Kurds applaud downing of Israeli F-16, invite Syrian Army to Afrin

RE: Kurds Applaud Downing of Israeli F-16; Invites Syrian Army to Afrin
※→ Bleipriester, et al,

When the general public (of which I am a part) looks at the situation in Syria and the fight against DAESH (ISIS/ISIL), there is an unmistakable sign of confusion. The Title of this Thread (Kurds Applaud Downing of Israeli F-16; Invites Syrian Army to Afrin) is an example to many as an incoherent Foreign Policy in this regard.

The YPG has again invited the Syrian army to Afrin, which they say is Syrian land. The YPG officially applauds the downing of an Israeli F-16 by Syrian air defense and hopes they will down a Turkish warplane too.

Syrian Army can be present in any part of Afrin: YPG media adviser
(COMMENT)

The nature of the paradox is the confusion in this regard:

The US is an ally of Israel and opposes the DAESH. (Israel opposes the Assad Regime.)
The Israel is an ally of US opposes DAESH and the Syrian Arab Army (SAA-Part of Assad's Armed Forces).
The SAA opposes Israel, the Kurds and DAESH.
The Kurds (YPG), evidently, oppose:
• Israel, with the Kurds (YPG) applauding the Assad Regime's downing of an Allied Fighter (Israel).
• The Kurds (YPG) are seeming aligning with the Syrian Arab Army (SAA-Part of Assad's Armed Forces) inviting the SAA into Afrin.
• Turkey over the matter of a Kurdish state and sovereignty.​
The Kurds are opposing the Turks (President Erdogan) which condemn US' support for Kurdish YPG fighters.
The Turks and the US are allies through NATO.​

You could get air-sick just trying to draw this matrix. The US has the most complicated and irrational set of relationships in the Middle East, than any other nation on Earth. And while US Secretary of State Tillerson (SECSTATE) describes the relationship with the Turkish Republic as a time-tested alliance built on common interests and mutual respect, it is actually forming into an intermittent and alternating position which can flip-flop in the blink of an eye.

I'm not sure there is a solution. The US is in so deep now, that it cannot even withdraw without starting an escalation.

Just My Thought!

Most Respectfully,
R

seems to me that "THE KURDS" is a wild card. They are unaligned, or realigned, or
equivocal-------a whole collection of independents ----a special class unto themselves. Lately--
with Erdogan in control----Turkey is becoming more and more an enemy to the USA. Assad is no
better than Saddam. It's a matter----with both Turkey and Syria-----WHO HOLDs THE POWER THIS
WEEK. Same is true of Lebanon, Libya, Iraq and Syria------even Jordan

※→ Bleipriester, et al,

When the general public (of which I am a part) looks at the situation in Syria and the fight against DAESH (ISIS/ISIL), there is an unmistakable sign of confusion. The Title of this Thread (Kurds Applaud Downing of Israeli F-16; Invites Syrian Army to Afrin) is an example to many as an incoherent Foreign Policy in this regard.

The YPG has again invited the Syrian army to Afrin, which they say is Syrian land. The YPG officially applauds the downing of an Israeli F-16 by Syrian air defense and hopes they will down a Turkish warplane too.

(COMMENT)

The US is an ally of Israel and opposes the DAESH. (Israel opposes the Assad Regime.)
The Israel is an ally of US opposes DAESH and the Syrian Arab Army (SAA-Part of Assad's Armed Forces).
• Israel, with the Kurds (YPG) applauding the Assad Regime's downing of an Allied Fighter (Israel).
• The Kurds (YPG) are seeming aligning with the Syrian Arab Army (SAA-Part of Assad's Armed Forces) inviting the SAA into Afrin.
The Kurds are opposing the Turks (President Erdogan) which condemn US' support for Kurdish YPG fighters.
You could get air-sick just trying to draw this matrix. The US has the most complicated and irrational set of relationships in the Middle East, than any other nation on Earth. And while US Secretary of State Tillerson (SECSTATE) describes the relationship with the Turkish Republic as a time-tested alliance built on common interests and mutual respect, it is actually forming into an intermittent and alternating position which can flip-flop in the blink of an eye.

