KY Judge upholds freedom of religion

You're still an asshole.

What part of

"Phillips admitted he had turned away other same-sex couples as a matter of policy."

does not translate into him refusing service to gays?

lol anyone else reading this? Classic Rabbism.
What part of "he wasnt refusing them, just their events" do you not understand? Never mind the ACLU is hardly an unbiased source.

Even if that were true which it isn't, that by definition is a refusal of service.

The guy made a cake for a dog wedding for chrissakes.

Now shut up.
Go fuck yourself. Of course I'm right and you're wrong. Happens every single day on this site.
There are no examples of gays being refused service. And this despite desperate attempts by the faghadis to show one example of a homophobe bigot working somewhere. I'd say that;s a very impressive record for American business.

Did gays try to buy cakes? Yes

Did the baker refuse them that service? Yes

I think even some mildly retarded people could comprehend that.
Did gays want a specific type of cake? Yes.
WOuld the baker sell the same cake to straight people? No.
Even retarded people could see the difference, dum-dum.
The question there is would the baker agree to bake a cake for a gay person's birthday.
My guess is that as long as the message on the cake didn't violate his religious aversion to homosexuality and gay marriage, he would have no problem.
As a matter of fact, for a birthday cake, the issue would likely never come up, unless the customer was looking for a lawsuit pay off.

dang, even as recently as today one the RWnuts was telling us that gays aren't being refused service anywhere.

They wasn't in this case, the printer offered to sub the work to another printer at the same price, that wasn't good enough for the faghadist. Yet they got their shirts from another vendor at a better price, they still filed the complaint, tell me that's not politically motivated.
dang, even as recently as today one the RWnuts was telling us that gays aren't being refused service anywhere.
And that is still the case. Please show where gays were refused service.

You keep asking that question, I'll keep posting this example.

Court Rules Bakery Illegally Discriminated Against Gay Couple - ACLU - Colorado

"Phillips admitted he had turned away other same-sex couples as a matter of policy. The CCRD’s decision noted evidence in the record that Phillips had expressed willingness to take a cake order for the “marriage” of two dogs, but not for the commitment ceremony of two women, and that he would not make a cake for a same-sex couple’s wedding celebration “just as he would not be willing to make a pedophile cake.”

Has nothing to do with this thread.

I answered his question. He claimed no such thing has ever happened. I schooled him.

Yet you included me in your multiple quote post, I wonder, are you losing it?

What part of "he wasnt refusing them, just their events" do you not understand? Never mind the ACLU is hardly an unbiased source.

Even if that were true which it isn't, that by definition is a refusal of service.

Now shut up.
Go fuck yourself. Of course I'm right and you're wrong. Happens every single day on this site.
There are no examples of gays being refused service. And this despite desperate attempts by the faghadis to show one example of a homophobe bigot working somewhere. I'd say that;s a very impressive record for American business.

The question there is would the baker agree to bake a cake for a gay person's birthday.
My guess is that as long as the message on the cake didn't violate his religious aversion to homosexuality and gay marriage, he would have no problem.
As a matter of fact, for a birthday cake, the issue would likely never come up, unless the customer was looking for a lawsuit pay off.
Yes, there have been zero cases of providers refusing to serve gay people at all. They simply have refused a particular service they felt violated their religious principles.
I think that's a remarkable record of tolerance among American businesses. I doubt you'd find that in the Democrat dreamlands of Africa.

Now shut up.

Yes, there have been zero cases of providers refusing to serve gay people at all. They simply have refused a particular service they felt violated their religious principles.
I think that's a remarkable record of tolerance among American businesses. I doubt you'd find that in the Democrat dreamlands of Africa.

So they haven't refused service, they've just refused service.

good one, Corky.

They wasn't in this case, the printer offered to sub the work to another printer at the same price, that wasn't good enough for the faghadist. Yet they got their shirts from another vendor at a better price, they still filed the complaint, tell me that's not politically motivated.

"Phillips admitted he had turned away other same-sex couples as a matter of policy. The CCRD’s decision noted evidence in the record that Phillips had expressed willingness to take a cake order for the “marriage” of two dogs, but not for the commitment ceremony of two women, and that he would not make a cake for a same-sex couple’s wedding celebration “just as he would not be willing to make a pedophile cake.”

