Kudos to John Roberts

The basis of the mandate is that it's a tax which the Congress can levy. Obama can deny it all he wants to, or call it something else, but it's a tax. I don't think they should be able to tax EVERYTHING, but maybe it's up to us to make sure that doesn't happen. I'm not thrilled with the ACA, but this action does put this issue front and center. Which is a good thing IMHO, it should be up tot he voters to decide this thing.

Obama tried to redefine tax increase, calling it a mandate.

Now he's signed the biggest tax increase in U.S. history.

Judge Roberts exposed him.

Next question: Will President Romney keep is word.

The basis of the mandate is that it's a tax which the Congress can levy. Obama can deny it all he wants to, or call it something else, but it's a tax. I don't think they should be able to tax EVERYTHING, but maybe it's up to us to make sure that doesn't happen. I'm not thrilled with the ACA, but this action does put this issue front and center. Which is a good thing IMHO, it should be up tot he voters to decide this thing.

this got a great big pos rep!!!!!!!!

:thewave:

too funny

:poop:

There will never be any such animal.

I doubt it.

No. But there will be such a man, when he defeats The ONE in November.

It will be time to take out the old guard of liberal Democratics presently infesting the system.

He may not be the guy I wanted for the job, but he is destined to be superior to the guy presently holding the Office.

The Hispanic vote is not gonna help The ONE except that he will learn the meaning of "adios."

No. But there will be such a man, when he defeats The ONE in November.

It will be time to take out the old guard of liberal Democratics presently infesting the system.

He may not be the guy I wanted for the job, but he is destined to be superior to the guy presently holding the Office.

The Hispanic vote is not gonna help The ONE except that he will learn the meaning of "adios."

I agree.

You guys are pretty funny simpletons.
If you could comprehend what he read today - then you would understand that he found as we expected - the mandate is unconstitutional, however falls under the authority of congress as a tax. Which is not at all what the congress critters and the President told us - in fact they vehemently denied it.
So what he said today is by law - what you voted on was a tax increase for those who could least afford it as a fine for not having insurance.
Congratulations Ravi. If you don't have insurance, you will either have to buy some with money you don't have (otherwise you would already have it) or you will pay a tax penalty for not doing so.
Have a nice day.
I have insurance :D

If you don't, and you can't afford it, you will either be eligible for medicaid or receive a waiver for being too poor to afford it :D

Who is too poor to afford it?
And who will pay their bills?
Ahh...now he gets it...:eusa_hand:

I doubt it.

Really? Why do you think that? I can't see Romney not doing everything he can to repeal the ACA, it's gonna be a major issue all the way to November. Only way he doesn't repeal it is if the Dems kep control of the Senate.

I doubt it.

Really? Why do you think that? I can't see Romney not doing everything he can to repeal the ACA, it's gonna be a major issue all the way to November. Only way he doesn't repeal it is if the Dems kep control of the Senate.

Romney is like a fish.

I voted for him, though, because I didn't want Bishop Santorum running the country.

I cant tell whether or not Romney is really against it. And from what I've heard, it's not going to be that easy to repeal it.

What it really means is yes they can tax the air.

OMG now you have gone and done it.
You don't think Obama and his ilk haven't thought about it.
The EPA probably has plans on the books to do something along those lines...

This bunch will friggin tax anything and everything and then look for something else to tax.

:evil:

I doubt it.

Romney is like a fish.

I voted for him, though, because I didn't want Bishop Santorum running the country.

I cant tell whether or not Romney is really against it. And from what I've heard, it's not going to be that easy to repeal it.

Don't know about easy, I doubt if the GOP will get 60 votes in the Senate for repeal, next year. But maybe they'll not need 60 since it's a tax, not sure about that either. But I do know one thing, Romney has to support repeal if elected, else his political base would rapidly deteriorate.

I doubt it.

Romney is like a fish.

how can he be against something that was his signature legislation?

Romney is like a fish.

It wasn't FEDERAL legislation.

Romney is like a fish.

Immaterial. And it was a serious question for Elvis, not you, your partisan hackist.

Immaterial. And it was a serious question for Elvis, not you, your partisan hackist.

Wong again ya bombastic pin head. It is ultimately material. Which explains why you can't see it or admit it.

The answer was a serious answer and anybody can answer on a political discussion thread, moron.

You're just pissed that I identified you as a partisan hack, so now you have to try to pin it on me.

Pitiable you.

Forum List

Back