I'm not sure there is a solution. The US is in so deep now, that it cannot even withdraw without starting an escalation.

Just My Thought!

Most Respectfully,
R
Most of this is nonsene. Neither US nor Israel oppose ISIS (DAESH-Part of Trump´s Armed Forces). We can see: Since the end of the Syrian operations in the east, the US did not push the SDF to grab further soil and ISIS even retook land. US trains and deploys ISIS under the name of Deir Ezzor Militray Council: Syrian Democratic Forces military councils - Wikipedia

The government does not appose the Kurds but regards them as Syrian citizens.

And it is very easy again: The government is the only one that would help them.
Secretary of Islamic State Boylover Oilthug Tillerson wants to remove the Kurds from Manbij.

Trump´s advisor McISIS´ (aka "McMaster") only contribution to the Siko in Munich was to incite against Russia, Syria, Iran and North Korea.

Last edited:
more BS from capt Blei----------the one take-away from the capt----IF YOU DO NOT LICK THE
SHIT OFF THE ASS OF MURDERER BAATHIST PIG, BASHAR ASSAD----you are,
BY CAPT. BLEI DEFINITION-------an ISIS supporter. (for those who forgot -----capt
blei's beloved Saddam of hundreds of thousands dead in the dust-----as also a glorious
BAATHIST PIG------and a generous sharer of poison with HIS pal----HAFEZ

※→ Bleipriester, et al,

Yes, I did not want to go into a massive detail as to every military relationship, other then to give example of how convoluted and confusing the US Policy is in the region.

※→ Bleipriester, et al,

(COMMENT)

Just My Thought!

Most Respectfully,
R
Most of this is nonsene. Neither US nor Israel oppose ISIS (DAESH-Part of Trump´s Armed Forces).
(COMMENT)

I don't think that is accurate at all. The military goal and objective of Central Command and the Combined Joint Task Force – Operation Inherent Resolve (CJTF–OIR) is to "to degrade and ultimately destroy" DAESH through the establishment of a US-led international coalition against those hostile forces, set up by the US Central Command to coordinate the military efforts.

I'm not sure where you get the impression that there is a positive alliance between DAESH and the US.

We can see: Since the end of the Syrian operations in the east, the US did not push the SDF to grab further soil and ISIS even retook land. US trains and deploys ISIS under the name of Deir Ezzor Militray Council: Syrian Democratic Forces military councils - Wikipedia
(COMMENT)

The Deir ez-Zor is just one of four separate and distinct Military Councils established by the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF). The Forces of the US Central Command and Special Operations Command do not and have not (repeat - do not and have not) recruited, trained, equipped and dispatched the Forces of the Islamic State (either ISIS or ISIL). Militarily, there are limits to which the US Forces will support the SDF on the west side of the Euphrates. (NOTE: Do not confuse discussion that might intermix the territorial location of Deir ez-Zor )District and Governorate with that meaning the Deir ez-Zor Military Council.)

The government does not appose the Kurds but regards them as Syrian citizens.
(COMMENT)

In very broad strokes:

There are ethnic Kurdish people, are an ethnic group spanning the parts of southeastern Turkey, and northern parts of Iran, Iraq, and Syria. (The Kurds are spread-out over several nations; not just Syrian. In general, the Kurds have no opportunity to establish Kurdish Sovereignty through self-determination.)

There are the Kurdish that fought for and secured the semi-autonomous region in Northern Iraq; with the capital and largest metropolitan area in Irbil.​

Both of these groups are politically challenging; but for very different reasons. This is a very different set of discussion on the issue of what the Kurds believed they were promised territoriality; and, what Peshmerga are doing in deployments in and around the flash-point of Kirkuk. → (the oil fields)

And it is very easy again: The government is the only one that would help them.
Secretary of Islamic State Boylover Oilthug Tillerson wants to remove the Kurds from Manbij.