I answered his question. He claimed no such thing has ever happened. I schooled him.

You're just butthurt from yesterday. Rub some dirt on it, little man.

good one, Corky.
Smart people look at two similar things and see differences. Stupid people see similarities.

Yep, you're losing it.

Yep, you're losing it.
He would have to have "it", prior to losing it. He's a Lib. By definition, he doesn't get it.

Not at all. HL, Citizens United, etc., are headed for the jumk heap if the GOP does not surrender on these positions.

The millennials don't like the GOP and they despise the far right social cons. They will increasingly count beginning in next year's elections, and you guys are slipping away already.

It is what it is, mike.

It's the way of growing up. Young people get sucked in by populist Left wing crap. But when they start working, raising a family, and experiencing real life, most of them become conservatives. We're patient in waiting for life to teach them that Leftism doesn't work. Then there are some who are smarter like me. I knew I was conservative before I hit puberty. I was always smarter than my chronological peers.

Mike, it is nothing of the sort, and you sound as if you are whistling by the grave yard. They are not sexists or racists. Many of them are Christian, but the sons and daughters of the far right social cons will change those denominations very quickly. You are an ideologue, neither wise nor really aware in your arguments. Watch the challenges in the primaries to the far right again. Here in Utah, Lee and Love are inching toward the center because of the change in our primaries and degrading of the caucuses and pressure of the millennials.

They are not serving the public. They are serving those who hold a philosophy similar to their own and refusing to serve others.

There is no state religion in the US. Just some activist judges and business owning bigots.

If you open your doors to the public you have no more rights of religious discrimination.
So churches have no religious rights, I mean they open their doors to the public after all?
They operate on a not-for-profit basis; unlike the right.

Kentucky judge upholds Christian printer s refusal to print gay pride T-shirts - Yahoo News

Maybe it's just that sanity exists only below the Mason-Dixon line. I dunno.
Wrong.

Obviously you don't bother to read or comprehend the linked article.

Neither this case nor any other case concerning discrimination in public accommodations has anything to do with "religious freedom."

ROFLMNAO!

They're truly helpless.

But that is, one supposes, what one should reasonably expect of sub-humans,

good one, Corky.
Smart people look at two similar things and see differences. Stupid people see similarities.

So you're denying that catering a wedding is a service.

Great. Prove it.

The judge may be ruling on the primacy of the freedom of speech combined with religion.

The court will have a lot of judging to do in the next decade, certainly when HL is overturned along with Citizens United.

Kentucky judge upholds Christian printer s refusal to print gay pride T-shirts - Yahoo News

So the judges that decided Roe v Wade prove that opposition to it is insane?

Roe proves itself as an invalid, unjust, subjective judicial decision; which FTR: is NOT LAW.

ROFL!

For Pete's sake... "ROE"... meaning the woman upon whom's behalf the case was brought, has REJECTED IT... for well more than a generation.

So the judges that decided Roe v Wade prove that opposition to it is insane?

Roe proves itself as an invalid, unjust, subjective judicial decision; which FTR: is NOT LAW.

ROFL!

For Pete's sake... "ROE"... meaning the woman upon whom's behalf the case was brought, has REJECTED IT... for well more than a generation.

Your subhuman brain does not get that Roe is the law of the land, and your opinion means shit. Trot along.

good one, Corky.

So you're denying that catering a wedding is a service.

Great. Prove it.

So Gilligan, based upon what you said, I can... using your own species of reasoning, that you're still fondling chi...en?
Chickens or children, Keys? Think very hard before you answer.

The judge may be ruling on the primacy of the freedom of speech combined with religion.

The court will have a lot of judging to do in the next decade, certainly when HL is overturned along with Citizens United.
I love how you asshats are still pussy torqued about Citizens United. You hate freedom that much. It's never going to be overturned.

It would be easier to overturn Roe V Wade.

I love how you asshats are still pussy torqued about Citizens United. You hate freedom that much. It's never going to be overturned.

It would be easier to overturn Roe V Wade.
Not at all. People believe in religious freedom for people, but businesses not so much.

Forum List

Back