I can see it happening if enough feel the same.
So when the Commander in Chief says jump.....they don't say how high?

crickets.gif

And cue the imbecile...
Well...that's just the generalities. I get that Republicans loathe this President, so they think that gives them permission to do the very thing they insisted was taboo to ever do. I was merely listing some of the reasons they loathe him.

crickets.gif
So when the Commander in Chief says jump.....they don't say how high?

Not when there is a democratic president in office. Military is only 14% democratic, the rest are independents and republicans. Lets just say if you have anything other than conservative ideas, especially in the Air Force or Army you will hear about it.

Military no less conservative but less Republican survey finds - Washington Times

crickets.gif

And cue the imbecile...
Well...that's just the generalities. I get that Republicans loathe this President, so they think that gives them permission to do the very thing they insisted was taboo to ever do. I was merely listing some of the reasons they loathe him.

Sure we do. And so does the military.
Nervous yet?

crickets.gif

I'm also prior military, and there are two problems with your suggestion.

First, that attitude follows all the way up to, ultimately, the Commander in chief. You say Jump, we ask how high.

Second, we are not talking about a breakdown in military structure here; we are talking about a United states Senator - a private fucking citizen - openly admitting that he is, personally, committing sedition, by encouraging Generals, who, by implication of his statements, had no thought of doing so on their own, committing this mutiny.

For, the record, that is more than any Democrat did during the Bush administration. All we did was bitch about the guy. No congress person ever encouraged the military command structure to publicaly tell him to "Fuck off".

crickets.gif

And cue the imbecile...

Sure we do. And so does the military.
Nervous yet?
Not nervous. Amused. The hypocrisy in the Republican Party is hilarious. This is why I want you idiots to keep spewing this stupid shit as loudly, and as often as you can. Because you guys are better at demonstrating to undecided voters what you are all about than any campaign ad that a Democrat could ever devise.

And you geniuses wonder why you keep losing national elections...

crickets.gif

First, that attitude follows all the way up to, ultimately, the Commander in chief. You say Jump, we ask how high.

Second, we are not talking about a breakdown in military structure here; we are talking about a United states Senator - a private fucking citizen - openly admitting that he is, personally, committing sedition, by encouraging Generals, who, by implication of his statements, had no thought of doing so on their own, committing this mutiny.

For, the record, that is more than any Democrat did during the Bush administration. All we did was bitch about the guy. No congress person ever encouraged the military command structure to publicaly tell him to "Fuck off".

So agreeing with the generals is sedation?
If you're former military you should understand why the military views obama with ..shall we say skepticism?
Dont you want your military to stand up for the Constitution? In your world is there ever a reason it would be acceptable for the military to support a coupe?

crickets.gif

So agreeing with the generals is sedation?
If you're former military you should understand why the military views obama with ..shall we say skepticism?
Dont you want your military to stand up for the Constitution? In your world is there ever a reason it would be acceptable for the military to support a coupe?
Military has never liked Obama and those in it know that. Its also why groups like the Oathkeepers were founded during his administration and have gained large numbers in just a couple of years.

Forum List

Back