Trump´s advisor McISIS´ (aka "McMaster") only contribution to the Siko in Munich was to incite against Russia, Syria, Iran and North Korea.
(COMMENT)

I'm not sure what you intent here might be. But LTG McMaster is not a pro-DAESH advocate. I see no reason to tarnish or slander his name. You can always express disagreement on the content of ideas and the way forward, but the man himself is one of the best educated and one of the finest men you will ever have the opportunity to meet.

As to the matter of the one of the main disputes over the Kurd is the way the US distributes support. Again, this is not an easy thing to explain as it is part of the incoherent policies in the US follows.

Most Respectfully,
R

The politics of the middle east soo convoluted and such an enigma that sometimes I think even the almighty is at a loss as to who is in bed with who.

And the U.S. government is beyond clueless as to which side to support or fight. ..... :cuckoo:

※→ Bleipriester, et al,

(COMMENT)

Just My Thought!

Most Respectfully,
R

They have to align to have any chance against Turkey. They don't care about Israel one way or the other. Having Syrians on the ground with the backing of Iran, and the help of Russian air assets backing Syrian forces helps their cause greatly.

The US is losing control in Turkey, while trying to protect the Kurds, while Israel is attacking Iranian assets they don't want to end up in the hands of Hezbolla, with Russia defending the air space they have drawn a red line over.

What a party.

I'll share a story with you about how much the American media keeps us in the dark about the Middle East.

It was mid 1980 and I had driven to Oklahoma City to purchase a car I had seen advertised in the newspaper. The salesman was a brown skinned fellow with a short beard and a foreign accent. After we make a deal on the car, I asked him where he was from? He told me Iran, and we started talking politics, as the Iranian hostage situation was still fresh on everyone's mind.

During the conversation, he told me the American people were being lied to about the embargo the U.S. had placed on Iran, and that America was selling weapons and airplane parts to the Iranian government.

On the drive home I was laughing at how idiotic this foreign guy was, because everyone knew our President hated the Iranian government. And besides, it was against U.S. law to sell or trade anything with Iran, because they were the evil enemy.

Well about three or four months later the Iran-Contra affair was front page news and all hell broke loose. And that defining day, I figured out that most of the things I believed concerning international politics was bunk. I mean, if a lowly used car salesman from Iran knew the truth about our dealings with Iran, then it must be common knowledge on the streets of the Middle East, and our media had been keeping it hidden from the public. .... :cool:

Last edited:
(COMMENT)

I don't think that is accurate at all. The military goal and objective of Central Command and the Combined Joint Task Force – Operation Inherent Resolve (CJTF–OIR) is to "to degrade and ultimately destroy" DAESH through the establishment of a US-led international coalition against those hostile forces, set up by the US Central Command to coordinate the military efforts.

I'm not sure where you get the impression that there is a positive alliance between DAESH and the US.
There are many articles and videos that show the cooperation. If you want me to give examples, ask for it. Just one: In 2013, ISIS started in Syria as ally of "rebels":
Battle of Raqqa (March 2013) - Wikipedia

This does not only show the true nature of the "rebels" but also that if a country is willing to enable and support this "rebels" there is no further step required to support ISIS as well.

The 60+ countries of the coalition did little to fight ISIS. In fact they tried to claim the airspace to avoid Syrian and later Russian airstrikes. Thank to Russian moral cowardice, they now succeeded in what they didn´t in 2014.

(COMMENT)

I'm not sure what you intent here might be. But LTG McMaster is not a pro-DAESH advocate. I see no reason to tarnish or slander his name. You can always express disagreement on the content of ideas and the way forward, but the man himself is one of the best educated and one of the finest men you will ever have the opportunity to meet.

As to the matter of the one of the main disputes over the Kurd is the way the US distributes support. Again, this is not an easy thing to explain as it is part of the incoherent policies in the US follows.

Most Respectfully,
R
McISIS is far fetched, admittedly. Likewise is McMaster´s claim that the Syrian government is a "global security threat" and a "rogue state". This government has done the most to destroy ISIS, so if somebody now does not respect this fact but instead puts blame on this government this person should not wonder when his name is altered this way.
After all we can see the true intentions of the US in Syria: Destroy the government. They are not hiding this. After all, ISIS is as good as defeated. If your claim ("to degrade and ultimately destroy" DAESH) was true, the US mission is now finished and the US can leave Syria. They don´t. Instead they train ISIS and al-Qaeda forces in Deir Ezzor to occupy eastern Syria and at least prolong the conflict. They could gather more terrorists from a number of countries like before to launch attacks on the Syrian government again.

