Lakerland

Kobe to play until he's 40...

...Boo-yah!

Good for you! Kobe is an OLD (meaning he is playing well older than his current age) 35 due to the length of his career and is injury prone. He is well past his prime, as is Gasol and Nash.

He had a great career and is definitely in the top 5 ever conversation (with MJ, LBJ, Magic and the Big O), he has accomplished a top and deserve respect. However, now he can not carry a team. He would be a decent 3rd option for a contender.

Good for you! Kobe is an OLD (meaning he is playing well older than his current age) 35 due to the length of his career and is injury prone. He is well past his prime, as is Gasol and Nash.

He had a great career and is definitely in the top 5 ever conversation (with MJ, LBJ, Magic and the Big O), he has accomplished a top and deserve respect. However, now he can not carry a team. He would be a decent 3rd option for a contender.
What, no Wilt?

Kobe Bryant is doing the same thing Allen Iverson did before he retired, he is trying to carry a team when he is just not capable of it. This is not 2009 anymore.

Kobe Bryant is doing the same thing Allen Iverson did before he retired, he is trying to carry a team when he is just not capable of it. This is not 2009 anymore.
It's only been two games!

I believe I asked you a question earlier, are you going to answer it?

Where did you fuckers get that coach?

Lakers need a few games but their bench is playing better than the starters, that's a bad sign.

What, no Wilt?

No Wilt. Wilt played against midgets and really his only challenge was the 6'9 Russel (probably a PF today) who got the best of him many nights. I put Hakeem, Shaq and Kareem over him.

The top five is a tough crowd. I would take MJ, Magic, Lebron and Kobe over any of the great centers. Then you arguments for one of the great centers (Wilt, Shaq, Hakeem and Russel), Tim Duncan, maybe Dr. J, Bird, West, Baylor, along with the Big O.

If you want my top 10 in order:
(1) MJ (sorry Chicago Bias)
(2) LBJ (Yes I think he has overtaken Kobe and Magic)
(3) Kobe (Yes I put him over Magic, he is as close to a clone of MJ as you can get)
(4) Magic (6'8 pg that could play any position including center)
(5) Shaq (I will get slack for this, but unlike Wilt, Shaq had monster centers like Robinson, Ewing, Hakeem, Bradley, Mutombo, etc. he had to go against and still overpowered them. He was the most dominate force in the league ever. If he could hit FT, he would have been #1)
(6) Duncan (Mr. Fundamental)
(7) Big O (Averaged a triple double, nuf said)
(8) Bird (Lights out shooter)
(9) Dr. J (He is right their with MJ and LBJ with high flying scoring)
(10) Hakeem/Wilt/Russel tied

Big difference. Kobe won the championships to cement his legacy amongst the greatest of the greats. Iverson did not!

Big difference. Kobe won the championships to cement his legacy amongst the greatest of the greats. Iverson did not!

Duncan did too but hes not burying his team financially, if Kobe was smart he'd take less money so the Lakers can bring another star in. Their fucked now.

No Wilt. Wilt played against midgets and really his only challenge was the 6'9 Russel (probably a PF today) who got the best of him many nights. I put Hakeem, Shaq and Kareem over him.

The top five is a tough crowd. I would take MJ, Magic, Lebron and Kobe over any of the great centers. Then you arguments for one of the great centers (Wilt, Shaq, Hakeem and Russel), Tim Duncan, maybe Dr. J, Bird, West, Baylor, along with the Big O.

If you want my top 10 in order:
(1) MJ (sorry Chicago Bias)
(2) LBJ (Yes I think he has overtaken Kobe and Magic)
(3) Kobe (Yes I put him over Magic, he is as close to a clone of MJ as you can get)
(4) Magic (6'8 pg that could play any position including center)
(5) Shaq (I will get slack for this, but unlike Wilt, Shaq had monster centers like Robinson, Ewing, Hakeem, Bradley, Mutombo, etc. he had to go against and still overpowered them. He was the most dominate force in the league ever. If he could hit FT, he would have been #1)
(6) Duncan (Mr. Fundamental)
(7) Big O (Averaged a triple double, nuf said)
(8) Bird (Lights out shooter)
(9) Dr. J (He is right their with MJ and LBJ with high flying scoring)
(10) Hakeem/Wilt/Russel tied
Wilt could do today, everything he did back then.

He was the strongest player ever to play in the NBA.

The Lakers are a .500 team, if that. They need to do some serious rebuilding. Tank the season and get a good draft pick.

I see Rip City is back up and running. What the heck they are 21-4. Is it mirrors or have they totally bought into Shotts system?

Forum List

Back