LA Times bans letters from climate skeptics

Good that's what they are supposed to do. Print news not articles from wackos because they want to be taken seriously.

They also don't accept letters from Pastafarians either. That too, is good

Good that's what they are supposed to do.

Yep, they are state propaganda - not legitimate news.

Print news not articles from wackos because they want to be taken seriously.

The LA Times? No one takes that rag seriously.

It's gone in 6 months no matter what. It either sells to the Koch Brothers or goes out of business. At this point, they can't even give the paper away because there isn't enough advertising to support the rag.

Pravda in the Stalin era was more reliable for accurate coverage than the Times has been in the last 20 years.

Fuck em' - no one will miss them.

Good that's what they are supposed to do. Print news not articles from wackos because they want to be taken seriously.

Why do opposing views scare you libs so bad?
BTW suppose to be in the 20s here by Friday
20 degress below normal for the low

Yes they do, except when they don't.

“Simply put, I do my best to keep errors of fact off the letters page; when one does run, a correction is published,” Thornton wrote. “Saying ‘there’s no sign humans have caused climate change’ is not stating an opinion, it’s asserting a factual inaccuracy.”

Scraping the bottom of the Fauxrage barrel I see.........The letters section?????BFD!

It doesn't scare it entertains. Include it under entertainment and we're good.

Place it in the science section and that's the problem.

LA Times bans letters from climate skeptics | Fox News

The liberal media is getting so much worse every day

Of course.
That's what they do, the 'climate change/global warming brigade'.

The climate is always changing...ice ages come and go.

Is man responsible for it all though? that is the question.

In the 'little ice age' Napoleon marched on Russia with 650,000 troops.
Most froze to death on the way there or on the way back...only 4,000 making it home alive.
Another idiotic war started by some fools.

Last edited:
Yes they do, except when they don't.

“Simply put, I do my best to keep errors of fact off the letters page; when one does run, a correction is published,” Thornton wrote. “Saying ‘there’s no sign humans have caused climate change’ is not stating an opinion, it’s asserting a factual inaccuracy.”

Scraping the bottom of the Fauxrage barrel I see.........The letters section?????BFD!

The Times has zero credibility.

Which coincidentally is their subscriber total...

----------------------------------------------------------------

Koch Brothers Will Not Purchase L.A. Times: Not a ‘Profitable Venture’

Ruh row.....

{
By Liana B. Baker and Ashutosh Pandey

Dec 31 (Reuters) - U.S. media giant Tribune Co emerged from bankruptcy on Monday, ending four years of Chapter 11 reorganization and potentially setting itself up for a future without newspapers.}

Tribune Co. Emerges From Four-Year Bankruptcy

As the last 3 subscribers to the LA Times die off, the sleazy rag will finally shut down...

Global warming? No, actually we're cooling, claim scientists - Telegraph
you know the difference in a Lib and me?
I know that every action has a re-action
So putting CO2 in the atmosphere has to cause a re-action
problem is that your side thinks carbon offsets is the answer to this event

My side is not sure there is even an event yet and if there is money is not going to fix it

Global warming? No, actually we're cooling, claim scientists - Telegraph
you know the difference in a Lib and me?
I know that every action has a re-action
So putting CO2 in the atmosphere has to cause a re-action
problem is that your side thinks carbon offsets is the answer to this event

My side is not sure there is even an event yet and if there is money is not going to fix it

:lol::lol:

If I told you I had a dog wood tree would you think it made of dogs wood? And since dogs don't make wood you're more confused?

So why are you using the word Warming and Cooling like they have nothing to do with Climate Change or the science. Is the name all you need to know? :lol:

Well, they can't ban letters or email from anyone about any subject under the sun. However, they can absolutely choose to not reprint letters with factually inaccurate information which I wholeheartedly support when it comes to any topic.

So, here was an excerpt from the article. Do you have a problem with the message it conveys?
“Simply put, I do my best to keep errors of fact off the letters page; when one does run, a correction is published,” Thornton wrote
external-link.png
. “Saying ‘there’s no sign humans have caused climate change’ is not stating an opinion, it’s asserting a factual inaccuracy.”
Or do you support letters that say anything and defend it just because it's an expression of an opinion? Keep in mind that would include letters that might say that Senator Ted Cruz is a child molester or that the Holocaust never happened. How much trouble do you think it would be to create a website dedicated to either of those two opinions? In fact, I'm sure there are already web pages devoted to the latter.

Well, they can't ban letters or email from anyone about any subject under the sun. However, they can absolutely choose to not reprint letters with factually inaccurate information which I wholeheartedly support when it comes to any topic.

So, here was an excerpt from the article. Do you have a problem with the message it conveys?
“Simply put, I do my best to keep errors of fact off the letters page; when one does run, a correction is published,” Thornton wrote
external-link.png
. “Saying ‘there’s no sign humans have caused climate change’ is not stating an opinion, it’s asserting a factual inaccuracy.”
Or do you support letters that say anything and defend it just because it's an expression of an opinion? Keep in mind that would include letters that might say that Senator Ted Cruz is a child molester or that the Holocaust never happened. How much trouble do you think it would be to create a website dedicated to either of those two opinions? In fact, I'm sure there are already web pages devoted to the latter.

Heres the answer:

You'll never get an answer

Forum List

Back