"On 8 December 2016 the Deir ez-Zor Military Council was created during a SDF conference in Hasaka. The members consist of remnants of the former armed rebel council of the same name, expelled from the city by the Islamic State in 2014, having joined the SDF in November 2016 and former Islamic State fighters which have been re-trained by U.S. forces."
Syrian Democratic Forces military councils - Wikipedia

Last edited:
I mean, if a lowly used car salesman from Iran knew the truth about our dealings with Iran, then it must be common knowledge on the streets of the Middle East, and our media had been keeping it hidden from the public. .... :cool:

I have already written many times that I am amazed at how much Westerners are credulous about the media and official information. For those who grew up in the USSR and its culture, it seems obvious that politicians and journalists can not be trusted, even if they are telling the truth. Even the truth can be said so that an impression will be created that does not correspond to reality. In the USSR, for example, official sources of information almost never lied. But they gave a one-sided interpretation.

There was such a very popular anecdote. Brezhnev and Reagan arranged a competition for running. The next day, the newspaper Pravda publishes the results of the competition: "Our Secretary General took the second place in the race. The American president came to the finish of the penultimate". Not a word of lies, only truth. But what an interpretation! :)

Today journalists and politicians of all countries often do not just give a one-sided interpretation, but they are directly lying. And if few people believe in empty words in Russia, then in the West this belief is sometimes amazing.

I'll share a story with you about how much the American media keeps us in the dark about the Middle East.

It was mid 1980 and I had driven to Oklahoma City to purchase a car I had seen advertised in the newspaper. The salesman was a brown skinned fellow with a short beard and a foreign accent. After we make a deal on the car, I asked him where he was from? He told me Iran, and we started talking politics, as the Iranian hostage situation was still fresh on everyone's mind.

During the conversation, he told me the American people were being lied to about the embargo the U.S. had placed on Iran, and that America was selling weapons and airplane parts to the Iranian government.

On the drive home I was laughing at how idiotic this foreign guy was, because everyone knew our President hated the Iranian government. And besides, it was against U.S. law to sell or trade anything with Iran, because they were the evil enemy.

Well about three or four months later the Iran-Contra affair was front page news and all hell broke loose. And that defining day, I figured out that most of the things I believed concerning international politics was bunk. I mean, if a lowly used car salesman from Iran knew the truth about our dealings with Iran, then it must be common knowledge on the streets of the Middle East, and our media had been keeping it hidden from the public. .... :cool:

all you have done is demonstrated your Naivete, sunni dear. Embargos are KINDA ALWAYS
like that----business is business-----which is why the STARVATION SIEGE that the muzzies have
TRIED DESPERATELY TO IMPOSE on ISRAEL since circa 1950 HAS NOT WORKED for
'allah' and his rapist boyfriend. I have interacted with real Iranians ---both muslim and
jewish since the early 1960s -----and real Syrians. My information regarding what is going on
in Yemen-----comes from Yemenis who are IN CONSTANT telephone communication with their
extensive families over there. What I know about the actions of the rapist west Pakistani
army in 1971----came from West Pakistanis---------etc etc etc etc -------for the record---muzzie arabs
in the middle east have a HUGE APPETITE for Israeli products and have no problem getting them. ----
Khat is no issue-----but it is the MORE SOPHISTICATED stuff that the IMAMS use thruout
Egypt and Lebanon and-------even Saudi Arabia. --------ALCOHOL proscribed by islam?? yeah
right-------back circa year 2000 -----I COULD have gotten rich writing scripts for muzzies who wanted
VIAGRA to sell "back home" (outlawed in holy muslim lands---yeah right) BTW never tell an
IRANIAN he is "brown-skinned" Generally Iranians are not "brown-skinned" -----they may not be
as pink and rosey as am I------but they are racially CAUCASION----in fact ARYAN------and they tend
to be very COLOR CONSCIOUS. It is true that they usually have black hair----except for the women
who FAVOR coloring their hair red-------and use that really awful carroty henna crap/ Now for weapons---
the fact is that anyone with enough money can get anything------ask Adnan Khashoggi-----that honest
muslim businessman is still alive and working for allah.

