Lamborn Tells Generals They Should Resign "in A Blaze Of Glory"

The race card already? A little quick on the draw there ain't ya Skippy?
The difference is obvious to anyone with half a brain. I'll give you a little more time...
Well, obviously, Sparky, the difference is that this is a Democrat, so that makes it okay. But, of course, you're gonna insist that isn't it, either, so, by all means, enlighten us...
Aaaand...cue the crickets...

crickets.gif
This kind of scenario could easily happen. I have over 20 years experience within the military as a family member and let me tell you when they say jump you say how high..All it would take is a handful of COs to feel the same and we would have a mutiny. Servicemen and women do what they are told. I have seen atheists end up at church services on Sunday mornings because their leaders said be there. Everyone has to realize that the military has to be one, there are no individuals or their opinions, this isn't out in the real world, its totally different. Basic training is spent tearing you down and building you back up to what they want you to be. There is no you. So remarks by this rep, yea I can see it happening if enough feel the same.

I'm also prior military, and there are two problems with your suggestion.

First, that attitude follows all the way up to, ultimately, the Commander in chief. You say Jump, we ask how high.

Second, we are not talking about a breakdown in military structure here; we are talking about a United states Senator - a private fucking citizen - openly admitting that he is, personally, committing sedition, by encouraging Generals, who, by implication of his statements, had no thought of doing so on their own, committing this mutiny.

For, the record, that is more than any Democrat did during the Bush administration. All we did was bitch about the guy. No congress person ever encouraged the military command structure to publicaly tell him to "Fuck off".

So agreeing with the generals is sedation?
AGREEING with Generals?!?! So, these generals were already talking about leaving their posts!?! Because that was certainly not the way that Lamborn was portraying it in his comments. He made it sound as if he were presenting an idea to these generals that they had not already thought of.

Would you care to cite a source for your suggestion that generals are considering leaving their posts?
If you're former military you should understand why the military views obama with ..shall we say skepticism?
There is a big difference between "having skepticism", and encouraging mutiny.
Dont you want your military to stand up for the Constitution? In your world is there ever a reason it would be acceptable for the military to support a coupe?
Yes, I do, so, no, I don't see a reason for a coup; not in a Democracy. The fact is that not only does the Constitution not support what you are suggesting, but it specifically calls it treason. But, hey! You keep going! You are doing a better job than I ever could of exposing your true feelings about this country, and your complete ignorance of the actual Constitution.

Last edited:
The race card already? A little quick on the draw there ain't ya Skippy?
The difference is obvious to anyone with half a brain. I'll give you a little more time...
Well, obviously, Sparky, the difference is that this is a Democrat, so that makes it okay. But, of course, you're gonna insist that isn't it, either, so, by all means, enlighten us...

crickets.gif
This kind of scenario could easily happen. I have over 20 years experience within the military as a family member and let me tell you when they say jump you say how high..All it would take is a handful of COs to feel the same and we would have a mutiny. Servicemen and women do what they are told. I have seen atheists end up at church services on Sunday mornings because their leaders said be there. Everyone has to realize that the military has to be one, there are no individuals or their opinions, this isn't out in the real world, its totally different. Basic training is spent tearing you down and building you back up to what they want you to be. There is no you. So remarks by this rep, yea I can see it happening if enough feel the same.
So when the Commander in Chief says jump.....they don't say how high?

Not when there is a democratic president in office. Military is only 14% democratic, the rest are independents and republicans. Lets just say if you have anything other than conservative ideas, especially in the Air Force or Army you will hear about it.

Military no less conservative but less Republican survey finds - Washington Times

So a General officer is going to put his career on the line because he does not like Democrats?

crickets.gif
So when the Commander in Chief says jump.....they don't say how high?

Not when there is a democratic president in office. Military is only 14% democratic, the rest are independents and republicans. Lets just say if you have anything other than conservative ideas, especially in the Air Force or Army you will hear about it.

Military no less conservative but less Republican survey finds - Washington Times

So a General officer is going to put his career on the line because he does not like Democrats?
And the irony of this is that, in light of Hannity, Cheney, and others going batshit over Democrats just bitching about Bush, they are actually trying to defend this idiot actually encouraging mutiny! And they wonder why everyone thinks they are hypocrites, with no ethical center, no one trusts them, and they keep losing national elections...

Okay, let me take a stab at this. Those that protested GWB during his administration, were they military members? There may have been a few, but not many at all. If you will recall, most of the military stood behind GWB and thought he was a good Commander-in-Chief (note that I said Commander-In-Chief). Even to this day, GWB does an incredible amount for veterans and service members. He shows an extreme amount of respect and compassion. I know a guy who lost a leg in Iraq who rode his bike to Texas to ride in a 3-day outing with GWB.

Conversely, the military rank and file, including those in the upper echelons do not share the same feelings toward Barry and his group of criminal thugs. It's obvious. Barry doesn't like the military. He doesn't like veterans and if a microphone is on somewhere, he's apologizing to someone about how horrible the US has been. He's given pink slips to Army Officers while they're still in the field in Afghanistan. Commissaries, Tri-Care, the VA, and the list goes on and on. Barry doesn't attend his Security Briefings, his ineptness with Iraq and ISIS, his failure with foreign policy, and his entire attitude toward the whole Commander-In-Chief thing is so obvious. And it's offensive.

