KY To Build Creationist Theme Park

Madeline

Rookie
Apr 20, 2010
Cleveland. Feel mah pain.
FRANKFORT, Ky. — Gov. Steve Beshear said Wednesday that a creationism theme park, expected to open in Northern Kentucky in 2014, would have a $250 million annual impact on the state’s economy.

Ark Encounter, which will feature a 500-foot-long wooden replica of Noah’s Ark containing live animals such as juvenile giraffes, is projected to cost $150 million and create 900 jobs, Beshear announced at a Capitol press conference.

“Make no mistake about it, this is a huge deal,” he said.

The park, to be located on 800 acres in Grant County off Interstate 75, also will include a Walled City, live animal shows, a replica of the Tower of Babel, a 500-seat special-effects theater, an aviary and a first-century Middle Eastern village.

Beshear announces creationism theme park to open in 2014, with $250 million impact | courier-journal.com | The Courier-Journal

Which state is planning to build a theme park for Grimm's Fairy Tales, I wonder? A monument to foolishness....in Kentucky. They must be so proud.

FRANKFORT, Ky. — Gov. Steve Beshear said Wednesday that a creationism theme park, expected to open in Northern Kentucky in 2014, would have a $250 million annual impact on the state’s economy.

Ark Encounter, which will feature a 500-foot-long wooden replica of Noah’s Ark containing live animals such as juvenile giraffes, is projected to cost $150 million and create 900 jobs, Beshear announced at a Capitol press conference.

The park, to be located on 800 acres in Grant County off Interstate 75, also will include a Walled City, live animal shows, a replica of the Tower of Babel, a 500-seat special-effects theater, an aviary and a first-century Middle Eastern village.

Beshear announces creationism theme park to open in 2014, with $250 million impact | courier-journal.com | The Courier-Journal

Which state is planning to build a theme park for Grimm's Fairy Tales, I wonder? A monument to foolishness....in Kentucky. They must be so proud.

That makes this different from other theme parks how? Next you'll be mocking Cali and Florida for their Disney resorts. :cuckoo:

Maybe they could build a themepark dedicated to Atheism.

Oh, wait.. it'd just be a bunch of empty space. Like Maddy's head.

:lol:

That makes this different from other theme parks how? Next you'll be mocking Cali and Florida for their Disney resorts. :cuckoo:

Could be because, unlike Mickey and Goofy, they expect us to believe that their fantasy is real.

Oh Kentucky. I was wondering why a personal lubricant company going to build any kind of a theme park.....carry on....

ad_large.gif

The state is not looking to build it, you ignorant hyper-partisan imbecile

It is a group of investors looking to build it within the state

Maybe you should read the article before sounding off..

Park developers are seeking state tourism development incentives and could receive up to $37.5 million over a 10-year period.

:lol:

Again

The state is not building it... you fucking nitwit

INCENTIVES are given to businesses all the time... whether I agree with incentives given by government or not

The park is being built and sponsored by a consortium of groups/investors

The project is a collaboration between Ark Encounters LLC, a for-profit company in Springfield, Mo., and Answers in Genesis, a non-profit organization that runs the Creation Museum in Boone County.

Nice try asshole

Last edited:
Just curious. How can it be constitutional to dedicate millions of dollars of taxpayer money to promoting fundie christian beliefs?

How can it be constitutional to hand out taxpayer funded monies to loser druggie welfare queens with 4 kids by 3 different fathers while they spend their earnings from under-the-table blowjobs on pot and crystal meth?? Tell us Madeline, how do you get away with it?

Damn, private companies, investors, investing millions to create hundreds of jobs, creating more tax revenues for the state. What a tragedy.

I actually don't have much of a problem with it..I think there are some Constitutional issues.

But..anything that creates jobs..I am for.

However..I don't think this thing is going to be the attraction they are hoping for.

Forum List

Back