※→ Bleipriester, et al,

Yes, this is like trying to outfit the situational mosaic using the Battlefield remnants of broken pieces of stained glass and shards accumulated over time. ⇒ Then, using the debris, trying to assemble them into an accurate and current representation of the formulated political picture of today; near impossible to do.

(COMMENT)

There are many articles and videos that show the cooperation. If you want me to give examples, ask for it. Just one: In 2013, ISIS started in Syria as ally of "rebels":
Battle of Raqqa (March 2013) - Wikipedia

This does not only show the true nature of the "rebels" but also that if a country is willing to enable and support this "rebels" there is no further step required to support ISIS as well.

The 60+ countries of the coalition did little to fight ISIS. In fact they tried to claim the airspace to avoid Syrian and later Russian airstrikes. Thank to Russian moral cowardice, they now succeeded in what they didn´t in 2014.
(COMMENT)

One of a big mistake that the US Intelligence Community commits on a reoccurring basis is: • using dated material on foreign threats, ⇒ and then • creating a story that supports their pet theories. And in doing so ⇒ not taking into account abrupt changes political personalities and the influence it has on abrupt changes in the formulated political picture of today.

Some see the linage of DAESH as stretching back to the time of Abd al-Wahhab (early 1800's) and the adoption of ultra radical doctrine. While these ideas capture the heart of Ibn Saud, it only gives modern day DAESH a reference to fall back upon. It was not a direct philosophical amalgamation. The three main ideas that attached themselves and survive to this day are: (1) Arab Tradition, (2) Jihadism, and (3) Martyrdom. The battlefield outcome (mid-2014) result of the fall of Mosul (Iraq) to the very rapidly development Salafi-Jihadi entity DAESH (also referred to as IS, as evolved from ISIL, or ISIS) actually started under an imaginary concept described as an "Islamic Caliphate." So swift was its formation, that it moved much faster and outstripped the more slow and cumbersome political reactions of both Washington and Baghdad. The Political-Military and Religious branding of the DAESH. The evolution, development, and alteration of the Salafi-jihadi ideology was a result of a Lineage going back a century.

(COMMENT)
I'm not sure what your intent here might be. But LTG McMaster is not a pro-DAESH advocate. I see no reason to tarnish or slander his name. You can always express disagreement on the content of ideas and the way forward, but the man himself is one of the best educated and one of the finest men you will ever have the opportunity to meet.

As to the matter of - one of the main disputes over the Kurd is the way the US distributes support. Again, this is not an easy thing to explain as it is part of the incoherent policies in the US follows.
McISIS is far fetched, admittedly. Likewise is McMaster´s claim that the Syrian government is a "global security threat" and a "rogue state". This government has done the most to destroy ISIS, so if somebody now does not respect this fact but instead puts blame on this government this person should not wonder when his name is altered this way.

After all we can see the true intentions of the US in Syria: Destroy the government. They are not hiding this. After all, ISIS is as good as defeated. If your claim ("to degrade and ultimately destroy" DAESH) was true, the US mission is now finished and the US can leave Syria. They don´t. Instead they train ISIS and al-Qaeda forces in Deir Ezzor to occupy eastern Syria and at least prolong the conflict. They could gather more terrorists from a number of countries like before to launch attacks on the Syrian government again.

"On 8 December 2016 the Deir ez-Zor Military Council was created during a SDF conference in Hasaka. The members consist of remnants of the former armed rebel council of the same name, expelled from the city by the Islamic State in 2014, having joined the SDF in November 2016 and former Islamic State fighters which have been re-trained by U.S. forces."
Syrian Democratic Forces military councils - Wikipedia
(COMMENT)

Scattered throughout the region from generation to generation - for over a hundred year (or more), from Afghanistan - on and arc - right to the Lebanese Coast, there are all sorts of combat personnel remnants of the former armed entities. This is not so dissimilar from the Avenue of Professional Adventurers along the California Coast.