Now you're griping because the generals are so sick of it they're thinking of resigning their commissions? They want to resign EXACTLY for the same reason I left when Jimmy Carter became President. It's obvious. You don't want to be led by someone who literally hates you and what you stand for.

I realize that if you never served this is going right over your head. But there it is. And quite frankly, I agree. If I was in, I'd leave too.

Okay, let me take a stab at this. Those that protested GWB during his administration, were they military members? There may have been a few, but not many at all. If you will recall, most of the military stood behind GWB and thought he was a good Commander-in-Chief (note that I said Commander-In-Chief). Even to this day, GWB does an incredible amount for veterans and service members. He shows an extreme amount of respect and compassion. I know a guy who lost a leg in Iraq who rode his bike to Texas to ride in a 3-day outing with GWB.

Conversely, the military rank and file, including those in the upper echelons do not share the same feelings toward Barry and his group of criminal thugs. It's obvious. Barry doesn't like the military. He doesn't like veterans and if a microphone is on somewhere, he's apologizing to someone about how horrible the US has been. He's given pink slips to Army Officers while they're still in the field in Afghanistan. Commissaries, Tri-Care, the VA, and the list goes on and on. Barry doesn't attend his Security Briefings, his ineptness with Iraq and ISIS, his failure with foreign policy, and his entire attitude toward the whole Commander-In-Chief thing is so obvious. And it's offensive.

Now you're griping because the generals are so sick of it they're thinking of resigning their commissions? They want to resign EXACTLY for the same reason I left when Jimmy Carter became President. It's obvious. You don't want to be led by someone who literally hates you and what you stand for.

I realize that if you never served this is going right over your head. But there it is. And quite frankly, I agree. If I was in, I'd leave too.
Exactly my experience as well. People just don't realize how conservative the military is.

crickets.gif

First, that attitude follows all the way up to, ultimately, the Commander in chief. You say Jump, we ask how high.

Second, we are not talking about a breakdown in military structure here; we are talking about a United states Senator - a private fucking citizen - openly admitting that he is, personally, committing sedition, by encouraging Generals, who, by implication of his statements, had no thought of doing so on their own, committing this mutiny.

For, the record, that is more than any Democrat did during the Bush administration. All we did was bitch about the guy. No congress person ever encouraged the military command structure to publicaly tell him to "Fuck off".

AGREEING with Generals?!?! So, these generals were already talking about leaving their posts!?! Because that was certainly not the way that Lamborn was portraying it in his comments. He made it sound as if he were presenting an idea to these generals that they had not already thought of.

Would you care to cite a source for your suggestion that generals are considering leaving their posts?
If you're former military you should understand why the military views obama with ..shall we say skepticism?
Dont you want your military to stand up for the Constitution? In your world is there ever a reason it would be acceptable for the military to support a coupe?
Yes, I do, so, no, I don't see a reason for a coup; not in a Democracy. The fact is that not only does the Constitution not support what you are suggesting, but it specifically calls it treason. But, hey! You keep going! You are doing a better job than I ever could of exposing your true feelings about this country, and your complete ignorance of the actual Constitution.

Well aren't you all fired up...LOL.
Not my fault the military hates barry. Is it something you should be worried about?
Maybe.......

Didn't read the story, and don't care, but officers can resign their commissions at any time they want, and in no way is doing so remotely 'sedition', no matter what the reason, and neither would doing so en masse be, either. Personally, Obama has been a disaster militarily, and I wouldn't blame a single field grade officer for resigning; they should have resigned under Clinton.

As for the military personnel themselves being more 'conservative', that's nonsense as well; they merely perceive the Republican Party as more willing to shovel pork and bennies at them then Democrats, which is also nonsense, but as we all know 'conservatives' love pork as much as any 'librul' does, it's just a matter of who is getting it. The con artist Ron Paul, the 'Libertarian', was the Master of Pork for years, but of course it's 'different' when the pork goes to 'conservative' districts.

It's all just a matter of whose ox is being gored, as usual. Nothing to see here, just more fallout from an administration completely inept at foreign policy and national security.

Our military officer corps is professional. They would never "go out" in a blaze of glory. "Go in"...that's a different story.

If they all resigned at once it would surely get someone's attention.
Think what message it would send as well.
Abe Lincoln once said.......I can always make new Generals

He couldn't make new experienced and competent Generals. Lincoln preferred appointing genocidal psychopaths, anyway. The more people a General murdered the better Lincoln liked them.
No, they would be experienced and competent Colonels who will not let political views get in the way of their careers

crickets.gif

Well aren't you all fired up...LOL.
Not my fault the military hates barry. Is it something you should be worried about?
Maybe.......
You asked the stupid question, I answered it. Like I said, I'm not worried; I'm amused. I love it when you right-wing extremists make t so easy for everyone to see just how little respect you actually have for this country, and the Constitution you carry around like a pocket protector.

Indeed. This post is on the money, especially the bolded sentences.

No, they would be experienced and competent Colonels who will not let political views get in the way of their careers

No, he wouldn't. He has no idea how to go about doing that. His handlers would run around finding politically expedient ones, based on criteria that has nothing to do with military competence. His past record of choosing appointees for any position is clear about how little competence plays a part in any appointments he and his handlers make.

Forum List

Back