Re-branding Arab Fighters (Professional Adventurers) is not uncommon at all. Don't read too much into the term "former IS fighters." Look at the intent and the plan. It is certainly not unreasonable to assume that the Central Command and Special Operations Command will take advantage of every resource available to defeat DAESH and continue to provide assistance to entities of the SDF having the goal of fighting and defeating ISIS. In all kinds of proxy and asymmetric warfare there are risks. What you are pointing out are risks factors; and you imply an unfavorable outcome. That is your judgment; but, not necessarily one with all the data points to make a reasonable assessment.

Most Respectfully,
R

(COMMENT)

One of a big mistake that the US Intelligence Community commits on a reoccurring basis is: • using dated material on foreign threats, ⇒ and then • creating a story that supports their pet theories. And in doing so ⇒ not taking into account abrupt changes political personalities and the influence it has on abrupt changes in the formulated political picture of today.

Some see the linage of DAESH as stretching back to the time of Abd al-Wahhab (early 1800's) and the adoption of ultra radical doctrine. While these ideas capture the heart of Ibn Saud, it only gives modern day DAESH a reference to fall back upon. It was not a direct philosophical amalgamation. The three main ideas that attached themselves and survive to this day are: (1) Arab Tradition, (2) Jihadism, and (3) Martyrdom. The battlefield outcome (mid-2014) result of the fall of Mosul (Iraq) to the very rapidly development Salafi-Jihadi entity DAESH (also referred to as IS, as evolved from ISIL, or ISIS) actually started under an imaginary concept described as an "Islamic Caliphate." So swift was its formation, that it moved much faster and outstripped the more slow and cumbersome political reactions of both Washington and Baghdad. The Political-Military and Religious branding of the DAESH. The evolution, development, and alteration of the Salafi-jihadi ideology was a result of a Lineage going back a century.
I think this is your personal assumption and - with all due respect - it is naive and also wrong.

"A revealing light on how we got here has now been shone by a recently declassified secret US intelligence report, written in August 2012, which uncannily predicts – and effectively welcomes – the prospect of a “Salafist principality” in eastern Syria and an al-Qaida-controlled Islamic state in Syria and Iraq. In stark contrast to western claims at the time, the Defense Intelligence Agency document identifies al-Qaida in Iraq (which became Isis) and fellow Salafists as the “major forces driving the insurgency in Syria” – and states that “western countries, the Gulf states and Turkey” were supporting the opposition’s efforts to take control of eastern Syria."
Now the truth emerges: how the US fuelled the rise of Isis in Syria and Iraq | Seumas Milne

(COMMENT)

Scattered throughout the region from generation to generation - for over a hundred year (or more), from Afghanistan - on and arc - right to the Lebanese Coast, there are all sorts of combat personnel remnants of the former armed entities. This is not so dissimilar from the Avenue of Professional Adventurers along the California Coast.

Re-branding Arab Fighters (Professional Adventurers) is not uncommon at all. Don't read too much into the term "former IS fighters." Look at the intent and the plan. It is certainly not unreasonable to assume that the Central Command and Special Operations Command will take advantage of every resource available to defeat DAESH and continue to provide assistance to entities of the SDF having the goal of fighting and defeating ISIS. In all kinds of proxy and asymmetric warfare there are risks. What you are pointing out are risks factors; and you imply an unfavorable outcome. That is your judgment; but, not necessarily one with all the data points to make a reasonable assessment.

Most Respectfully,
R
Al-Qaeda and ISIS terrorists gain strength hidden under the name "SDF" and protected by the Coalition and one day the Coalition will leave eastern Syria and this will put an and to their "good behavior". Another scenario is that the US wants to display those terrorists as lawful opposition and to provide air cover when they try to expand beyond the Euphrates but that´s hard to realize as those terrorists will not behave. One thing is for sure however: ISIS and al-Qaeda terrorists never lead to a happy end and it is incomprehensible how you can assume this to be a possibility.

Forum List

Back